Guest viewing is limited

THR Two down, none to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on why, 5 weeks post op, I am having stomach and bowel problems. Tummy pain is not bad, just enough for me to be aware of it. Bowels not back to normal, never had constipation, but the opposite and still have it! Next week is my 6 week post op appointment so I will mention to the surgeon then. Only taking the occasional Tylenol (2 - 500mg) for pain. Other than that, synthroid for my hypothyroidism and tomorrow will be taking my last Xarelto, which were prescribed for 32 days post op. Could it possibly be the Xarelto?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It could be I had same at end of my course. It may be a bug. If it continues check it out with big medicine man. Oooer I'm going native..

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
 
Could it possibly be the Xarelto?
I had major stomach and gut issues with Xarelto. Also made me light headed to the point of passing out. It seemed to build up in my system. It's now on my list of "do not take" drugs. I predict you problems go away if you stop taking this. I ended up throwing away my last dose.
 
Thanks @Legin and @Jaycey! I took my last one yesterday (Yahoo) so we will see what happens. So many milestones! Last blood thinner. No more toilet riser (as of 2 weeks ago). No more walker (also about 2 weeks ago). Cane only (no hubby's arm). Hardly any painkillers (except a Tylenol now and then). Next on the list will be giving back the recliner I rented and sleeping in my bed. I tried last weekend and was so uncomfortable due to softness of bed. No trouble getting in or out, just being in! Sore back, couldn't sleep. Still sleeping on back until 6 week post op appointment next Thursday the 19th. Recliner goes back next week, so I will have to deal.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sounds like you are doing great @DebraR , lots of milestones there! Happy to hear your recovery is progressing so well and I hope the stomach issues are soon behind you as well.
 
@Hipstergirl I, coincidentally, was reading your thread today and found out that you are a double hippy too! How goes it? Hope you are progressing well.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Whoooot look at you, go girl. Has the tummy settled down now

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@DebraR let us know if going off the Xarelto works for you. No one would believe me when I suggested my stomach and dizzy problems were a reaction to this medication. But if you read the patient leaflet these are on a very long list of side effects from this drug.
 
@Legin and @Jaycey
I will let you know for sure in a couple of days, but the bowel symptoms seem to have done a complete 360 as now I seem to be constipated! After one day off Xarelto. I don't want to say for sure yet, I'll let you know how it goes over the next couple of days. I read the side effects too and agree that these symptoms are listed. Watch this space.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I want to go and get my annual flu shot-just want to be sure it's ok so soon after THR?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Can't answer flu thing and as for watch this spave, the runs, constipation errrrrr you can just, tell me .

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin you're a riot! Hope you are doing well?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I want to go and get my annual flu shot-just want to be sure it's ok so soon after THR?
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
It should be fine to get your flu shot. I was offered a flu shot both in the hospital and at the rehab facility in the days following my surgery.
 
True story when I was running a unit for teens in the eighties they were to get their first ever flu jab. As all big men they were petrified. So I asked Dr to do me in front of them to see its OK. So weeee smart all done, so I thought Dr says errrrrr needle has broken in you HV to go to hospital. At that the biggest and toughest teen promptly fainted...

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Oh there are many many more never mind cats nine lives sheeesh that figure plus plus.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin that's funny, but not! I've never heard of that happening! You must have been mortified! How did they get it out? Yes, the bigger they are, the harder they fall!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks@Jaycey I will book my appointment for flu shot!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom