Guest viewing is limited

Trying to stay positive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a really bad night last night, pain keeping me awake for a lot of the night, I'm so ready for this surgery, I'm sure you are too!!
 
LOL bottomshollow...didn't even notice the pearls! Littlejem, yes I am very ready. I haven't been able to sleep very well the past couple of nights either. I've been trying to get stuff done around the house to get ready for recovery, but it's a "work 15 minutes, rest 30" process. It's getting there, just slowly. I can't imagine how you're holding up, recovering from one THR with pain from the bad hip too. :mcoffee:
 
I know the feeling about trying to get stuff done before surgery, will you have the 6 week restrictions? I'm just about able to get down onto the floor to do things although my knees are complaining as they haven't been used for a good long time, which is a bit of a restriction! I feel like my little house hasn't had a really good clean for such a long time but I'm not prepared to knock myself out trying to do too much if anyone says anything about dust, I'll give them a duster and tell them to help themselves:rotfl: and that includes my husband, bless him!!
 
Hi Sqwerlie,

I like the sound of your at-home support team, 7 daughters, should be handy!!

Nice that your surgery date isn't in competition for end of the school year events either :) How fun that you've had them all at home!!

Take care,
Cardie
 
sqwerlie that avatar is TOO MUCH!!! Were you looking for it, or did it leap off the screen at you? Is it ok if we feed it peanuts? Sqwerlie and Littlejem aw, no! More pain time. I am sorry! Not too long to go till the 17th, tho, is it. Janet, I think I am going to put a Swiffer and a pile of cloths by the front door. Anybody who goes past that door has to make a pass with the swiffer. Or no, wait, we all wear swiffer cloths on our shoes!!!!! I had actually thought of decorating my walker with little swiffers....the cats are shedding like crazy, and the only one that likes the Furminator is too skinny to use it on. Zephyrs of orange and white fur all over everything! phhh! phphphphhhhh! Ptoooie!:rotfl:
 
21 days to go...not that I'm keeping track or anything. I learned yesterday that I am going to have to practice saying "no" a bit. I babysat two of my grandsons for a few hours, one is 5 and the other is just over a year. By the end of the day, I was so sore and just worn out. The 5 year old is fine, but the 1 year old isn't walking yet and picking him up and carrying him was just too much after awhile. After they left, Mr Sqwerl came home and I'm afraid he took the brunt of my frustration and pain. :hissy: But I laid down with ice and took a nice nap and felt better afterwards. It's just so frustrating to not be able to do what I want to do. I keep telling myself by fall everything will be better and by this time next year I will be able to play with my grandkids without all this wretched pain. In the meantime, no more babysitting unless I have a minion nearby who can haul my chunky monkey around! :heehee:
 
sqwerlie I've seen a hilarious one of a very caffeinated squirrel, but this one really is perfect for you now! I don't have grandchildren to babysit, thank goodness. When I was 52 maybe I would have been capable of half a day of one kid...my own kids did me in I'm afraid. I started at 35 and we ain't done yet... younger turns 23 next week, and may never be independent, the way things are going now.
Don't try to fool us, you are too counting, and we're counting right along with you :) You actually hve had to wait longer than anybody here, haven't you? The party at your drugged-up bedside is going to crash the WWW!!!!!!! We're gonna bring clowns and balloons and magicians and performing bears and dragons and squirrels, yep, lots of squirrels! *evil cackle*
 
Hi sqwerlie that must be so frustrating, you really want to have the grand kids and play with them but it hurts!! I'm lucky my 3 are between 8 & 11 and understand that I can't do certain things at the moment but when they're little they just want to play don't they!! Well I'm counting too and 3 weeks from now we will both be be 'doing alright' although my surgery is in the afternoon do you know what time you are down? You have waited a long time for your surgery but it will all be worth it!! You are evil zauberflöte although maybe the squirrels could be carrying prune juice!! :heehee:
 
oh my sqwerlie ... NEVER put ideas into an evil mind.... (I've watched my Mission Impossible, I know how to make hallucinations!!)
Littlejem afternoon surgery just strikes me as so odd. Probaby because until I joined here, I thought surgery was always done in the morning, simply because all the surgery i've had has been at the crack of dawn....LOL But at least you may not have to get up till the morning!:whistle:
 
sqwerlie. No grandchildren yet, but it must be very hard not to be able to have they stay. I am having a hard enough time declining social invitations because of precautions. Don't want to carry toilet seat riser to brunch-nice image, no? Much hard not to be able to babysit. Hope your little one is an early walker. Then you'll just play chase.
 
sqwerlie I don't have my pre op until the week before my surgery and at least I don't need to get to the hospital at the crack of dawn for my surgery! zauberflöte They have to operate in the afternoon to get full use of the operating theatre although I must admit this it the first time I've been given an afternoon slot I've been told not to be there until after lunch, even though I can't eat any!!! :sad:
 
Ok, here's a question for those of you who made it to the other side. I've read about the post op blues, but did any of you experience pre-op blues? I have been so down the past few days, just so tired of dealing with everything (pain, kids, life in general) and can't seem to get motivated to accomplish anything at all. I just want to hide in my room until it's time to go to the hospital. I know people mean well, but honestly, if one more person asks me how my hip is, I'm gonna lose it! I want to wear a sign that says "Don't ask. It still hurts". I'm really dreading going off my Naproxyn next week. :boohoo:
 
sqwerlie, sending gentle hugs from across the pond. I don't think anyone can appreciate the pain unless you have gone through it. I've shed a tear tonight with pain so understand x
 
sqwerlie. Pre-op pain is awful and depressing. I had to stay home for two months before surgery, and I was climbing the walls. I alternated between irritability, staying bed to hide, and reading obsessively. I have no solution except to say that post-op is better. I am impatient and sick of restrictions but no where near where I was before.
 
Hi Sqwerlie!
I am a farmer's wife/homeschool mom too! Pre-op blues? Oh yes, I remember them well! I think all that chronic pain is just wearing. In fact, after both hips were done, I realized I'd been mildly depressed for quite some time! If anything, this whole experience has given me sympathy for people with chronic pain - I don't think you really understand unless you've been there. Are you having a cold wet spring up there like we are? It's awful- my husband has only had 10 days where the ground was fit to plant, and we had another big thunderstorm last night. He's about to start climbing the wall, lol!!
 
Hi Rohanknitter, yes we are having a rotten cold, wet spring. About the time the ground dries out enough to plant, it rains again! It's not helping anybody's mood around here, that's for sure.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom