Trying hard not to get too scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jojool There you are! I have been looking for posts by you to see how you are doing! I am having more pain now that I have had to stop the aspirin and Celebrex. I even had trouble sleeping with the help of my Ambien last night. I woke up and tossed and turned from 5:37 Am on, that was a first. I have found that online shopping and spending a lot of money helps :) No, just kidding, what I am really doing is searching for the best down pillows for the very best price and I haven't made a selection yet.

I have also been busy doing all I can as far as cleaning, de-cluttering and organizing my house, moving my clothes into the upper drawers of the dressers in the guest room, packing two 7 day AM-PM pill organizers with my maintenance medications & supplements, moving my dressing stick, hair dryer, make-up and other stuff into the bathroom I'll be using and a dozen other chores & arrangements I need to get ready for surgery.

How are you doing? How is your pain? Just 8 more days to go and we will be on our way back to a normal life! People will no longer stare at me limping and lurching around dragging my bad hip foot and after a few weeks I will be able to walk the dogs a decent distance and maybe even lose a little of my blubber :) I am actually looking forward to it right now but the night before and the morning of the 12th things might be a little different!
 
didoan I'm doing okay. I'm looking forward to the surgery too, but I'm sure the night before is going to be rough. My pain levels are pretty low today, and it makes me wonder if I'm really bad enough for a hip replacement.....then I'll turn the wrong way, or try to stand up after sitting for a while, and I remember why I'm having the surgery and YES I need it. I actually went out this morning and played with our colt (we have a 2 month old foal) and Mamma. I asked hubby to take me for a UTV ride tomorrow a.m. before the heat hits. We have a Ranger 4x4 that we used to ride in all the time, but my hip has hurt so bad lately I couldn't sit for any length of time. I think tomorrow I'll be okay, and I need some sunshine.:flwrysmile: I know hubby will go slow and not hit any bumps, he takes great care of me. I'm kinda excited about spending some quality time with my honey. it will still be 90* at 7 a.m., but that's cool compared to the 107* we had today!!!
 
I hear 'ya! I have the same triggers and somehow even just turning my head while walking manages to turn something in my hip that sends the most excruciating pain straight to my brain. You have horse! I love them! My favorite walk I haven't been able to take in my neighborhood since January because of the steep hills was past several equestrian centers that board and some that breed. Some of my neighbors also have sheep, goats, ducks, chickens and lots of dogs. I can't wait to do that walk again with my doggies and my goal is to walk around Lake Hodges, it is so gorgeous there and I have only seen it by car.

You are very brave to ride in a 4X4, even a bump on the road here in our car sent me to the roof not long ago. Also the heat! We have yet to see 90 degrees here in Co. Cal this summer and it has been mostly under 80 the past week or two.
 
Yes, I have 5 horses right now. 2 of them are fosters, for a rescue organization. The mamma and foal are the rescues...rescued off of a meat truck bound for Canada. the other horses are my goobers. Sam is my avatar, he's my trail buddy, and a quarter horse. Then I have Sita, and her son Ethan, both are Morgans.
 
Rescues are the best! That's so sad that mamma & her foal were headed for a meat factory. I hate what some people do to animals. I forgot to say before that I am happy you are feeling so good but don't be fooled! I think I was feeling stupendous 2 weeks ago then the next day it all came back and has even gotten worse as the days passed. Take care and enjoy your day tomorrow :)
 
didoan Well, I researched the medicare SNF regs and I don't see anywhere where it says you MUST stay a certain length of time, though your benefits change at certain milestones. Below is what I found on the medicare website regs:

Long-term Care Services – Skilled Nursing

Medicare does not pay the largest part of long-term care services or personal care—such as help with bathing, or for supervision often called custodial care. Medicare will help pay for a short stay in a skilled nursing facility, for hospice care, or for home health care if you meet the following conditions:

You have had a recent prior hospital stay of at least three days
You are admitted to a Medicare-certified nursing facility within 30 days of your prior hospital stay
You need skilled care, such as skilled nursing services, physical therapy, or other types of therapy
If you meet all these conditions, Medicare will pay for some of your costs for up to 100 days. For the first 20 days, Medicare pays 100 percent of your costs. For days 21 through 100, you pay your own expenses up to $148 per day (as of 2013), and Medicare pays any balance. You pay 100 percent of costs for each day you stay in a skilled nursing facility after day 100.

General Medicare information, ordering Medicare booklets, and information about health plans. Toll Free: (800) 633-4227


If some rehab place is telling you you must stay five days, maybe that's some rule they have theirselves. ALSO be VERY SURE you are in a medicare accredited facility or medicare will NOT pay.

If you want to research more yourself, look on www.medicare.gov. You want to make sure you are on the official medicare site (the .gov one) and not some cite posted by a third person. Or if you want me to research further, I would be glad to help. If you would let me know what state you are in, I can find your state Medicare ombudsman's phone number for you.

Peace and love
 
Butterfly thanks so much for all of your research for me I really appreciate your help so much! I will follow that link you gave to see what I can learn:) I am so happy! My hubby just gave me a tablet so now I don't have to take that 20# dinosaur laptop to the hospital and I can talk to eveyone after surgery! I am using it right now and learning so I will be ready on Aug. 12.
 
I am all packed and ready to go Monday morning, all my stuff is in place and I have no more fear of the surgery. I have some chores to complete the rest of today and tomorrow. I don't know if I will have time to log back on again so I created my recovery thread just now. Bye for now! :puppysmooze: See you on the other side!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Trying hard not to get too scared.
Looking forward to your first post on the "other side".
 
didoan My thoughts and prayers are with you for tomorrow! Can't wait to hear from you on the other side.

Peace and Love to you.
 
Hi Didoan

Well it is day 11 post op and I am really coming along! Got up this morning,had coffee di my housework including cleaning up all the day before dog hair from my golden retriever ,had a shower , made breakfast,went outside down the stairs on my crutches and cleaned up the dog poop.

You will do fine and all the small worries will be gone just like with me. I live alone by the way in a rv and that in itself should give you some peace. My pain was severe for the first while but with the meds very doable and now it is sooooo much better. Take care!

Gavin
 
didoan I want to know what you packed in your suitcase.... I have no idea what to bring. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, looking forward to your recovery posts! Prayers for smooth sail over to the other side! :angel:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom