Revision TKR Turtle's Revision scheduled for July 19, 2016

@patient 99 Hi Carol, well I messed up my dates and found myself in strength training. What a workout!!! I kept saying "when are we going to dance?" but we kept on working our upper body, lower body and core with stretch bands, all the while doing lunges, squats, and stretching. But I survived and hopefully will be able to get out of bed in the morning. Very careful with the knees though but I can honestly say I felt so much better afterwards.

Here's to good days continuuing. I'm still trying to think of a name change for my thread. I'm afraid to say I won the race, as I know I'm still a work in progress. Hugs and Bugs, Dorothy

Where are you working out Dorothy? Strength training is great, that is the one thing I can do, and I feel great when I am done as well.

@RunA42K Working out at Sweetgrass, we have wonderful fitness center with classes, great equipment, indoor pool, and good instructors from the Greater Houston YMCA. I thought I'd be doing water classes, but I like the control I have on the equipment and in the classes. I look forward to exercising every day and so looking forward to spring. Enough ice and cold already.

Dorothy

That's great Dorothy!! I do my working out at Plex. Some days I do pt first then workout with weights upper body and core. On days I don't do pt I do upper body and core. Yesterday I got on the elliptical for the first time in about 9 months. Used to be my ROM was so bad that I couldn't even do the elliptical, making it hard to get in any cardio. We are making a decision on a pool builder in the next few days. Have narrowed it down to two. So by mid April I may have a new pool in my backyard to help my rehab too.

well I messed up my dates and found myself in strength training.

Chuckle. That will teach you. But it sounds like you enjoyed it. Perhaps you will have to rename your thread
Texas Turtle's the Name, Strength Training's My Game - just joking. You didn't fancy ` Texas Turtle Can Now See Light at the end of the Tunnel' something you said a few days back?

I promised Mike I would make Moussaka for dinner tomorrow. I must have had too many drinks at the time, because I can't for the life of me remember how to do it. I'll have to google a receipt and keep my fingers crossed. Hugs and Bugs C

Here I am at 12-1/2 months and I think I've overdone it this week, so it's kneecation day today. I exercised every day but one and danced a lot last Saturday at our Mardi Gras party. Now my knee is swollen so icing and elevating, but at least now I know it will past but I wonder if it will it ever stop. I do feel that I am getting stronger and hope this is just a little glitch. Just to have to keep in mind that slow and steady mantra, and progress, not perfection. That's it for my winging, as I am very grateful to be leading a "normal", active life again. Dorothy:dancy::kittykiss:

It's been three years since my TKR and while I've been busy dealing with other problems, I.e. Atrial fibrillation, heart surgery (Wolf mini maze for a fib, and female stuff , I had put my knee problems aside. Then last week I stood up from a chair, my knee buckled with excruciating pain, and I was taken to the er by ambulance, 3 doses of fentanyl didn't phase the pain, just made me sick. They put me in immobilizer and I'm getting around okay but I am very depressed just struggling to get through each day. Start pt tomorrow with a really good group so should know more after that initial appointment. The prosthesis is okY according to the X-ray so this seems to be in the tendons, etc. @Josephine I know this should be in my thread but I'm not sure how to get there. Let me know and I will do whatever necessary. It feels like such a good release and a relief to post here where I know people understand as right now I am very depressed.

Welcome back, @turtle68 ---I moved your post to your thread, and you should have no trouble finding it now.

I am sorry to read of your issues, and I hope that you can get to the root of the problems quickly---those implants are very strong and it takes a great amount of trauma to make them break, so I am sure that it is a soft-tissue issue---please post back with what the PT's or the ATC had to say about the issue.

As always, we will be here for you and do our best to help you in any way that we can.

Then last week I stood up from a chair, my knee buckled with excruciating pain, and I was taken to the er by ambulance, 3 doses of fentanyl didn't phase the pain, just made me sick. They put me in immobilizer and I'm getting around okay but I am very depressed just struggling to get through each day. Start pt tomorrow with a really good group so should know more after that initial appointment.
From that story, I'd say the last thing you need is PT. Just don't let them make you do anything that hurts!

If they can do some gentle massage at PT, that might help your leg to feel better. I agree with Josephine though, that exercise is unlikely to help right now.
Perhaps it's time for lots of rest, ice and elevation, to allow for healing?

Thank you @Josephine and Celle. I have been resting, icing and elevating. Will post tomorrow after my pt appointment. And don't worry I will not let them hurt me. This pain began during my initial pt when they had me way overdoing it.

@Josephine Could you change the title to my thread to Texas Turtle Determined to get back into the race. I had my appointment with physical therapist today and was very pleased. She thoroughly evaluated my knee and at this point feels it is soft tissue damage and weakness. My quad is not firing, hamstrings are very tight, and there are so many areas of pain. My extension is -4 and ROM is 106. She did not push to get that but did get 116 at the end of the session. We're starting slowly with stretches and knee slides, she did an ultrasound treatment. It felt good but I don't think she's convinced it's therapeutic. Next week she is going to do dry needling. Have you heard of this or has anyone on the forum had experience. My hopes are high that with rest, ice and elevation I may finally get the results I want from my TKR. I'm still convinced my original brutal pt caused this damage but I'm determined to get past this.
Dorothy

I have tight hamstrings and do regular stretching which my PT showed me, which helps. I hope you find some good help with this PT.

Acupuncture is done by fully qualified acupuncturists who have trained for 3 years and who can diagnose using traditional Chinese medicine and needle appropriately.

Dry needling is the term used by physios, gps, chiros, midwives, etc who have been on a short course (often just 4 days in the uk) and have learned how to insert needles into 16 points on the body.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Dry needling in the U.S. Has become much more than that and it is part of physical therapy training in most states which training is quite extensive here. Pts in Texas now have to get a doctorate.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dcytpoti
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom