TKR Vickie's Knee Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Vickie's Knee Recovery
[Bonesmart.org] Vickie's Knee Recovery
Vickie can do a full rotation on the bike!!!!!! I know how exciting this is----I was so pumped when I first did it. It's the little things that make life big. And with TKR recovery, it's the little victories that keep us going and boost our spirits! Good for you!

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Vickie's Knee Recovery
 
Judy, Thank you so much! I do feel so happy and grateful. Vickie
 
I actually was able to put my new knee on the shower ledge and shave it today!!! I was so excited hehe :spin: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Vickie! Wow that is so awesome! I'm so glad you were able to make that momentous bike revolution!! And you're increasing your flexion so that's really great!! Congratulations! I'm doing pretty good here. I had PT today so a bit sore but nothing like I used to be, so I'm definitely getting better! Hurray! I'm impressed you walked around the block. I still can't do that! I barely get around in the supermarket and target! But every day is better. Keep it going and keep up the positive attitude!! Huggs!
 
Cathy, Isn't it funny how the small "normal" things make us so happy now? Everyday is getting us back to our regular lives and it is wonderful! Vickie
 
Laura, I was so happy to ride the bike! It's the last exercise that I do before leaving PT. I had just finished with the exercise that is hardest for me. (Feet on the wall and "walking" them down until the knee bends as far as it can). Anyway, I got on the bike, expecting nothing. I was adjusting my earphones to see if the music would get me thru the next 10 minutes when suddenly I realized that I had made a full rotation. I think my knee did it before my brain could say no. I squealed with happiness! Other patients were congratulating me. Bless their hearts. They had all laid there hearing me cry and moan doing the previous exercise! It takes a village to rehabilitate a knee!
 
That is so exciting Vickie! Time to celebrate! What are you up too this weekend? I am laying down with ice freezing lol. It is foggy here again.
Thank you Laura. Now if I could stand on the new knee leg and shave the other one,lol

How are today Susie?
 
I'm also icing and watching tv. I have a feeling that there may be a lot of icing going on all night long....I'm going for my first drive tomorrow. It will be so good to get to run some of my own errands again. Vickie
 
Hi Vickie,
I am watching TV too about to feed the dogs. They want a walk but a walk with me will be a while yet.
Cahty
 
LOL Cathy! I remember that too...in fact, one day I just did it and got so excited in the shower that I did a fist pump! haha! And Vickie...I know the squealing excitement. I'm so happy for you! Those little milestones are what keep us going! :)
 
Your so sweet ty for asking Cathy..today im crying crying crying and then more crying. Everyone is doing so great Im excited for everyone. Im actually shaving both legs now an yur right those things are exciting. I dont know ladies but right now im just back t down and feel like ill never be back to my old self again.
Hope you all sleep well
Susie
 
Awwwwwwe Susie. I'm so sorry you are crying like that. I had it bad too, OMG, just ask my hubby. Let it flow is my suggestion. Tomorrow will be a new day and hopefully you will feel better. Hugggs!
 
Oh Susie. I just saw your post. I am so sorry to hear you were crying. Of course that will be me on Sunday when my son leaves.
I am sure you will make progress! Just shaving the legs is something! Did you ask your doctor if you can go to,PT for ultra sound?
Tomorrow is a new day hugs! :zzz: get,a good,night sleep!,,
Cathy
 
Vickie, slow and steady wins the race! So happy for your accomplishment...you are doing great!:bicycle1: . Get out of the house today and enjoy the beautiful spring weather. :flwrysmile: As you know it is shortlived...soon it will be hot, hot, hot! Just imagine you are walking along beneath the Eiffel Tower in Paris:yes!: ...Sissy
 
Hi Sissy, I am planning on getting out today. The weather is supposed to change again this afternoon so I had better get with it! This morning my knee is stiff again. I know it's going to do that for a while, so I may as well accept it, right? How is your knee feeling today? Vickie
 
Hi Susie, did something happen yesterday in your exercises or was it just one of those days? I've cried so many times, I'm not sure if anything ever brought it on. The doc said that its the meds...... I agree with Laura. Just let the tears flow and get it out. Holding all of that stress in is not good for any of us. Let us know how you are today. Vickie
 
Can you girls actually feel your skin around the knee when you are shaving? My knee is so numb, it's like shaving leather. Vickie
 
Vickie, there are areas around my left knee that are numb or have less feeling than it used to and that surgery was in 2009, so I guess some of the nerves never return to normal. My rt. knee is a little stiff today but as long as I am not up and walking around it doesn't hurt. The pain from swelling comes at night after I have been on it during the day and goes away overnight most of the time. The more acute pain is with each step I take so less is better in my case right now. I have been sitting at the computer this morning shopping at Chico's for cruise clothes, got a couple of must have cutes tops...LOL, so I am happy in mind and body.:giggle:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom