Guest viewing is limited

TKR TRKR 10/13/23 - Moving Forward with Many Detours

Hi hi! This morning was taken up with finishing an AARP defensive driving class to lower my car insurance premium, which increases $200 when it renews next month. Relieved the monthly payment is only $12 more and was worried as insurance premiums have no regulation or ceiling. As predicted, the non op leg is tender yet looks less bruised since the mark under my kneecap is fading. A small of good news.

Late last night I felt nauseous and had pangs in my chest so I drank lots of water, thinking I was dry. I felt it again this morning and had breakfast, then felt it again before lunch. I never had an ulcer; the next thought was the comfrey salve. I've been using it liberally several times a day so I stopped as of this morning to see if the pangs disappear. Directions say use it for 10 days; I may have exceeded either the days or the amount. I'd not read about usage and only remembered how well it worked. Please be careful if you are using it.
 
Next time you have nausea and chest issues please think heart issues before you think topical salve!
Middle aged and senior women tend to downplay the very real risk of heart disease. If you're still having symptoms today please go to the ER or call 911.
 
Next time you have nausea and chest issues please think heart issues before you think topical salve!
Middle aged and senior women tend to downplay the very real risk of heart disease. If you're still having symptoms today please go to the ER or call 911.
I never had a heart issue. The one time I went to the ER for chest pains (spring 2021) it turned out to be stress with mom getting sick and me worrying about things. They wanted to hook me up to a monitor and do a blood test, and I said no to the monitor as it would have taken six hours, and mom was home alone with a neighbor checking in on her. They called me that night to say the blood test results were negative.

Thank you for caring. I'll pay heed if this happens again, though I think it's a result of what happened Sunday. I haven't slept much since then and feel this is going to set me back: I signed up for a week long computer class next Monday to Friday, a few hours each day, and may have a job interview.. I'm walking carefully when my thigh hurts yet it's noticeable.
 
Last edited:
Good morning! Reading past comments I noticed I didn't reply to @Jamie and @Layla and a few other members about peanut butter and eliminating sugar and trying not to have gluten products and/or bread. I apologize and am still trying to get the hang of this thread (no pun intended).

Thank you again for alerting me to signs of heart disease @mendogal. I'm staying home today with ice, heat and maybe a nap as I'm overtired. It's terribly stressful to look for work. I'd anticipated finding something part time in January.

Everyone has input about knee replacement. Earlier the nurse at one provider's office called me about an unrelated-to-knee issue yet saw I had a knee replacement (her office is in the same group as the hospital where I had surgery). She told me about her husband's progress with both knee in a short time; I listened. At nearly five months post op I'm happy my knee can bend under the covers and that I no longer waddle due to scooter incident. The cards I'm dealt today include a tight right quad and no patella pain; I'll take them. Knowing I can do something, even if not today, is enough for me.
 
No worries…..there is no requirement to respond to posts made by other members or staff unless you want to and have something to tell us.
 
Hi, late note today. This morning I went to the police station to pick up a copy of the amended report; the officer included everything I said this time. I also contacted my GI doctor as I have a gnawing pain in my chest. It's not as sharp as it was previous days; however, I stopped using the comfrey salve on my op knee and and am using Arnicare on the bruised knee. Maybe the gnawing feeling will go away on its own. Leg slides are pain free more times than not when I'm laying down. I decided to stay with my surgeon and not return to PT as I don't want another setback. This is my second chance and cost me two months. I've learned so much from this forum about movement and how overdoing execrise can be counterproductive.
Thank you. :thankyou:
 
Last edited:
HI hi, it's late Saturday afternoon, nearly evening. Hope everyone's enjoying the weekend. We finally move the clocks tonight/tomorrow early morning. I've not posted yet as I didn't want to whine since today got off to a painful start. Rainy weather hardly bothered my op knee; the leg that was rammed with the scooter hurts so much. As days pass by it hurts more just below the knee. I'm wearing a compression sock on that leg because my left shoes are tight, something I didn't expect to happen or forgot that it might happen. Thigh pain is less when I walk so I did that around the apartment. Today I was not nice. I saw the scooter person disobeying rules of the garage: cars entering from the street are given right of way, yet he proceeded down the ramp in said scooter and ignored that I'd started driving into the garage. Of course I stopped. By the time I got into the elevator in the basement with my groceries he was at the lobby, probably to check his mail, and ready to drive into the elevator. I did not move and stood there, pushed the 'door close' button, then pushed every button so the elevator would go up to eight, then stop at every floor before going back to the lobby. I got off at my floor. Oh well. The chest pain is gone; I stopped using the comfrey salve. Wish the bruises on my left leg didn't hurt so much. Tonight I'm going to soak a washcloth in warm water with Epsom salt and apply that below my knee.
 
Last edited:
I guess this means this "gentleman" is off your Christmas card list. :rotfl:

Seriously, you need to make a complaint. There needs to be a sign to designate who has right of way in the garage. And this guy needs a warning from your management now that he has two issues in this short a time period. Someone else is going to get hurt. Make sure you continue to get checked out if the pain isn't lessening or if anything new pops up.
 
I guess this means this "gentleman" is off your Christmas card list. :rotfl:

Seriously, you need to make a complaint. There needs to be a sign to designate who has right of way in the garage. And this guy needs a warning from your management now that he has two issues in this short a time period. Someone else is going to get hurt. Make sure you continue to get checked out if the pain isn't lessening or if anything new pops up.
You're right. I did complain and wrote to the coop board again about him ignoring the sign near the large garage door (where cars go in and out) that says cars entering have right of way. If I'd been spiteful, then I'd have driven in. Knowing him, he wouldn't budge. I didn't want an accident to happen. My surgeon said apply ice or heat, whichever feels better, and the new surgeon only said it will heal on its own. Shall I contact my primary care physician? She'll refer me to ortho. I'm emailing my surgeon and shall ask him to look at the xrays the hospital took last week. The ER doctor said they look good. It's muscular in my thigh; the area below the knee has two blue bruises on either side. My right shoulder blade was annoying me and felt better after I showered. Don't know why I feel a twinge in my left groin as that hip joint is six years old next week. I'm sure it's soft tissue pain. If I had money, then I'd get a personal injury lawyer. Wish I could get my neighbor on tape telling me she thinks he did it on purpose, that "he knew exactly what he was doing." I didn't need this as it's taking my focus and my energy off the op knee that needs attention. I'm lucky I didn't hit my head against the basement floor.
 
Last edited:
Maybe he did get a notice about his past encounter with you and was taking it out on you when he saw your car. Is he nasty like this to others or has he been this way in the past to you? Does he have anyone who lives with him that can help?

Many personal injury attorneys will take a good case at no cost to you if you want to try that. It sounds to me like he has some mental issues and shouldn't be driving a scooter out by himself. Just be sure to file a written complaint every time something happens and ask what action was taken each time. If the management is not taking any action, you can file a complaint higher up within their company or probably to some entity in your city government.
 
Just keep a watch on things with your injuries and make sure nothing is worsening. That would be your clue to see your GP. The bruises should not be getting larger and should start to change color from the blue. Did anyone xray your shoulder? That should happen if it continues to hurt.
 
Maybe he did get a notice about his past encounter with you and was taking it out on you when he saw your car. Is he nasty like this to others or has he been this way in the past to you? Does he have anyone who lives with him that can help?

Many personal injury attorneys will take a good case at no cost to you if you want to try that. It sounds to me like he has some mental issues and shouldn't be driving a scooter out by himself. Just be sure to file a written complaint every time something happens and ask what action was taken each time. If the management is not taking any action, you can file a complaint higher up within their company or probably to some entity in your city government.
I contacted a local personal injury firm, and someone will get back to me. If it does not do contingency work, at least the consultation is free, and I'll know what to ask another lawyer who may do contingency work.
 
Last edited:
Many personal injury attorneys will take a good case at no cost to you if you want to try that. It sounds to me like he has some mental issues and shouldn't be driving a scooter out by himself. Just be sure to file a written complaint every time something happens and ask what action was taken each time. If the management is not taking any action, you can file a complaint higher up within their company or probably to some entity in your city government.
He was always friendly, never mean or spiteful. I have no idea why he ran into me. Thank you for the tip about attorneys. I'm documenting everything that happens.
 
Last edited:
Just keep a watch on things with your injuries and make sure nothing is worsening. That would be your clue to see your GP. The bruises should not be getting larger and should start to change color from the blue. Did anyone xray your shoulder? That should happen if it continues to hurt.
The bruises on my leg are lighter. I'll email my surgeon about shoulder xrays as I'm noticing it now.
 
The shoulder is probably nothing, but you need to know for sure.
 
Have you thought about trying to have a discussion with this guy and explain calmly how you were injured but also how much it hurt to feel like he didn’t have any concern for you (only after you would be able to talk about it without getting upset.). Maybe start with the wife? I am wondering if he may have any cognitive or medication issues. Even though you are clearly the injured party (literally and figuratively) it would be even worse to start a feud that could go on for years with someone you are going to see fairly often. Better to resolve things early than let them fester.
 
Have you thought about trying to have a discussion with this guy and explain calmly how you were injured but also how much it hurt to feel like he didn’t have any concern for you (only after you would be able to talk about it without getting upset.). Maybe start with the wife? I am wondering if he may have any cognitive or medication issues. Even though you are clearly the injured party (literally and figuratively) it would be even worse to start a feud that could go on for years with someone you are going to see fairly often. Better to resolve things early than let them fester.
I told building management, I'm doing my best to avoid him and hope he doesn't injure anyone else with either his scooter or his SUV.
 
Last edited:
I totally understand and agree that it is important that he be made to understand that he needs to use safety precautions on the scooter- and really it might be good for him to understand that he has already injured someone and it could be even worse another time. I was just thinking about what you said about your previous relationship with the couple and it’s sort of incomprehensible to me how he is not (at least visibly) concerned. That’s what made me wonder about his cognitive functioning. Hard to imagine how he would fully understand what happened and not feel bad about it.
 
I totally understand and agree that it is important that he be made to understand that he needs to use safety precautions on the scooter- and really it might be good for him to understand that he has already injured someone and it could be even worse another time. I was just thinking about what you said about your previous relationship with the couple and it’s sort of incomprehensible to me how he is not (at least visibly) concerned. That’s what made me wonder about his cognitive functioning. Hard to imagine how he would fully understand what happened and not feel bad about it.
You're right. Anyone would be concerned, especially if the person hit was knocked to the ground. I understand what you are saying.
 
Last edited:
I would like to ask us not to speculate on the state of mind or possible deficits of others and rather to focus on mutual support.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom