TKR Two New Knees and Hot to Trot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toni's husband called me before noon and she was in the recovery room and will be moved to her room sometime this afternoon. She did great. I don't know if she is hurting but I do know she is on the right side now so she can recovery. If I find out more I will post for her. Everyone do take care. Tashia
 
Toni just called and she is in her room. She is doing excellent. A little uncorable but can be handled. The doctor gave her deloted. I don't know how to spell it but its doing an unblieveable job. The nurse checked her knee and she has already a excellant bend. its at 90 and extention is at 0. So she is doing GREAT. She sounded very good and very alert. She will be going home Sunday. Everyone take care.
 
Always nice to hear good news from this side of things. We are happy for you that the worst is over and now you can recover.
 
Hey Titianlady, my june 14 bonebuddy hope things went well today im through!
Hope you have your shiny new knee. Waiting for the pain meds to kick in here. Started my post op thread from my phone :) nighty night to you im 8 hours ahead here in Italy.
 
I'm so happy to hear you're doing well. :kittykiss:I'll check on you in the morning. Oh by the way, You and RestAssured need to read what Jo is doing with the warriors! :yikes: We have to stop him. :cry:
 
I GOT WIFI!!!!!! I found out just a few minutes ago that they hooked up WIFI here just a couple of months ago!! My nurse gave me an access code and here I am!!!!!

Surgery went great!! NO horrible pain like last time at all!!!! I wokein Recovery, they had good meds on board, and right now I feel NO PAIN at all!!!

I can lift my leg, get in an out of bed by myself, straight leg raises, and my ROM a few hours out of surgery was 90 (therapist said probably more cause my knee is wrapped like a Christmas goose) and extension 0.

The OS said if I feel this good tomorrow I can go home!!! I feel so good that I think I will be out of here tomorrow morning!!
 
Hay thats the way to go now do remember you have had a major hit. Do take a easy and rest. Ice, rest, elevate and pain as needed. Please take care and don't over due it. Love ya Tashia
 
Toni, that's terrific! Dilaudid (hydromorphone, I think)is great stuff. I have something similar, Opana (12-hr oxymorphone) plus whatever else I need for breakthrough. Did you get a nerve block or the pain buster ball? Keeping you pain-free for as long as possible is the key to giving you the confidence to be up and about sooner. Don't get discouraged if the pain blocks wear off--you know your new knees are strong and can handle what's expected of them. Patience and the knowledge that we're here for you are the keys to recovery.
 
Well done Toni, I'm thrilled everything is going so well for you. Take it easy - I know you're Hot to Trot, but just for the moment ice and elevate please!!! Take care. Jenny :puppysmooze:
 
Toni, excellent advice from everyone! I was anxious to get up an running so to speak, and (if you can believe it) :heehee: made a "few" unfortunate mistakes along the way! Please remember, "YOU may be Hot to Trot", but your knee is in the "I feel like TAKING IT EASY while I am healing mode!" That way the "two" of you can co-exist quite nicely! :wink:
 
Toni just called and she is home. Her leg is swollen and a little sore. She made the trip in no time and is now icing and taken easy. She is doing so much better than she did with the other leg. In a couple of days she will start PT. the PT is the same one she had before so she is vey happy about it. After her nap I'm sure she will start posting from home. Everyone do take care and stay safe from the crazy weather. Tashia
 
Stay safe from the weather? :heehee: California barely has any weather, its pretty much the same all the time. When it does rain here, there are accidents on every freeway because we don't know how to drive well in the rain. :whistle:
 
Toni, that's terrific! Dilaudid (hydromorphone, I think)is great stuff. I have something similar, Opana (12-hr oxymorphone) plus whatever else I need for breakthrough. Did you get a nerve block or the pain buster ball? Keeping you pain-free for as long as possible is the key to giving you the confidence to be up and about sooner. Don't get discouraged if the pain blocks wear off--you know your new knees are strong and can handle what's expected of them. Patience and the knowledge that we're here for you are the keys to recovery.

No, I had just general anesthesia..no blocks of any kind. I woke up in recovery with some pain, but NOTHING like with my first knee. In fact this time I only spent 24 hours in the hospital!!

I had 90 plus degrees flex, and 0 extension, no feve, felt good, so the Dr let me come home.
 
You're home!!! :flwrysmile: Wow that's fast. :) I'm just checking to see how you are doing so don't feel you have to reply. Rest now,chat later.:sleep:
 
Hi My way! How are you feeling ladybug?!! Yup, they let me come home in 24 hours. So now I'm resting, icing and elevating, taking my pain meds, and watching TV and napping. I'm pretty tired of course, but feel pretty good actually.

I do have a lot of swelling, but thwt will resolve with time. I'll try and post as well as I can. The Oxy is making me a bit cross-eyed when I look at the screen.
 
Getting sprung in 24 hours would make my eyes unstable! They'd be spinning around like slot machines! :thud: Enough! Good night. :friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom