THR Well the chicken crossed the road & is an eagle hatchling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm now looking forward to getting out of the rehab hospital by Friday I hope because of all the noises & interruptions of being in one. Being woken up through out the night for vidals, blood sucks, dispensing medicines, early morning riser's, having breakfast at a set 7:30 AM which is to early for me. Now that I have bone on bone PAIN gone I'm able to sleep if allowed but I'm not allowed due to all I mentioned above. I also notice there are a lot of extra noises you will pick up on when your in a strange environment. Some can be soothing & other annoying.
 
Hi Joeski, Once you are back in your own environment you will be much better. Setting your own schedules and being able to nap in peace makes life so much easier.
Happy healing Barbara
 
Yea Joe I know what you are going thru, i was in the hosp for 6 nites after
my surgery, and yea, they like to wake you up! towards the end they let me
go a little more, but it is not an easy place to sleep.
I ended up with a very itchy back and bottomside... and that stayed
with me after i got home, probably due to some of the meds.
sleep when you can, day or nite, and before you know it you will
be home in your own bed.
Joe have you walked around the floor yet? how did it go?
 
How about trying earphones and an MP3 player? I used one when I had spinal surgery - the entire night. Cuts down on the constant noise around you and some nice soothing music might help you get to sleep.
 
Welcome to the best side to be on! Congratulations on your new hip, and a welcomed pain free future!
 
Joeski I like Jaycey 's idea-- can you get someone to load up an MP3 with whatever soothes you (I do NOT recommend "brown noise" from the iTunes store, it gave me the strangest sleep pattern I ever had-- waste of 99cents!) You may be allowed some rest soon, I hope! :) I'm thinking of bringing my old white noise generator to the hospital with me, put it right by my head 24hrs!
 
Hi Joeski, do you have to stay right up til Friday?
Before my op, I wanted to stay in hospital as long as they would let me, then go to rehab. My plan was to be independant by the time I got back home. Well, I changed my mind about all that by day 4 because I felt so good. I just wanted to go home! And let me tell you, that first night at home, in your own bed.... Bliss!
Hope you're home before you know it.
Ally
 
Vertigo is not the way to go. Yuk. Around 1 AM last night after going to the rest room and getting back into bed I noticed that when I moved my head I became extremely dizzy. I was going to post on here but the dizziness said no way. I didn't even get a chance to pick up my mini laptop. It would have been to much.

Have any other of you hippies had this? I requested antivert & zofran. I so far only got the antivert and it's in me about 1 hour and maybe the symptoms are going away. The PT still had me do about an hour od stuff even though I told the man I was really dizzy. Should I have out right refused this? I was told earlier by a different staff member insurance won't let you miss any sessions for any reason.

Well that's all for a little while.

Thank you everyone once again my fellow hippies.
 
Joe i did get light headed, and even passed out 2 mornings after surgery, blamed it
on my low blood count. I didn't get any specific meds for it, and they were watching
my hematocrit levels along with the rest of my vitals etc. I was sitting in a chair
next to the bed when i did pass out, so at least i didn't fall. woke up to a whole bunch
of folks around me, and they got me back in bed to rest.:yikes:
 
Joeski yikes! It is very odd, my son had the exact same symptoms yesterday afternoon. So dissy that his boss had to drive him home! He recognized them from last year as being from impacted wax in his ears. I wonder if you are allergic to the rehab building, and it's affecting your inner ear? Have you ever had seasonal allergies?-- this is definitely the time for that. or you may be reacting to your pain med, of course. Maybe call your doc and see if an antihistamine would be ok?
I don't see how the insurance company would be able to MAKE you go to a PT session. I can see them only covering a certain number of sessions whether you participated or not, tho. I think the staff member had hold of the wrong end of the stick. I guess "for any reason" would include you being dead, to take it to an extreme? Doesn't make sense to me.
Keep us posted :)
 
Ear infections give you vertigo as well...and make you nauseous!! They gave me motion sickness medicine to help my stomach but said 99% of the time its viral and it has to take its course. Yours is probably from the meds..and it sounds like they are working you too hard!! Wait until Josephine hears about this!!You can tell them no..it has nothing to do with insurance!! If you are feeling poor..tough bananas!!!! Feel better Joeski...home will feel like heaven!!
 
Hi Joeski are they checking your blood pressure on a regular basis, mine was very low after my op, they told me it's quite common after a major operation and that can cause lots of symptoms including dizziness. Viral vertigo is horrible so let's hope it's not that! :what:
 
Two things to consider Joe - low blood pressure post op is very common. As others have indicated, be sure they are checking this.

Are you taking any blood thinning meds? I was SO dizzy on blood thinners. I finally passed out one day! When I read the patient leaflet it said this could be a side effect.

Easy does it - we certainly don't want a fall.
 
I also had low blood pressure, and felt a bit light headed while in hospital. I normally take medication for essential hypertension and didn't need to take any for a good week following surgery. I still get a bit light headed if I do too much, like lots of walking at the shops. Drinking water might help you, it helps me.
Ally
 
Joeski, I was off kayaking for a few days with no wifi so I just learned of your vertigo. How's our new eagle doing now?
[Bonesmart.org] Well the chicken crossed the road & is an eagle hatchling
 
Joeski how ya doin? I hope things are more under control now :) :)
sissy46 did you get that bald eagle on your kayaking trip? Great shot-- he's just waiting for that poor hapless fish to get a li-i-ittle closer LOL
 
zauberflöte yes, on the kayak trip along with otters, 15 different snakes in one day, manatees, wood ducks, etc.
When I saw the eagle I thought of Joeski.
 
Joeski, it is seriously time for an update. Are you going home today? You know your fellow BoneSmarties have inquiring minds and want to know that you are doing well:SUNsmile:
 
Joeski Joeski yooohoooo!, we hope you are well and I'm imagining you making the trek to your house, knowing where all the bumps:bicycle2: are, sinking into your favorite item of furniture and heaving a huge sigh of relief!! :) :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom