TKR Turning a Corner with My New Knee

talking to that different surgeon, gave me a good up lift,,l feel like l am back in the ball game again,l think things are gonna get better from now on ,l put the stocking on(compression) knee feeling better already,,thanks for the response's,,hoping next week report even better,,in the mean time l keep checking on you all hoping to learn something else
 
13 weeks today,,,last week l tried compression stockings on my knee,,this. Week l was able to get around on a crutch for the 1st time since week 3,, l was able to walk baby steps across a room without my walker,,today l drove to p.t which is 45 min away,,( 1st time since early April ),finally was able to get into shower,,l have a antique claw foot tub and was not able to get in before and relied on sponge baths,,l think the stocking help a bunch,,last week l felt like a invalid,this week has been a good week,,my ROM today was 85 that is a jump of 10 in a weeks time,,bad news is the V.A called me and deny me anymore p.t after the next 2 visit,,l am going to call the Dr. Who wrote me a new prescription last week for 12 more sessions of outside p.t ,,,from what l was told l had to drive the 1 1/2 hour to the V.A hospital if l needed more p.t''outside p.t is over?what can you say?what is,,, is is?
 
I'm so happy to read about this leap forward for you! High five. Grumble, grumble, grumble about the outside PT ruling. Try appealing it, but I don't know where to begin with that.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Wow!! Great news @sabbath... maybe you could join the local YMCA and do some pool exercises- they must have classes or a personal trainer that could help you. Walking was a big help to me...just baby steps outside at first, then around the block I would go. I am so happy things have turned around for you!!
 
thank you ,,l am happy,finally,,maybe l am turning the corner again,,l do believe the ace sleeve over my knee helps,,my swelling has came down since l started wearing it,,l wish l had learned from a earlier post when someone else suggested it,,it'd worked for me
 
My knee has definitely benefited from the compression sleeve.. when I take it off I can see outlines of my kneecap better, so I know it is decreasing my swelling. I plan to wear them at work. Glad you have turned that corner, @sabbath .... better things to come
 
I could tell how swollen my knee wanted to be today when :/ got home from work by the lines in the compression sleeve! Knee felt better after a massage by moi. :-)


Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
l am hoping people who are having trouble read our post and give the compression sleeve a try,,it worked for me,,it gave me that boost that l needed mentally as well as physically
 
thanks Roxie,,,its been a long battle,,headed in the right direction again,,now my mind is right again l am sure my body will follow,,
 
@PolarBear60 @tigz @bluejuju anybody else that l missed,thanks for the support,encouragement ,its been a long road,worse of it,,its not over yet,,lol,,there's something to learn here if l only digested the information l read on here sooner maybe it would not have took so long to get here? Hard to call
 
Not over for any of us yet, but we're so happy to see this progress for you. Your journey has had a lot of frustrations and worries so far. I know you have more waiting for you, but this report was a breath of fresh air that will help sustain you as you move forward in your recovery.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
It's so good to hear you so upbeat @sabbath... I hope things remain smooth for you for a while. The compression sleeve that I have feels like a scuba diving wetsuit. I love it. Plan to get another for my other knee... I really think it helps!
 
14 weeks today,,started out good last week,,ended when l went to p.t..my progress disappeared ,,could not sleep,back to the walker for several days,swelling back again bad,,Today l am doing much better,saran wrapping again at night,sleeping good,,even on my side,1st since April,,back on crutch instead of walker,,swelling down,I am beginning to believe it was. God send that the V.A deny me more p.t,,,2 sessions left,,calling today to cancel them,,my pattern has been l see baby steps then l go to p.t -l notice when l cut p.t from 2 days a week to 1 things improved,,l am a slow learner,lol,,family disapproves but not their knee,,l now expect things to improve,,no more set backs
 
Just checking in on you and few folks to see how it is going - pleased to hear it is getting better finally for you. I imagine you are sick of the word Patience ( lord knows i am ) but it seems to be the only thing that works.
 
@RLK thanks ,,l see where we had our knees done about the same time,,how are you doing,,l have to laugh not only did we have our knees done about the same time,but if that a pic of you we look alike,,lol,,l am doing better since l quit p.t,, l use a exercise bike for my p.t,,l can't get the petals to go around yet but keep trying,,once l do l am as good as healed l figure,
 
I am doing fantastic almost to the point of feeling a little guilty over the problems others have. I found that the bike was my savior along with a desk chair to do my flex exercises. Remember to push it a bit but also to rest it after each stretch. We have a lot in common it seems, I just got lucky i think on my knee. I had polio in the right leg so this one healing fast is a blessing since i count on it for everything.

I'll bet you are as tired as can be of hearing the word Patience. It really is a marathon not a sprint though. I found that mine seemed to get better with jumps in flex and pain relief, nothing was really gradual. Stick with the bike it was my biggest ally also, I am pulling for ya and keeping you in mind. Let me know if i can help in anyway even if just listen to a rant.
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom