Bilateral THR Twice as Nice - JennyLynne's recovery

I AM SO TIRED!
Today has really pushed me to my limit. This cold is so bad, I can’t breath out of my nose and my eyes are watering nonstop.

I went to a work lunch. No big deal except the handicap spots were full and I had to park far away. Then I had to get my kid at school (walk through a good part of the building to sign him out from after-care).
Fortunately he’s playing outside with neighbors now. I’ll get him shortly for a shower and bed time. In the meantime, I need to make his lunch and get his stuff ready for school.

Waaaaah waaaah waaaah
Can’t wait to get in bed with some big ice pack!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You poor girl - obviously too much too soon but not a lot you could have done differently. I'm crossing my fingers that a good play outside makes for an easy bedtime so you can get yourself settled in bed quickly.
Is your husband home tomorrow night?
 
Ahhhh... made it to bed!

My son is the best little helper! He came in right when I called and he brought ice packs upstairs and wrapped them in towels for me. Made me want to cry, he’s so sweet sometimes.

My husband will be home tomorrow afternoon and undoubtedly a mess since they are staying at a casino resort. Oh well... buck up, buddy! [emoji23]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Amazingly, I’m feeling pretty good today. This cold is still raging but my lower half seems to have recovered from yesterday just fine.

Going to take my son to school soon, then sit in on a conference call while laying on my beloved ice packs.

Not much planned for the holiday weekend - weather forecast is awful! Was hoping for pool weather. I can’t swim yet but I sure can sit in the shade with a cocktail and watch the action. Fingers crossed we get a little window of dry weather!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Phew you have had a few days of it... glad you’ve come through relatively unscathed...
I love how your son helps you... what a poppet!
You sound like Superwoman... defeating bugs, cold & pain...
Hope your holiday weekend is calmer & hubby not too inebriated!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
That is so sweet that your little guy was eager to help you get settled. Of course as a mother of 5, I know it's possible it was him trying to stay up a bit later :rotfl: They do love to help though, helps them feel some responsibility and self worth. You are lucky to live on a street where he can play outside - so many kids don't have that luxury anymore.
 
I hope you have a nice holiday weekend, Jenny.
Maybe some grilling and hopefully warm sunny days in your neck of the woods.
It would be nice to sit out in the fresh air and let the sun bake on you with your cold.
You've had a rough week. I hope your weekend is peaceful and relaxing.
If not, you can always take off and go somewhere for a nap in your car :rotfl: That story still cracks me up!
@JennyLynne
 
Oh man @Layla "Mr. Jenny" is going to be in the doghouse for that all over again!!
:giggle:

Good house choice Jenny, we had a street like that when the 2 youngest were about the same age. The kids all had about 20 mothers watching over them!
I too am pretty bummed with our weather forecast this weekend; was hoping to supervise some flower planting :nah:
 
@Carriemay60 we are going to do the big flower pots this weekend, since we can do in the garage... though the garden center will be a wet mess for sure!
 
We are not bad right now so my son is out doing some mulching prep. Tomorrow is supposed to be huge storms but then Sunday & Monday nice. Fingers crossed that's right and we can get some stuff done.
 
Wow @JennyLynne I sure have missed at lot! Sounds like you’ve been pushed to the limit lately. I can’t believe you’ve been driving for so long. My doctor has a strict 6 weeks policy, even for a LTHR. I was prepared to break that rule, but my husband won’t let me. I’m getting so sick of being trapped in the house all the time. Also, I totally get what you mean about the sleeping situation. My doc said I could try sleeping on my side, and I was able to do it for about 15 minutes before my hip started aching. But now I’m ruined for back sleeping too! I just can’t get comfortable anymore. I’m thinking I might try out the good old pregnancy pillow and see if it helps. Anyway, glad to hear you’re doing so well even with all the daily challenges. You are the poster girl for joint replacement!
 
My 90 degree restrictions expire in 2 days but I definitely just blew past them. Was cleaning out my son’s closet and drawers and realized I was reaching all over the place. I can already feel it in my left hip. I’ll wait to finish when someone is home to help me.

My son and hubs went to the pool to try to catch the 2 hours of non-rain this weekend. It’s already getting gray, and then it’s game over for the rest of the weekend.

Going to start back at the office on Tuesday. It’s time to be out of this house more. I’ll probably go in for mornings as a start. see how it goes. I’ve been working very effectively from home for the last few weeks at least.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I transitioned back to work half days fairly early...not optimal for recovery but necessary and I managed quite well, though did keep ice packs on my lap a good bit of the time.
Wishing you a good week.
 
Thanks @Mojo333 - I reference your recovery thread frequently to see where you were at my point. While no two are the same, it’s so helpful to have your experiences as a guide!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
6 weeks today!!! Restrictions lifted. And you know what? I feel GOOD! I’ve been very active this weekend, out of the house a lot of the day and evening. Slow, a little uncomfortable at times but mostly GOOD!

The most noticeable impact from my busy social holiday weekend- my mood! It’s been so great to be out of my house and with friends and chatting and laughing (and a little cocktailing too).

Looking forward to enjoying the holiday today and I know I’m ready to return to the office tomorrow.

It’s time to spend more time out of the house, away from my “security blanket”. Truth is, regardless of any discomfort I have now- it’s way less than what I was feeling before surgery!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom