Bilateral THR Twice as Nice - JennyLynne's recovery

Great news on making it to your son's game. I can imagine how tired you were!
Bye-bye grays. Mood booster for sure.
Have a good one, Jenny.
@JennyLynne

Look at you, @JennyLynne Out to baseball games, getting your hair done! Well done you! Well done! :wow:

Hair appt went just fine and I feel so good!

However... came home to find hubs in the beginning state of what looks to be a nasty stomach virus. It’s gone downhill from there. I’ve tried to wipe down what I can but I am FREAKING OUT that my son and I will get this. Not something I can handle well right now.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Oh no @JennyLynne! That’s the worst. My daughter threw up in bed three nights ago and I thought for sure the rest of us were in for it. So far we’ve been lucky. I hope you and your son stay well!

Oh boy!! This is the last thing you need in the house right now. Find him an Airnb and kick him the heck out!! LOL Obviously joking, you poor girl and hubby. I truly hope he is feeling better fast and you and the little guy don't get it. All you can really do is be diligent about washing hands. I felt a bit nauseous the other day and was freaked out at the thought of having to lean over the toilet. I quickly decided if it happened I would aim for the sink at best. My 2 year old grandson and daughter are just coming out of hand, foot & mouth. Horrendous illness I have never seen before. Sadly they were on holiday when it first hit.
Happy to hear your hair appointment went smoothly. It's lovely to have a stylist you can trust. My sister was a hair stylist until arthritis stopped her and it was awesome to have someone know my hair that well.
You obviously consider yourself very lucky to have your beautiful son. My last two pregnancies were quite precarious with the last one having me on strict bedrest for 10 weeks after my water broke at 20 weeks. I feel like he is my miracle and he's the one home helping me now :friends:

Hope the bugs go very quickly. So happy you made it to your sons game. That is huge!!

@Carriemay60 my son was a scientific experiment after years of problems, and then I ended up on bedrest from weeks 20-36, so I definitely can relate! And after all that, I was “one and done”! Grateful for what we have, everyday!

I was thinking about the toilet thing too. I was deciding between sink and garbage can. Gotta be prepared, I guess! Fingers and toes crossed that I don’t need either!!

Last night really tested me. Hubs took care of himself for the most part, but my 7 yr old exhausted me! He was outside playing with neighbor kids most of the night, but constantly popping in for something or asking me to get him something. Or, I just hear too much racket and couldn’t keep myself from going outside to see what was up. I was cashed at the end of the night.

And guess what I woke up to.... I caught the stomach bug too! [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

So far my son is spared but it’s been really tough today, trying to do what he needs. He’s sweet and such a helper, but I still have to make his meals and such.

Hoping hubs starts to feel better so I can tag out.

That’s awful @JennyLynne. I really feel for you. It’s so hard having to meet the needs of a child after surgery, but doing it with the stomach flu?? I can’t even imagine. You are definitely a trooper. Hope you feel better soon.

Oh my stars...quick trips to the bathroom aren't ideal for new double hippys:sad:
I do hope this gets resolved soon.
The last time my hubby came down with a tummy bug, he almost died of Lysol inhalation. :heehee:

Just came across this following a random search so I thought I'd ask. When you do go to the salon how should they wash your hair and is there any advice/info I should give because I don't think my stylist has experience with thr and I've had her do my hair for 10 years so wouldn't even consider elsewhere. Also how much weight do most people gain? It might seem vain but I'm worried about too much weight gain because 5 years ago I was double my size and in order to help both pain management and knowing I would be having this surgery, I needed to lose weight so obviously I don't want to gain too much as it was so difficult to lose

@JennyLynne apologies if my last post seemed uncaring. I had done a search and it took me to some of your posts, which I forgot weren't the most recent, so my question seemed uncaring so apologies. Hope you are feeling better and the bug is gone soon. :catbutterfly:

Hope the bug is on its way out of your house, never to return! :sick:

@JennyLynne I hope you are feeling better today. I have visions of your little guy having to care for 2 adults down with stomach flu.

@ChrissyW I don't think there is any average weight gain; some even loose weight. You will soon be more active with a little bit more walking. Until you get there try to snack smart with veggies prepared ahead and easy to grab. For the hairdresser, just warn her and if possible get the end shampoo chair so you can have your legs out in front of you without tripping someone. The leaning back part didn't feel uncomfortable to me at all.

Doing better today but zero energy.
Little guy is at school... hoping he was spared this!

Interestingly, this bug lead me to try side sleeping at last. I just so desperately wanted to curl up into a ball,so I did. My hip didn’t hurt but eventually my knee (the one along the bed) was throbbing. I wasn’t expecting that. Happened each time after a while. But, it was nice for the period before it!

@ChrissyW no worries, and I appreciate your well wishes. Getting my hair done was more comfortable now than before my surgery! Especially during the washing. For some reason that position really aches pre-op. The biggest challenge this weekend was being extra careful getting in and out of the chairs and navigating the salon.

As for weight gain.. it’s so specific to the person. With my TKR, I lost about 10 lbs. With this surgery, I haven’t gained or lost.

Glad to hear you are doing better @JennyLynne and sure hope your son doesn't get it, that would be terrible for all of you! Hopefully just a 24 hour bug! :flwrysmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
ND522
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom