Guest viewing is limited

TKR Well Nov. 3 is here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Well Nov. 3 is here!!!
 
Hi @MercysPeace

I hope that you are ok? The drains are good. I had that with my revision and my knee looks great and it's only six weeks out. There is a pic on my thread.

I'm so pleased that you like your doctor. That's nice when they are decent and treat you well.

Have you had stitches or staples? Good luck in rehab x x

Wishing you a speedy recovery x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
I had dilaudid with my first knee when the femoral block failed. It helped quite a bit to get me on an even keel for pain control.
 
Thinking of you. :flwrysmile:
 
I'm still having a bad time with pain management. The rehab place has really messed that up. Now they want me only on Tylenol during the day and Percocet at night by the time i leave inpatient rehab on Friday. My new knee is only 8 days new. Im extremely disillusioned. Also. My Orth apt is Thursday and Friday, God willing, Friday im leaving rehab facility.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @MercysPeace ! I just found your recovery thread. Welcome to The Other Side! Sounds like your surgery went smoothly. I saw the pic with the drain. I had that with both knee surgeries. I think it helps. Extra fluid means swelling, so the drain will make it feel better. Both times with mine it was a little tricky to stop it from bleeding after they took it out though because of the blood thinners I was taking. Looks like you had a lot of bruising! My left one did that but the right one didn't bruise so much. Wow, I think only Tylenol during the day sounds a little scary this early on! I had mine Oct 21 and I'm still taking hydrocodone every four hours, 24/7! If you are still hurting, be sure to tell them the Tylenol isn't helping!

Please keep us posted with your progress.
Best wishes!
Connie. :flwrysmile:
 
Hi @ConnieJOS I just got home from the inpatient rehab. I told them i wanted to leave today. My OS apt is tomorrow morning. Cant wait to see him and tell him all that has transpired. I am so much better now that i am home!!!!
 
Will talk to him about pain management. The rehab facility gave me a script for Percocet but only 40 pills so you know ill need more.
 
I cant believe how rude the nurses can be when you're asking them for pain relief. Two of them said "are you sure you have pain?". Can you believe that?
 
Hope you are doing well in your road to recovery!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Now they want me only on Tylenol during the day and Percocet at night
You've got to be kidding me! No way!

I told them i wanted to leave today
I sure don' blame you there based on your other comments. I would have ran out of there.

Percocet but only 40 pills so you know ill need more.
Maybe, maybe not? Your OS may want you to step down to Norco or something. I liked that better during the day because it doesn't make me sleepy like Percocet does. Percocet is better at night though, definitely.

I cant believe how rude the nurses can be when you're asking them for pain relief. Two of them said "are you sure you have pain?".
Haha! I hope you were snarky with them! I found the responses to my asking for pain meds depended on the personality of the nurse I was dealing with at the time but I was never asked if I was sure I was in pain. What kind of question is that to ask of someone who just had a knee replacement? Unbelievable!

I'm glad you're home. You'll feel much better just by being surrounded by your own things. xox
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom