Guest viewing is limited

Trying to stay positive

Status
Not open for further replies.
sqwerlie. Yep, you can, before the hip shrieks 24/7! The recovery is tedious but not painful, and you need to figure mostly rest for the first couple of weeks, but you can still keep an eye on things. And the lack of bone on bone pain is such a relief.
 
sqwerlie you CAN do this, WE can do this!! I am such a wimp and at my first I was really panicking but the first thing I said was it wasn't as bad as I'd thought it would be, I'm nervous going in for my second, who wouldn't be, but I'm feeling much easier than last time. This time next week we WILL be so much better!!
 
sqwerlie YES you can do it, you have the best for surgery buddies! Littlejem and chisels1 and I know I've forgotten someone. Your flutterbyes are normal, it is easier than you think, and you will be so much better this time next week you won't believe it. YOU GO GIRL!!!
 
Ohhhhh....I did a not so smart thing today. Went and did the "big stock up grocery run". :groan: I think I should have done it last week. By the time we got home, I told the girls to bring everything in and went straight to bed with ice and Tylenol. If I wasn't ready before, I am now! Even my ankle hurts. So I am making a quick and easy supper and retiring for the night. With more ice. :thumb:
 
sqwerlie hope you feel a bit better in the night and the morning :) I am going to give you my best wishes and prayers for Monday, right here and now just in case the unthinkable happens and I forget:yikes: But I know we'll be on this weekend. Relax, let the family take over-- you're a little invalid now!:snork:
 
sqwerlie, take it easy now until 17 June... Resting pre surgery is important in ensuring that your general health remains robust.. It time to take care of you!
 
sqwerlie We think we can do more than we can and you've just learnt that, actually you really do need to do this!
You'll be glad you've got the groceries all stocked up and you'll feel ready and organised. Hope you got a good nights rest and are feeling such a lot better today. :)
 
sqwerlie Wishing you all the best for tomorrow.I will look out for you when you get over to this side
 
Thanks for the good wishes! Got my pre-op call and need to be at the hospital at 6:45 am. Haven't packed my bag yet, but otherwise things are in good shape, I think! I told Mr. Sqwerl this morning that I changed my mind and don't want to do this. He reminded me that I tried that once on the way to the hospital to have one of our girls and it didn't work then either. :heehee:
 
And wasn't it well worth it ! It will be the same for you getting a nice new hip and getting rid of the pain .The 2 weeks leading up to my surgery were difficult as I had a cold so I was convinced the op would be cancelled and I really didn't get rid of it until the day before so all my anxiety was focused on a possible cancellation and I didn't have any capacity to worry about the actual surgery.It will soon be behind you and you can concentrate on recovery.
 
He reminded me that I tried that once on the way to the hospital to have one of our girls and it didn't work then either. :heehee:
You might not get a baby but you will have a shiny new, pain free hip and that's gonna be worth it!! By my reckoning if you go down to surgery around 10am that'll be about 4pm here and so we might be in surgery around the same time! :umm:
 
sqwerlie Hello there! Pretty soon it'll be over and you'll be on Recovery Road with the rest of us!
You're scheduled nice and early, so that's good, get it over it, then wake up in your room, all snug as a bug on drugs. You'll probably get to go home in a day or two. (Or if you prefer to stick around in the hosp and rest even more, just get really light headed every time you get up, or something like that. That's bound to keep you in there for another day!) :wink:

You'll be so happy once this is behind you. So best of luck, Mrs. Squirrell. We're all sending every good thought your way, and we'll be waiting to hear every detail as soon as you're ready.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom