Can you change my title to “When and if I should do MUA”
Well saw my OS yesterday. He feels I do need the MUA. I’m feeling like I do as well. Only because I’m 10 weeks out and my heel slides on my back only get me to about 75 bend. I have not progressed in any way. I was 87 at PT initially a day after surgery. It’s just a block wall that doesn’t want to give. I can slide down a wall to 90. So very weird!
I’m worried about just waiting it out what if I’m one of a few who will never gain? So far everyone’s chart has shown at least slight progression. My leg is much less swollen then it was so shouldn’t something have changed by now just with that, I would think?
I’m getting lymphatic massage literally 4 days a week. Twice at my knee PT. I’m also doing Pelvic PT. Where she does it as well. I get electrical stim 2 days a week and while I’m doing the pelvic PT she puts infrared on my knee.
No one has tried to bend my knee past what is comfortable, haven’t let them. For the last 6 weeks they really just do massage. So I seriously don’t think there’s much more that could be done to help it. Also I ice and elevate though I’m getting a bit tired of it.
They can’t get me in until the 26th. I will be 12 weeks out. Although I can now do a rotation on my recumbent bike at home I can’t do it on the one at PT, which is weird. So some how I can move my hips enough to do it on mine so still showing me I am not a true 90 degrees. But I have been that for sometime with no progression as well.
Weird how the hip can trick you into thinking you have more flexion then you really do
. My uncertainty is I leave August 8-18 for vacation. Should I wait till I return? But they can’t get me in until the 30th of August. That will put me at 16 weeks. Do you think it is safer to do earlier then later?
My idea is it does give my body more time to hopefully increase flexion during that waiting period. But could it be more dangerous that far out? This is all very frustrating and full of uncertainty as to what I should do? I am completely confused. If I had some inkling things are improving I wouldn’t even be thinking of this. I did need the MUA with my other knee 8 years ago but problem is I can’t remember much about it.
Well saw my OS yesterday. He feels I do need the MUA. I’m feeling like I do as well. Only because I’m 10 weeks out and my heel slides on my back only get me to about 75 bend. I have not progressed in any way. I was 87 at PT initially a day after surgery. It’s just a block wall that doesn’t want to give. I can slide down a wall to 90. So very weird!
I’m worried about just waiting it out what if I’m one of a few who will never gain? So far everyone’s chart has shown at least slight progression. My leg is much less swollen then it was so shouldn’t something have changed by now just with that, I would think?
I’m getting lymphatic massage literally 4 days a week. Twice at my knee PT. I’m also doing Pelvic PT. Where she does it as well. I get electrical stim 2 days a week and while I’m doing the pelvic PT she puts infrared on my knee.
No one has tried to bend my knee past what is comfortable, haven’t let them. For the last 6 weeks they really just do massage. So I seriously don’t think there’s much more that could be done to help it. Also I ice and elevate though I’m getting a bit tired of it.
They can’t get me in until the 26th. I will be 12 weeks out. Although I can now do a rotation on my recumbent bike at home I can’t do it on the one at PT, which is weird. So some how I can move my hips enough to do it on mine so still showing me I am not a true 90 degrees. But I have been that for sometime with no progression as well.
Weird how the hip can trick you into thinking you have more flexion then you really do
. My uncertainty is I leave August 8-18 for vacation. Should I wait till I return? But they can’t get me in until the 30th of August. That will put me at 16 weeks. Do you think it is safer to do earlier then later?My idea is it does give my body more time to hopefully increase flexion during that waiting period. But could it be more dangerous that far out? This is all very frustrating and full of uncertainty as to what I should do? I am completely confused. If I had some inkling things are improving I wouldn’t even be thinking of this. I did need the MUA with my other knee 8 years ago but problem is I can’t remember much about it.
United States
. I finally was able to locate my old posts from my first TKR. Wow, 8 years ago I sure forgot a whole lot of what went on back then. I actually had better flexion with it but apparently my gait was very off! The MUA was done at 5 weeks because if I waited any longer I would have had more deductible to pay. Other then a few issues that I haven’t experienced with this one I really was doing ok until after the MUA. Took months to recover. I’ve now decided I will schedule it at 16 weeks but don’t think I really plan to go through with it unless my flexion doesn’t increase at all by then.


But then last night I read my past messages on my other knee and after what I wrote after that MUA, I’m now leaning toward not doing that again
. So maybe that was the answer to prayer I needed to smack some sense into my head, lol.
slight progress but I’m excited. Now I’m not scheduled for the MUA until Sept. 1. I see them August 26 to see if it’s still needed.
. I’m pretty confident I will have enough improvement to cancel it.
