Guest viewing is limited

THR Two Years Post THR and Life is Great!

@sunbunny - it won't be long until you are back in the pool doing aquafit with your girlfriends and you have your new grand baby to look forward to. Think of the good days ahead!
 
@Granny Di thank you, you are so right! Just having a moment or two. Husband knocked over my tea all over the floor...that was not a happy moment. So glad it was not me. I think I let the pain get ahead of me too. All this shall pass. Thank you for the encouragement. Nurse at Doctor's office almost did a happy dance when she saw I had no zippers. X-ray lady said I was her only non screamer of the day. So I guess all in all not too bad of a day. Hugs
 
@sunbunny -So you are a non-screamer ! :rotfl: Way to go. I can remember tears when I had my first X-ray after getting back from my big hike. Thanks for the morning laugh.
 
@Granny Di oh you made me laugh this morning. I guess you can read several meanings into the screaming thing. Lol. Some of the positions did give thought of dislocation but she was very nice. Still talking about X-rays. Lol. Happy Mother's Day.
 
I can't wait to be able to squat and do stuff and be in a regular pool.

Reading your post give me encouragement and laughs. Lol olny hike I do is around my house pt steps. Get wore out.




FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Granny Di - at my six week check up last week, I had an X-ray and the surgeon pointed out that she also put in two screws to hold it in place as I had the uncemented replacement. I should have asked if that was usual but didn't. I will ask her next time I see her because I am curious if she puts in screws on all her uncemented procedures or if I needed them for some reason.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Granny Di i am so impressed with your recovery. I have been given three more weeks of in home PT. she adds new exercises each time. I can now do the old ones easily so progress in hand. I need to start a list of questions now for my six week check up. Hugs
 
Use of screws is very common, so please don't worry about it. But, by all means, ask your surgeon to explain all of it to you. Understanding exactly what was done helps you love your hip even more! That new joint is a gift to your body that you'll enjoy for a very long time.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Two Years Post THR and Life is Great!
@Granny Di, You may notice that I have merged your two threads. We like to keep our members' recovery posts all in a single thread. That way it's easy for us to go back and read your history before responding to a question or concern. In addition, the thread becomes a journal of your recovery for those who come along later and want to read about you. So, please post in this thread from now on when you want to give an update or ask a question. If you have questions or concerns that need an immediate answer, please tag an admin, a mod, or other members or all three.

If you are having a problem locating your thread, here is a link with how to do it: How can I find my threads and posts?
 
I had the longest walk so far on the flat trail behind our house we call the Poop Path because everyone walks their dogs there. 2.6 kms and I concentrated on good posture and walking without limping. We have bears, moose and lynx in this forest but rarely see them. I actually have less pain and feel less stiff than before the walk.
 
OMG! I am laughing so hard here....poop trail! Love it.
Just reading about the X-rays is making me cringe. That table is darn hard on top of everything.

Keep up the good work!
 
@webbie73 X-ray was not too bad. I guess it all depends on your tech! It was all the walking to and fro that wore me out. @Granny Di i don't have a poop trail but I did two extra laps around the house in your honor. Well...unless you count the occasional cat deposit left by psycho cat who can't get use to all the changes. Hugs
 
Damn fine distance @Granny Di ! Isn't it brilliant to be getting out and about (poopy places or anywhere) - I took my dog and her friend for a walk this morning and we all loved it. No maneaters/tramplers about like your route though - that would keep you on your toes! :)
 
Hi Hippies,
I upped the distance today so I could meet up with my hiking buddies that I really miss. I managed 2.8 kms on a hilly trail so I am resting now and couldn't do all my physio exercises but that's okay as I needed the socializing and the cardio. I was puffing on those hills which were nothing last fall. Good thing was my lower back didn't tighten up maybe because of the hills. Anyway it was great to get out with the gang!
 
I managed to Nordic walk 3 kms in 37 minutes this morning. I may sound like I am bragging but I really just want to record my recovery. Okay maybe a bit of a brag but it was tough! :walking: I walked the first half with my girlfriends who were going at a good pace, then I turned around and walked back at a more comfortable pace. My old dog was sure happy! It was sandy and flat but still I am icing now.
One problem I have that is really bugging me is tinnitus that I believe I got from taking Arthrotec last year. I quit taking it when I realized it was causing this buzzing but it hasn't gone away. I'm searching for a solution but I don't want a drug solution.
Cheers!
 
Brag away @Granny Di - how great to get going so fast! Apart from your buzzing things are going really well for you, so pleased. Your dog must be delighted - I know my wee fluffy one is happy about the few little walks I have taken her on so far - and from Saturday, I am re-starting my daily early walks with her and her friend Bella - and I will have your achievements in mind to work towards. Thank you!
:dogwalk::dogwalk:
 
@Great Aunt Janet - You go girl! The dogs are so happy to see us mobile again.
I wish the buzzing was all I had to bother me but I do have problems I am working on. I am trying to pretend they are not there and hoping they will go away. My Physio has me "mobilizing" my saphenous nerve which she thinks is causing the numbness in my lower leg. My knee is so tight! My back is a mess after years of favouring the bad bad hip and tightens up when I walk. In fact the doctor suggested I should have back surgery first! I said no way! The ROM in my op hip is poor and my "good" hip hurts when I walk. But every day I get a little bit better and a little bit stronger and I am so thankful I can get out and enjoy the sunshine. The way I look at it is I only have a few good years left so what's a little discomfort? I think I have a high pain threshold. :thud:
Have a good night!
 
@Granny Di who measures your ROM on your hip? Be careful with your back. Knees too. Yikes! I am not sure where your leg numbness and knee pain stems from but mine in my right leg came from my L5 disc. Back injections have helped but I have to be careful because it is way yo have the back raise it's ugly pain. Take care!
 
Back
Top Bottom