THR VSlowLife's Recovery Thread

Finally catching up. This is all great news! I had to wait until about 6 weeks before I felt strong enough and less stiff to be confident driving. Hopefully the normal stair stepping has helped that stiffness a bit for you. Wishing you continued healing and progress in boldly going forward in your recovery. Happy days! ❤️
 
Hopefully the normal stair stepping has helped that stiffness a bit for you.
Yes, I know using the staircase with my cane has helped me get stronger for sure, especially when I started alternating my legs with the cane. I could feel a difference in the way I could walk without a cane, after using the stairs with the cane. The muscles seemed to grab my hip better. It was very encouraging.

I have no 90 angle restriction because I have a dual mobility cup. I have been able to rotate that leg early on because I only need to avoid extreme angles.

My PT dismissed me today to out patient. She said I was very strong. Having strong abs helps me lift my legs together and pivot in the car seat. I was doing this for years, presurgery, thus it is easy to do post surgery.

I took a small maiden voyage today. I took a taxi to the doctor yesterday.

Wishing you continued healing and progress in boldly going forward in your recovery. Happy days!
Thank you!
 
More progress steps to celebrate. Driving freedom plus good enough to be released from home PT.

Have a good night.
 
You are progressing by leaps and bounds. @VSlowLife Happy to see you got out of the house and have graduated from home PT! Jealous of your strong abs! That is an area I am really working on. Went to pot with my walker months. Next month will fly by with lots of new improvements. Very happy you are pain free!
 
Thank you all, for your kind words and encouragement.

I have been under the weather with this head cold getting worse, and not writing too much. Trying the pharmacist’s suggestion, now. If not better soon I will go back to the GP.

My hip activity level has not improved much this week. I have been a bit of a slug, not the fault of my hip. Drove to the village for my medicine and took my big dog, for a solitary walk in a park, where no other dogs could jump on me, or him. We both enjoyed the walk and fresh air. Still using my cane for a better gait.

I was sent a notice from my OS’s hospital that anyone coughing or sick will not be allowed in the building for appointments or visiting patients. I must get over this to be seen for my follow-up appointment.

Meanwhile, I hope everyone is well and seeing improvement.
 
Best of luck with the cold and follow up appointment.

The local medical provider I use will now only see cold, flu, or suspected CV patients at four locations in the region. I was told that at least one of those locations has a triage tent set up in the parking lot to screen patients prior to letting them into the main facility.

How wonderful that you got out with the big dog!
 
Your dog must have been so happy to be out with you and going for a walk. I'm sorry your cold is hanging on. Maybe the days of sunshine will help. I hope your night is peaceful.
 
Thank you, time will tell. Fortunately, I have no major complaints to necessitate an immediate appointment. I have seen in the news, the tents set up, outside of some hospitals. I am glad they are being so proactive.

How wonderful that you got out with the big dog!

Yes it was really wonderful. We usually go to the dog park where he can run free, but there is too much risk of other dogs running into me as they play, now.:doggie:

I hope your night is peaceful.
There was a price to be paid for going out with my dog. A very restless night due to muscles complaining. Had to use some muscle relaxers. I suppose it is part of the healing process. I will need a nap today. Today will be a slow day. All part of the healing process.

The new medicine the pharmacist suggested makes me feel better. :fingersx:
 
Naps are wonderful especially when healing. I am glad to hear the new meds are helping your cold a bit. I hope you have some of the sunshine that is here at my house. Surprisingly it is sunny and the temp has reached 60. I will be going outside and play ball with my little 90# puppy.

Have a wonderful nap :sleeep::dogsniff:
 
I was glad to read that you went to the doctor and are now on antibiotics and can resume Mucinex. I hope the combination of the two quickly knock the cold out and you feel better. Sweet dreams.
 
Yes, I hope so, too. I have been getting to bed early and napping. The allergy medicine was not working. My front right face and head can really throb. Thank you!

I hope the combination of the two quickly knock the cold out and you feel better. Sweet dreams.

I am grateful for the search feature in this forum because I looked up "sinus" and it looks like other THR members have weathered sinus infections well, during their recoveries.
 
Its been 5 1/2 weeks now. I have been slowed down by a sinus infection. :swoon: I researched "sinus" in this forum, and I am not worried. Other members before me, who have had this issue, recovered well. I am grateful for the search feature on this forum.

Walking my dog :doggie: on Sunday put me in the ODIC and I have had to ice :ice: and take it easy. Some muscles have gone back to doing that spasm thing at night. I suppose they were challenged and are letting me know. :no-fin: Its not as strong a spasm as I was getting around 2 - 3 weeks, I am happy to say. I use a muscle relaxer to help me sleep past that, when it happens.

I have more pain above my incision and in the front of my hip and it seems to be more muscular than anything else. I ice it. When I was sent home from the hospital, they included these long, elastic, velcro wraps, to use with my ice bags and they work great for keeping the ice just where I need it, even while I am walking.

Also, it seems my back and SI joints were not thrilled with me walking my dog either. I used some Lidoderm patches, but they are only good for 12 hours.

Putting weight on my leg, hurts a bit more, since walking my dog, but this morning it seems to be easing. I have gone back to using the walker while in the ODIC club.

I can roll, with a pillow between my legs, onto my surgical side, with out any significant pain now! That is my favorite side to sleep, but I have not yet tried to sleep on it. I feel so good about having that ability at this point and look forward to one day sleeping on my favorite side again. Right now I have learned to sleep on the other side.

The front right side of my face and head are still throbbing. A clear sign this is a sinus infection. I hope soon that will be gone.

Meanwhile I hope all my new hip friends are doing well and are continuing to see improvements!
 
ODIC and a Sinus Infection....oh my!
I’m sorry you’re dealing with a double whammy. Hopefully with lots of rest thing's will be looking up by the weekend.
Take care and feel better soon!
@VSlowLife
 
Ugh, a sinus infection? I hope it begins to clear up soon. It sure is reassuring to look up something like that and see other members who've been there and done that. AND survived! :heehee:
I hope you've enjoyed some good naps today.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom