Guest viewing is limited

THR Two down, none to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DebraR when I read 'ankle weights' bells & whistles went off in my head! Right now you are healing. You should follow your doctors 'protocol' that you received when you were discharged. Your PT should have a copy. It tells you specifically what exercises you should be doing at what weeks. If you injure yourself... Oh you can read any thread here with many weeks and even months of setbacks. At 4-6 weeks it was wonderful to feel the healing process with less swelling and more range of motion. I still maintained my easy doctors regimen and I am soooo glad I did. Now I'm able to visit my son and family and go up And down stairs painfree. Only you will know if you did too much. You have adjusted already!
 
@wcgirl thanks for your reply. My surgeon did not give my PT any exercises, the PT has been giving me the exercises. I don't understand why my knee is hurting (it's actually right below my knee) and sometimes going up into my thigh or into my shin. I did not hurt it in any way, but folks here have said its from doing too much, too soon. Ok, I guess I can understand and accept that, but what exactly could I have done? Irritated a tendon or ligament? I don't understand what the problem could be. Should I just wait it out and take it easy? should I go and see someone, maybe an osteopath? I guess I should just take it easy, but how long should I do that before it's appropriate to seek medical advice?
 
@DebraR sorry to hear about your pain issues. I can only relate to hip. I think it might be time for you to call your surgeons office and ask for the protocol which should be with your discharge paperwork and get answers to you questions. Dont forget to read all the good info that is presented to you here especially info on recovery timetable and @Poppet nuitritional information. Take care! :sleeep:
 
@DebraR How are you feeling now ? I hope your knee pain has settled down after a few days of rest.It is so easy to overdo activity in these early weeks most of us have done it and paid the price of extra pain.
 
@wcgirl and @Kim22 my knee has finally seemed to have settled down! I will see how it is tomorrow as I did a lot today as my only child moved out of our house and into his own home, so helped him out quite a bit. Thanks for all your great advice.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Not even sure it's my knee at this point! Got a very strong sudden pain yesterday while just standing. Goes away as quickly as it comes. My PT is coming tomorrow so she will give me some advice. Left leg is fine.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @DebraR I am glad that your knee pain has settled and I hope this new pain also goes away too.You probably did a bit too much helping your son with his house move over the weekend so a few more days of taking it easier is probably called for now.I ended up with psoas tendinitis after my first hip and my husband is acutely aware of the risk of me overdoing things this time so he has taken on the role of the activity police until I have healed.I hope your son has settled in to his new home this is a big step for him and for you of course.Let me know what your physios opinion is.I must admit that these healing pains keep moving around.
 
Right leg is the one that I had nerve pain shooting up and down the inside of the leg. There is a little bit of nerve activity that I can feel sometimes on my lower leg where the pain seems to originate.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I see do you have an appointment to get the right leg checked out ?
 
@Kim22 My son is all settled and very happy!! Until the bills start rolling in...haha! Yes, I did overdo for sure. PT gave me some different exercises to do and stretches. She thinks it may be soft tissue. I am not very limber yet (very tight) so that may be causing problems. I am going to see an osteopath tomorrow so will see what he thinks. While PT was here, she supervised me while I got on the elliptical and I did 5 minutes with no grade and no resistance!! It was great! I will let you know how it goes with the osteopath tomorrow.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So saw the osteopath yesterday. He thinks the pain on my shin below my knee is originating from my diaphragm. He said it is a little twisted (probably a postural thing) which causes everything else to be misaligned. He gave me a treatment and I am amazed how much better it feels already! Did not get the sharp shooting pain yesterday after the treatment or today. Not completely better but feels freer. He said 5-7 treatments depending on how quickly I respond. I'll keep everyone posted! Fingers crossed!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Great news @DebraR I am so pleased that your treatment has helped you already.Keep us updated
 
That's wonderful news. I have considered going to an osteopath but there is a two year waiting list for the only one living here. Are there many in Montreal? I have heard good things about osteopaths.
Best wishes!
 
@ Granny Di yes there are many in Montreal. I was recommended to this one from my auto repair guy, who had a horrible car accident in his teens and said that this guy worked miracles for him!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Pain came back. Next appointment is this Tuesday. I know other people have had worse experiences, but it is so very disappointing. I can't do much as I never know when the pain will come! Two operations later and now this. Trying to keep positive but really, really difficult to do. Will keep up the osteopath appointments and see where it goes.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well healing takes time -unfortunately. Staying positive is difficult after so much pain but I will be sending positive thoughts your way. I had burning pain in my lower leg before surgery and I corrected my posture and it went away.
Thank goodness! It was like someone had a blowtorch on my shin. I sure hope you get rid of the pain soon.
Diane
 
Debra we are still very early in this recovery process and as @Granny Di says healing takes time.The biggest favour you can give to yourself right now is to listen to your hip and to rest if you are in pain and not to overdo things ( easier said than done I know) I am a week ahead of you and still have pain in the thigh and knee from time to time but I know from being on this forum for so long that this is not uncommon at 10 weeks.I am hoping that lots patience at this stage will pay dividends later on and I am positive that 2016 will be a much better year.Your osteopath seemed to sort you out last week and I hope he can help you again this week.Thinking of you.
 
Thanks @Granny Di and @Kim22, what worries me is that the pain is on the leg of the hip that was done in March. The one done in October is doing great! So discouraging!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom