THR Two Years Post THR and Life is Great!

Hi @Granny Di
Hope things are easing a bit as you relax and heal..:console2:
It is hard not to get impatient and anxious these first postop weeks....
All temporary and by next year you will be back to your active life.
Hope today is a Good Day.:flwrysmile:
 
Hi @Granny Di I just read your post and realise you have you've had your op. Sorry you had a bad day. I hope it's better now. I wish you a great recovery.

And: yes, Covid has been had on the kids here, too. In Germany, but also in Holland, Austria, and for instance Czechia, well in many European countries, there is a very severe fourth wave now, and the new German government is discussing a possible vaccination mandate against Covid. I've had my booster vaccination and had no side effects at all. I still go running, cycling, and swimming - pools are open here for vaccinated people. Most Christmas markets got closed because of Covid - what a shame. But one local Christmas market should be open - in Wiesbaden. It's actually called "Sternschnuppenmarkt" that's shooting star market in English. It has got its name from its beautiful lights. Here are some pictures . All the best to yo and your family. Constanze
[Bonesmart.org] Two Years Post THR and Life is Great!
[Bonesmart.org] Two Years Post THR and Life is Great!
[Bonesmart.org] Two Years Post THR and Life is Great!
 
Merry Christmas! Beautiful light show you have shared!
I am still having pain and I want to be walking! I am anxious to get out and about -overanxious - so today I walked about 2 kms in 40 minutes. Hurt a lot! So obviously I am not ready for walking just yet. I had decreased the pain meds to see if I could but no. It still hurts a lot!
I am starting my 7th week and I can walk normally so the muscles are working well but there is too much pain.
Well have a peaceful and Ovid free Christmas!
Diane
 
Hi @Granny Di!

I had my 2nd THR on Nov. 2 so we are right about the same time.

Gosh, the fact that you can walk 2 km at all is great! I'm not quite there, but working up to it. I know it's hard to be patient. Me too! Or, at the least, I want a crystal ball to know when I will be able to do some things!

Keep posting, as I am interested in your progress.
 
Hi @Granny Di,
I am sorry you’re still struggling with pain. I am wondering if you have a post op visit with your surgeon scheduled anytime soon since you mentioned your pain hurts a lot. If not, consider a call to his / her office to talk to a member of your surgeon’s care team, describing your pain, the location, the level of the pain and how often it occurs. They may be able to advise, or have you schedule a visit with your surgeon. I hope it eases soon.
A very merry Christmas to you! :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
 
Hi @Granny Di , Thanks for your update. It's fantastic that you walked 2 km. I hope the pain has subsided. I also wish you a wonderful peaceful and Covid-free Christmas! I will celebrate it with my family this year, which is now larger than ever. The 2 grand-kids will be around as well. Enjoy!
All the best
Constanze
 
Hi Granny Di, I am at a similar stage to you having had my RTHR on 13th November so I'm just on 6 weeks, and about the same age (I'm 74). I totally sympathise with you regarding the lingering pain. Like you I am normally a very active person, I have 5 grandchildren and live alone so I do whatevers required for myself with just a little help from my daughters. I can also walk a fair distance maybe a mile, but the pain is quite noticeable following any activity its what I would describe as painful aching I have resorted to taking pain killers again here and there which this forum suggested to make mobility more comfortable. Wouldn't it be a great Xmas present to wake up without any pain! I suspect it will take a few more weeks of being patient. My checkup is on 29th Dec, (I live in UK and we don't get much help once discharged from hosp). Good luck with your recovery and here's to a pain free new year!
 
This is a maddeningly tempting and frustrating part of your recovery. You can taste free walking without an assistive device and without pain. But they're not there yet.

So frustrating. I was there like you are ... I finally came off the cane in Week 8 or week 9 ... and I remember thinking I'd be off cane by week 6 at the latest.

Well looking back, I love my hip. So what that it took longer for me to walk freely than apparently some other people? My hip is fantastic now, allows me to dance, run, lift weights, walk and bike--without pain.

So as hard as this moment is ... just remind yourself of how much your body has already healed ... you don't have to force things ... you don't even have to test your hip and walking ability ... You'll naturally just find yourself walking without pain ... It'll come ...

Are you using a cane? Keep using it if you are. The cane won't hold back progress. You'll gradually and unconsciously rely on it less and less (even while using it!) as your body heals. I used the cane and then for ten strides I would walk without the cane ... and then back to the cane ... over time ... my no-cane time increased ...

But I get how frustrating this period is right here.
 
Thanks for sending such a supportive message I realise this is Granny Di's thread so I hope she can take comfort from your words too.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom