THR Well the chicken crossed the road & is an eagle hatchling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great title Eagle, you did it and now can resume a life of activity. Keep it slow and steady. Wait at least a few days, before flying:)
 
FYI Joeski Eagle it takes eaglets about 85-89 days to fledge, and sometimes yhey end up hanging upside down from a branch on their first try-- I've seen the photo! So, you can wait awhile to fly....:wink: Before that, they do something called "branching"-- you can do that soon!!! :)
 
So glad you didn't chicken (haha, eagle!) out this time especially after it was delayed! I'm now 4 months out and doing more each week so when spring finally gets here I'll be ready. Just have to remember that it's a marathon not a sprint.
Happy healing to you!
Anne
 
WAY TO GO JOESKI!!! I've been keeping an eye out to see how you made out! I can't wait to hear about your progress!! Just take it slow and ask questions...We are all in this together..I don't know what I would do without this website! So proud of you for doing it... :happydance:
 
Hi everyone, I have been sleeping a lot today getting caught up from not getting much the night before my fixing & the day of the fixing. Nurses & PT & OT are telling me I'm doing great. I am having trouble thinking this is great because I still need help and there can be some pain in the fixed hip. I guess since it is only 2 & 1/2 days since my operation I don't think like I should be at 3 weeks out.

Tomorrow I get to go to a rehab center for 5 to 7 days. What's your experiences there? I guess it concentrated PT & OT? I still need to reread the info I got posted in this thread to get it fresh in my head.

Once again thank you everyone!
 
Joe you are doing so well... I have no idea about what will happen at the rehab centre, my only advice would be ... don't let the PT push you, if it hurts, stop... Remember, the no pain, no gain does not apply with recovery...

We will be looking forward to hearing about your experience. :)
 
Joeski :yawn: :zzz: excellent! All I know about rehab centers is that while you are there, you don't have to feed your won cats/dogs/gerbils/snake. And that's from inference, not experience. From experience at visiting-- there will be at least one very jolly staff member whose laugh you will enjoy, and, maybe there will be movie night! :) Sleep on my friend zzzzzzzzz
 
Joeski.. I wish I had gone to rehab first! My in home PT was a joke and when I went to outpatient PT they couldn't believe that I had no Occupational therapy..which teaches you how to put socks on..get into bed..bend to pick up stuff...I just struggled with all that! You will have more intense therapy and thats great. Hopefully the food isn't awful..you may have to revert to sneaking in outside nourishment!!!Good luck!
 
A quick update & then I'll probably need to sleep again. About 1 PM EDT in Pennsylvania I was transported in a wheelchair van. The man knew where to take me and knew where the bumps in the road are so I wouldn't bonce around the van. That was nice to be outside getting fresh air & sunshine.

At my check in I get weighted on the wheel chair then taken to my room. I really like it except it's bigger than the hospital room so I know in my head that I'm going to have to move farther to get things.

I had a PT eval and was asked what kind of goals I have. I said walk with only a cane, have less pain & one more I can't think of.

The food at the hospital was really good because i was allowed to pick from a menu with a lot of options. Here there is 2 different choices of main food choices. But both tasted pretty good to very good.

So the energy drain info on BoneSmart is so true. OHHHH Boy am I tired to exhausted. I can't post as much as I'd like to because of the energy drain.

Have a Happy Easter everyone who celebrates Easter.

Thank you all.
 
Joeski

So pleased you made it to rehab without the bumps in the road..

Glad you like your room, that is a good start, feeling comfortable in one's surroundings..

Slow and steady is the name of the game with recovery and especially rehab.. If it hurts, do stop and moderate.. I am keen to follow your progress :)
 
Welcome to the other side Joeski! Yes, your body has been through quite a bit. Sleep as much as you can - all healthy healing!
 
Yey, well done @Joeski, you've done the hard bit and it really does get easier from now on. I'm at 2 weeks now and yes, you must do your excersises to get strong, but I'm sure you knew that anyway. Hope you're sleeping better by now? :sleep:
 
Joe nice to hear you had a smooth transition to the rehap facility,
it sounds like you are off to a great start in your recovery.
before you know it, you will be walking further and further,
and in a few weeks, a nice springtime walk outside! good for you
going into spring, i had to weather some cold/snow during rehab and
that didn't make for such pleasant walks outdoors.

Joe when you get time, let us know how things are doing with the rest
of your recovery, other then energy loss, are you feeling well? managing
the pain ok? getting the hang of getting in and out of the bed/chair?
 
Joeski, congrats on making it to rehab. Like Poppet said, sleep when you can and tune out of things other than your recovery at this point. The better the start you get, the better you'll get on once you're at home. Post if you're up to it, but don't worry about us. We'll be waiting for you when you're getting your energy back!
 
are you feeling well? Yes except being too warm. I like to keep my house on the cool side but here in the rehab there is no control. The hospital had a thermostat so I could adjust my comfort. managing the pain ok? A BIG yes. I so wish I knew this is what would happen. I could never get my doctor to explain to me how much pain I would be in. Or if he did I didn't believe it due to my phobia. Compared to my bone on bone self torture this is not bad. I will have what I call a jolt when I move a way I haven't in the past. But my "ice pick stabs" to my as Ii call them I think were worse getting the hang of getting in and out of the bed/chair? At first my leg felt like it was in a bucket of cement ready to dry. It is still weak because I haven't exercised it in so long. Using the leg pull up tool I can lift it off the bed then get to the rest room or around the room OK. Same with the chair.

Thanks!
 
Joeski you're sounding very good! You must drive that road alot, to know where the bumps are :) Hope the food continues good-to-very-good, and you get plenty of rest/sleep! chris
 
Hi Joe, glad to hear things are going so well. I'm four weeks tomorrow and it just keeps getting better. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom