THR Weird sensations and feeling of instability at times

So yesterday and today I tripped slightly going up the steps and now my leg feels like heavy or pressure. Hoping I didn’t move the implant out of the capsule. Luckily I have an appointment tomorrow and I can get an x-ray. Am I over reacting ? Tell me I’m over reacting without telling me I’m over reacting ? I’ll go first WAAAAHHHH
 
Last edited:
These are the things that remind us that we're still healing on the inside. A trip or a stumble can pull on those still sensitive tissues and it definitely is noticeable. If it is a particular area, go ahead and ice it for a bit with a cloth between the ice and your skin. I caught my op leg on a box even at 6 mos of recovering, and was reminded that I wasn't healed yet. I had to ice for a couple of days for that soreness to ease. The good news: those incidents become fewer and farther in between as time goes along. I'm sure you'll get a lot more reassurance tomorrow at your appointment. Keep us posted.
 
I decided to take some Motrin, do my circuit and go for a walk and it actually feels way better. I definitely feel like I’m overacting at this point. Thanks for the reassurance @Going4fun @Eman85 and @Hip4life I don’t think disaster is where I’m headed. I need to be more confident.
 
Great news ! X-ray is perfect ! This morning I was able to do 35 minutes on my elliptical yay me. Also all of a sudden the stairs are not a problem anymore. Listening to my body despite the dr telling me that I have no restrictions ( like she did 2 months ago ). This time I trust her a little more this time. Or maybe I trust me! Day by day. All I know is the more active I become, the less pain I’m having.
 
It’s so crazy how all of a sudden I’m feeling kind of normal. 11 weeks post surgery and 9 post dislocation. Went out with the girls Saturday for a birthday celebration and I found myself dancing. At one point I was like, “slow down”. So I did. Feeling good with no residuals. Still being cautious, but definitely on my way to 100%.
 
Wise thoughts since you're not quite three months post op in a recovery that can take a full year.
It's good to read you were out enjoying yourself....without the pain of a deteriorating hip. Woohoo! :happyfeet:
 
@Layla which part takes a year? The scar tissue ? And how do you know that you’re healed ?
 
3 months post surgery ! And almost 10 weeks post dislocation. I can do just about everything. I’m still very stiff from sitting too long and I’m still being really cautious with twisting. My right hip was not bone on bone, but it freakin feels like it now. I hope this passes, otherwise I’ll definitely try to get in for that hip this year. Has anyone else felt a rapid change in their “good” hip ?
 
@dnordo220, I had my left hip replaced in July and I knew that I would have to have my right hip replaced at some point. When I went for my follow up appointment my surgeon said that my right hip had deteriorated a lot since an April x ray and the X-ray on leaving hospital. I am having it replaced in October and can really feel it crunching and catching and it’s much more painful. It really has gone downhill quickly .
 
Hi @dnordo220
I think there is a lot of favoring happening early on as we're feeling protective of the new hip. Possibly even more so in your case after the drama / pain of dislocation...and understandably so. Hopefully it just passes and you're good to go for awhile, but then again it may be accelerating in its deterioration. It's hard to know, unfortunately you'll have to give it time and if it doesn't improve, or it worsens, have it examined / x-rayed to evaluate its current state.
 
@Holiday
Click on this link.
 
ACK! I just had a dislocation 3 days ago! I can't tell you how impressed I am that you were able to move and help the first responders! I was a screaming banshee as they attempted to slide me off the side of the pickup and onto the stretcher! Wishing you well as you recover!
 
@danelady omg. I’m so sorry to hear that. Wow, almost 1 month in. It definitely was painful, I still can’t quite figure out how I did that either. I’m not going to lie, for a few seconds, I consider dropping to the ground and having my friend who is an MMA cage fighter, pull it and put it back into place. I figured I’d scream like heck and then it be done. Im still really worried 3 months later. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
 
@dnordo220
Aww thanks so much! This is my second revision and had a custom fit acetabulum put in place with 10 screws. I was worried that the screws came loose and the part moved but nope, everything held....except my femor, lol.
Hope everything continues smoothly for you!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom