Guest viewing is limited

TKR Two New Knees and Hot to Trot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Toni,

I am amazed at the 24 hour turnaround! :happydance: I am glad that you are icing and elevating though! Life is much better when pain is absent. Pain meds are great aren't they! Just don't let them give you a false sense of security, and all of the sudden we see you posting as "Superwoman!" :heehee:
 
Toni this is amazing! Did you have the same technique as with your first knee? What is making the recovery so much better? Keep us posted!
 
Hi Brownie51!! Yes, I had the same surgeon, implant, and bone cutting technique done!! This time It was a bit better because I didn't wait and let this knee deteriorate like I did with the first one.

I had a terrible time with the first one for the first week or so. This one I could lift it and do leg raises right off the bat. Now I have to be honest and say that this one I have lots of bruising around the knee, and today I have some very bad swelling. It even hurts to elevate it.

But, I know that it will all get better with time, so I'm not worried. Just following the mantra to the letter and looking forward to the light at the end of the recovery tunnel!!
 
Toni I am so happy for you! Do you wish you had stayed in the hospital tonight and gone home tomorrow or are you glad to be home? I hope tonight you sleep well. I remember that swelling and the bruising that ends up on the foot/heel ankle. Does your ankle hurt from the clamp they stick it in?
 
To tell the truth, I wouldn't have minded staying in for the extra day. The drive home was terribly uncomfortable, getting up the stairs to my large porch went fine, but I have probably taxed the newly traumatized knee too much with just getting home.

My knee and thigh are so swollen they are rock hard, and right now I can't even bend it al all! Right now even elevating and icing are terribly painful.

Oh, we'll, nothing that time and relaxing won't take care of.
 
Titianlady, That what I was so concerned about but you do have to admit there is no place like home. You are right now its icing and patience. Please take care and keep us informed how you are doing. Tashia
 
Hello Titianlady Toni seems like we are both being sprung early, ha they need the beds! So we will be at home today aaaaah cant wait we well done you!!!! 5 gold stars hugs ((( )))
 
Toni,
How are you. I can,t believe we are on. The other side. May you continue to improve everyday and know that I am
Thinking of you. Rice, elevate, pain meds. On time. Those warriors are going to forget everything we taught them......
Hugs,
Diana
 
Welcome home!
 
Josephine bottomshollow is there anything much more than icing and elevation with proper pillow arrangement (knee 6" higher than heart) to do about that awful early swelling? Any other tricks for Toni? She should just do the gentle exercises now and not push the bend so much right?
 
Just called my surgeon.. Over night my entire leg has swollen up and is rock hard with swelling. I went from being able to bend it to 90 degrees to not being able to bend it an inch. It swollen almost twice the size and it feels like its going to explode and split open.

OS told me to stay laying down with the leg elevated almost straight up and it may take a few days for the swelling to subside.
Even elevating is painful.
 
Om my Toni, I can't believe you went home so soon! I'm sorry to hear that you are having a terrible time with swelling! Maybe you might want to give you GP a call and see if he/she has any words of wisdom to help bring that down. Did they give you compression stockings when you left the hospital? Are you doing and foot pumps, you know like you're stepping on the gas peddle?, because this helps the blood circulation. I hope it gets better soon, so you can get more comfortable. (((((HUGS)))))
 
Titianlady my knee is the size of a football and so swollen its mad. today im taking anti inflamatory ibuprophen and icing my knee while elevated. also im using the wheelchair to wizz around in, so im not tempted to over do it. Hope you feel 100% better tommorrow. just stay in bed, you have lots of time to catch up. thinking of you ( hugs)
 
Toni, I am so sorry about the leg. Please keep us informed on how you are doing. Tashia
 
Toni,
How are you. I can,t believe we are on. The other side. May you continue to improve everyday and know that I am
Thinking of you. Rice, elevate, pain meds. On time. Those warriors are going to forget everything we taught them......
Hugs,
Diana
Actually,

No, they won't! I have been thinking of ALL of you, and have graciously kept the warriors and cowboys at my house! They even travel with my hubby and I to the cabin on weekends! I explained that I was just keeping them "busy" :happydance: until all of you finish recovering, and then I will (maybe) :whistle: send them on their way! :rotfl:
 
Seriously though Toni,

Please follow dr's orders, but if you don't see improvement soon or you start running a fever, have junk that is foul smelling start coming out of the incision and headaches, call him immediately! No waiting to see anymore.

I am not sure why your whole leg has turned rock hard, but icing and elevating will help. Please take care of yourself, and we will be here to cheer you on! :happydance:
 
So. It was YOU, RestAssured, who smashed up my garage padlock and did a runner with The Lads. At least they took the pamphlets with them so perhaps they will keep up their studies... look after them please, they are easily upset. I hate to think of them reverting to type. By the way, they are looking forward to being bought suits, shirts, shoes, Y-Fronts...(large)
 
Toni, sorry to hear you're having a hard time with the swelling. Don't be impatient like me, remember that resting is actually very valuable healing time, and the more the better. Also, as you have heard, a certain person who shall be nameless has acquired The Lads for her own purposes, but I'm very sure that they include you in their chanting every night...
 
Toni, Hows the knee, I hope its better today when you wake up. Take care my friend. tashia
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom