Bilateral THR Twice as Nice - JennyLynne's recovery

That’s amazing @JennyLynne
You have come so far in such a short time and are so right.... the little discomfort you feel now is nothing like pre op pain.

Seeing friends & getting out is so helpful during this stage of recovery as milestones are further apart & progress slows.

Good luck on getting back to work ..... I’m sure you will Ace it!!

Isn’t it funny how your home becomes so important & safe during recovery... a cosy nest!

Take care .. Chrissie x


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Have just read through this and you have inspired me like no other. Bravo to you --your strength, courage and determination is awe inspiring. You have a wonderful family and such will. You have lessened my load and I only hope you continue to get stronger enjoying your wonderful life.
 
Awesome news, Jenny!
First, I can't believe it's already six weeks...although I'm sure you can.
Is wonderful you were as active as you mentioned this past weekend and still feel good!
Going back to work feels a bit ambitious. Hopefully you have the freedom to back off if it proves to be too much. Wishing you a nice holiday and first week back on the job. Please let us know how it goes.
@JennyLynne
 
Thank you all- appreciate your kind words and encouragement!! This site has been invaluable to my recovery, once again.

@Layla I plan to ease in, but really hope to be at the office most days for some period of time. I have 2 open positions to fill and need to be on site for interviews- that’s really driving my desire to be there now. But I do my best to listen to my body and watch the clock! [emoji5]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Despite the nasty weather it sounds like you had a very bright weekend! That is awesome that it hasn't left you sore and exhausted. I hope your transition back to work goes smoothly!
 
Going to start back at the office on Tuesday. It’s time to be out of this house more. I’ll probably go in for mornings as a start. see how it goes. I’ve been working very effectively from home for the last few weeks at least.
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

I'm back tomorrow too, though technically just for a visit. My Dr.'s note has me back on 6/3. So I'll go in and scope out what's been going on with all the people I haven't talked to, meet some new employees. Looking forward to it in a way, like you said, it's time to be out of this house more!
 
My 90 degree restrictions expire in 2 days but I definitely just blew past them. Was cleaning out my son’s closet and drawers and realized I was reaching all over the place. I can already feel it in my left hip. I’ll wait to finish when someone is home to help me.

My son and hubs went to the pool to try to catch the 2 hours of non-rain this weekend. It’s already getting gray, and then it’s game over for the rest of the weekend.

Going to start back at the office on Tuesday. It’s time to be out of this house more. I’ll probably go in for mornings as a start. see how it goes. I’ve been working very effectively from home for the last few weeks at least.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Hi how far along are you now?
Tara


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Yeah! You give me hope... :yes!:
I was 3 weeks last friday... still have toothache pain in left hip. Will go for a walk with my walker and put ice on it. I think what I lack is confidence, maybe my physio will help when I go on thursday :fingersx:
 
@Chappyd how fitting we will both be going back tomorrow! Good luck, surgery bud!

@Tarajeane 6 weeks today

@jwadds you are doing amazing!!! I hope you are as happy as I am with the double-decision! This weekend is when my confidence really kicked in and I was truly comfortable being “out in the wild”- give it time!! [emoji4]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@JennyLynne so happy to see you doing so well. Wow, back to work already tomorrow, amazing!

:loveshwr:
 
Thinking of you this morning as you head back to work.
Hopefully you can tell us something good later today and you're not totally wiped out.
You may need some ice/elevation /rest after work for awhile as your strength continues building.
Hope you have a peaceful, relaxing evening.
@JennyLynne
 
Thank you @Layla [emoji173]️

All is well here. I survived! I iced for about 45 min this morning and I’m back on ice now.

I stayed at the office too long of course, but left plenty early to beat “hitting the wall”. Even so, I am exhausted and looking forward to resting this evening.

My hips feel pretty good. My back hurts a LOT... sitting in my office chair all day... that will take getting used to. Need to get to and move more frequently. (Story of my life!)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks for checking in...we all worry about our peeps :wink:
Happy to hear you're feeling okay. I hope you're able to rest /ice as much as you feel necessary tonite.
Wishing you a peaceful, relaxing, comfy cozy kind of night. :yawn:
@JennyLynne
 
Good to hear you survived @JennyLynne! How long did you go in for? Do you plan to have a phased return? I have a desk job as well and know how easy it is to get caught up and not move for 3-4 hours. Not good for our bodies... they do say sitting is the new smoking.
 
@jwadds I was there for about 5 hours. I have a desk job. I started working from home at 3 weeks and felt it was time to go back to the office.

My boss is pretty good about giving me the freedom to work out my schedule. I typically work a LOT of hours (50-60 a week) so he knows he doesn’t have to babysit me.

One thing I should have done... brought my lunch! It was a long walk to the on site café and I had no hands to carry anything [emoji23]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thank you @Layla [emoji173]️

All is well here. I survived! I iced for about 45 min this morning and I’m back on ice now.

I stayed at the office too long of course, but left plenty early to beat “hitting the wall”. Even so, I am exhausted and looking forward to resting this evening.

My hips feel pretty good. My back hurts a LOT... sitting in my office chair all day... that will take getting used to. Need to get to and move more frequently. (Story of my life!)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Glad to hear that you had pretty good start. I did hit the wall at 4.5 hours. Going in I felt pretty good, but it was non stop once I was there. It was good to see the work family, 6 weeks is a long time. I came home had something to eat, and Hit the recliner for a few hours. I was really surprised how tired I got. My hip was fine, no pain. I don't have to go back until Monday. Took a lot of paperwork home to do at home the next few days.
The adventure continues !!
:cheers:
 
Truth is, regardless of any discomfort I have now- it’s way less than what I was feeling before surgery!
Isn't that so encouraging!?:tada:
Was for me.
Good for you ..
you both at once "freak":) :-) (:
At least that's kind of how I felt for a time before and after.
It was...you did what? Seriously?:heehee:
 
Well done you! Too bad about lunch though; live & learn. Hopefully each day is a little less tiring but do watch if it starts to feel like it's adding up too much.
 
@Chappyd glad it went well! I can't believe how exhausted I was last night - fell asleep early and hard!

@Mojo333 EVERY SINGLE PERSON... "Both? At once? They do that???" The novelty will wear off soon, right?

@Carriemay60 brought my lunch today!!

Today already feels easier. One last meeting and then heading home. Won't overdue it.
 
So glad to read your first day went ok. Hope today is good too. You have such a great attitude! Half the battle when it comes to easing back to normal routine. Good luck @JennyLynne
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom