TKR TRKR 10/13/23 - Moving Forward with Many Detours

I would like to ask us not to speculate on the state of mind or possible deficits of others and rather to focus on mutual support.
You are correct. I posted about the scooter incident as I feared my surgical implants were affected and deleted my responses. The conversation was not for this forum.
 
Good morning, my surgeon said the reason for the thigh pain is because there's metal (titanium) in the stem of my hip implant, which hit the side of the bone. Makes sense why walking up ramps puts pressure on my thigh. I thought after six years the bone would have remodeled and held the implant secure. Everything else is OK, the new knee is healing nicely (the scar is fading). Hopefully, what happened will lead to new safety rules in our complex, although we (minus one) respect and look out for each other.
 
Thank you for having this forum.i had a right knee replacement on Feb 28. I am having trouble getting to 90 bend . Any help for pointers would be appreciated.
Hi and welcome. I'm new, too, and had right knee replacement October 13. This forum is very supportive and caring, and I'm sure members more knowledgeable than I will offer suggestions. Best wishes on your recovery.
 
The property manager was back today so I went to her office earlier. She asked how I am, told me she saw the photo I sent her of my banged up knee and said the Board and management will handle this via a stern letter and further action if necessary. I have confidence the Board will take action. A little swelling and not much pain in my op knee today.
 
Good news the pain has eased. Don't forget about your old friend ice :ice:for pain and swelling.
Feel better soon!
@dubloosh
 
Good news the pain has eased. Don't forget about your old friend ice :ice:for pain and swelling.
Feel better soon!
@dubloosh
Thank you @Layla for the reminder. I hadn't been icing and am doing it now since I'm still awake. I'd been using heat; this feels much better. :happydance:
 
What good news that you are feeling better!
 
Happy Five Month Anniversary, dubloosh!
Cheers! :cheers: Enjoy the day!
@dubloosh
 
Happy Five Month Anniversary, dubloosh!
Cheers! :cheers: Enjoy the day!
@dubloosh
Thank you. It's been a long five months. Funny yet true story: today I had a job interview this morning and parked in the visitor lot, then saw steps leading to the main building. Figuring it would be less taxing on the "scootered" knee to walk up the driveway, that's what I did. I was wrong. Exercise done for the day. The good news is I may get a job offer Friday. Fingers are crossed!
 
Last edited:
I'll cross mine for you too :fingersx: Hope we hear some good news from you on Friday!
Good Luck!
@dubloosh
 
Good luck tomorrow!
Thank you! I had a Zoom interview this morning with a different company, and this one scheduled a second interview for next week. The first job would start March 28; there is still a concern about the parking lot, walking uphill and my op and other sore knee. I may visit the grounds tomorrow or on the weekend.
 
Good evening! I was lazy this morning except for icing both knees. Walking up the ramp/driveway at the interview Wednesday took a toll on both knees, and I felt it this morning. The Arnica Montana recommended by a friend came today from Amazon; I'm using it now in place of comfrey salve. I apologize to all who purchased the latter because I said it works. It does; however, the side effects were horrid and included chest pain (had a talk with GI doc's office today). I've used Arnicare for shoulder pain and hope Arnica Montana works on my knee. Both knees will be elevated and iced in a little while.

No news is good news I hope: I heard nothing about the job. Maybe I'll hear next week. Thursday I've an in-person interview with the second company (first meeting was via Zoom yesterday), and I'm very hopeful about it.

Hope everyone had a terrific Friday. Wishing you a relaxing weekend.
 
No worries on the recommendation, I have not had any side effects but have used it sparingly just a few times. Interestingly the one I bought also has arnica in it. Good luck with the job hunting. I will join @sistersinhim in praying for you to be led to the job that will be best for you. Already started!
 
I apologize to all who purchased the latter because I said it works. It does; however, the side effects were horrid and included chest pain
Thoughtful of you to apologize, dubloosh, but side effects aren't the same for everyone. When starting a new medication, OTC or prescription, and considering potential side effects, we can always check with our doctor or pharmacist about symptoms to look out for and what to do if they occur. Same goes for supplements. Good luck with the new product you're trying and also with your in person interview next week. Happy Weekend!
 
I will join @sistersinhim in praying for you to be led to the job that will be best for you. Already started!
Good luck with the new product you're trying and also with your in person interview next week. Happy Weekend!
Good morning and thank you for your good wishes and prayers. I hope to hear ext week, although I'm more excited about Thursday's interview. The knee is only an issue because I knew this place is built on a hill with a lot of walking. If it's not meant for me, then I'll keep moving forward. A positive note: the 'scootered' knee is feeling better, my gait is better, and the op knee feels good.
 
Last edited:

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom