TKR Turning a Corner with My New Knee

thanks for all replys,l don't have to many down days ,,thank God, maybe my 10 week report will be better, in fact l am betting on it,
 
That's a nice positive statement. Good for you @sabbath x the rollercoaster recovery is the best descriptor of all with this experience.

You're not alone. We are all there ready to support you.

Take care x
 
Hang in there, @sabbath . I have had my share of down days too and always feel better after the support I get from the lovely people on here. You are making progress even if slower than you'd prefer. But it's the progress your knee is comfortable with right now and things will continue to improve!

Roxie
 
I was talking with my PT last week, and I described recovery as a cow path.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
well this is my 11th week,,had p.t this morning had 76 ROM,,not cool,,progress report hate to say with out walker l am helpless,,l sleep ok ,,once in awhile wake up in discomfort not in great pain,,that's a plus,,not in a whole lot of pain anyhow,,what there is comes and goes,,no pain meds. In 3 weeks now,,knee still swells still gets stiff everyday guess that's normal ,,some days l handle it well other days not so well,,,rainy days l like the best,,people say not to compare,,who can l compare too? Their are days l feel like l haven't left the gate,,other days. L am one lucky man,,Things are well in my lfe
 
You have been making good progress! Little or no pain, and you've added some ROM from your last report. You're going to get there.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
@sabbath your attitude will take you far! About those some days...other days....I totally agree!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
Good statement. I know recovery is hard. Weather we have more good than bad. We all learn one thing in it. Patience. And it's not Something I have. But as I told others knees is 2 rebellious teens acting up. Or 2 mischievous toddlers trying to see which one causes most racket. Or 2 twins jelious of the other.

But it's all good while you have good days. Second to minute,to half hour to hour,to 6 hour,12 hour,I day 7 days to 1 year to 365 days a year. We never know what to expect. We can be having a good day and then be sad. Cherish each good day you have. And be glad that your doing well. I am so inspired by the positive in your threads. Thanks for sharing...

Lord know one day I'm fine know I'm full of Pop,clunk,pain due to a unknown mishap. And goin back for 2nd 2nd opinion. But I'm so glad you able to share positive thoughts. Xxxxxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
@sabbath...how are things going for you today? I feel like we are both turtles in this big race to get our knees up and moving in the right direction. But we will get there like everyone else...just a little slower. Keep using the walker if you need too...as long as you are up and walking. I think things will turn around for the best for both of us, you'll see. Keep your chin up, my friend.
 
birds are singing,feeling good,,knee always good in the A:M,,its later in the day it bothers if its going too,,then its no great pain,l am thankful for that,,l am sure its going to get better ,just got to wait it out, Today its suppose to rain,,rainly days l don't feel so lazy,,its those nice days it hard to watch go by
 
@sabbath I know what you mean. The days that are nice enough to open windows are killer days for me!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
Last year I would watch kids go to school while I was home recuperating. It felt as if I'd never go back to teaching and everyone's life was moving on but mine. But it will get better and you'll pick up where you left off with an appreciation of how difficult a recovery can be. You both, @sabbath and @tigz are getting there, slowly but surely!
 
l could be looking at this wrong but you people on here are the experts when it comes to TKR,,we are the ones who live this everyday not the OS,,he gets to go home and enjoy his day hopefully,It take courage to have this operation,courage to recuperate from it,,l appreciate everybody advice,l welcome it,,advice that come from the the souces that are living it,that means something to me
 
12 weeks 2 days ,,today l finally got to see my surgeon to find out he's no longer employed there? Not a big deal,,The OS l seen was about my age which l liked,,He said the reason my ROM is so low is because my knee is so swollen,,He did not think anything was wrong with it,,He gave me some ace sleeves to wear and to put one on there,," What a different it made " somebody else wrote on here about them and l let it go over my head,,duh,,l did the Saran wrap with deep blue essential oil and vit. E oil ,,l believe it helped my scar do all but disappear ,,,But this ace wrap seems like a God send for now,,tomorrow might be another day,,lol,,also l was told not to let p.t rough me up and go back to taking my naproxen for the swelling,ice,elevate,And he did not think l needed a MUA,, And He extended my p.t so they could get my muscle strong enough to walk again with out a walker,,l so agree with everything this man told me, l think l was getting down for awhile,,l am just a slow healer, l have to accept it and get on,,
 
That's a positive report!

I'm still working on my quads at 11 weeks 3 days. :)
 
Sounds positive. Cheering for you to feel better soon.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Ice continues to do wonders many weeks after surgery, I used my ice machine as much as I could for a couple of months. Your new doc sounds right....your knee isn't bending because it's swollen and some anti-inflammatory meds and a little rest (along with the ice) should go a long way towards your knee feeling a bit more normal and getting greater ROM.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom