Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

I've been working the last four days but off today. I can't elevate my legs at work so with traveling that would be about 11 hours at a time. I've taken Tylenol. I don't take tramadol while at work because I'm at nurse and I wouldn't want to be slowed by it. I have also been given disclose ice to take 3 times a day but I take it in the morning and night because of GI problems. I see my doctor Tuesday after work.
 
I'm a week behind you and still bothered with the swelling also. I was wondering about wearing lightweight support pantyhose?? My knee swells like a sauage as I stand for any length of time or sit! Grrrrr! I can't take any codeine or oxycotin so they put me on Demerol. It worked for me and Ive had a pain free recovery, just tightness with the swelling! I'll be anxious to see if you come up with a solution! I ice and elevate every day after lunch, then by late afternoon, the sausage legs are back!
 
@Thesoutherncook As soon as I figure out the answer I'll let you know. I didn't have much problem with swelling before this week but I had it elevated several times a day then. This is just driving me crazy!!!:beg:
 
I totally understand! I have a mammogram Monday in the same bldg with my OS. I plan to pop in and have a chat with someone there about this swelling. Everyone keeps telling me it will eventually go away. I'm just not convinced. I also get short of breath when the swelling starts. That's scary.
 
I also get short of breath but I thought it was mostly because I might be out of shape. I'm wondering now about that because I could ride the bike at PT at a good clip and do all the exercises but never felt out of breath there. I'll be going straight to the OS Tuesday after work. He's only across the parking lot. I won't have to describe it to him!
 
@Josephine I realiz d I didn't totally answer your question so here it is. I have Tylenol extra strength 1000mg every 6 hours as needed. Tramadol is 50mg every six but as I stated above I only take it at night. I'm on a med for another medical problem that actually breaks down the tramadol in twice the normal rate so it's more like taking 25mg for me. Isn't there anything then to use to stop my legs from swelling?
 
I also have a massively swollen foot which started this week after I went back to work full-time at a desk. My knee doesn't seem to be much more swollen than it has been all these weeks but my foot is definitely disgustingly swollen. I too am really over this.


TKR 08/26/15

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
The pain in my lower leg is better today. I did nothing yesterday because of the pain and how swollen it was. I'm not sure what I'm going to do next week when I go back to work. I was able to schedule myself to have off Wednesday to break up the week. I'm having a MRI of my other knee today. I just can't see me going through all this again. I probably should have had both done at the same time. I'm worried that he is going to want to replace it right away.
 
Don't forget that it is totally up to you when to do the next knee. I did mine 12 weeks apart this year. It seems to be working pretty well. But I was very fortunate that my first knee recovered very rapidly. My second knee is a little slower, but I am only 5 and a half weeks out, and can really see the end in sight. It just comes down to how much pain you're dealing with every day. Next year is looking very bright to me.
 
The 'old' knee works most of the time and then it gets very painful and feels like all the parts are out of line.
 
I seem to live with those unicorns. Stairs at 1 week, driving back to work at 2. :)
For some it is true Celle ,nor everybody's recoveries are the same , so yes it is possible and becoming more the norm as knee replacement surgery gets more refined ,I feel my surgeon with his skills in minimally invasive surgery is the primary reason I was walking with no cane at 2 days steps up and down at 6 days and back to work (railroad) at 3 weeks ,it is possible
 
I had some distraction this evening. My 3 wonderful daughters and my 2 sons-in-law came out and took me to dinner for my birthday. I don't get so see them as often as I like since they are all more than 2 hours away. My youngest daughter is staying over night so I'll be able to see her again in the morning. It's the little things in life that mean the most!
 
I've been very tired and just worn out all day today. It's like someone just drained all my energy. I still have laundry to do before I go to sleep. I'm going to try again to sleep in my bed tonight but if I have problems I'll be back to my recliner again. I have work in the morning. Fortunately I can set my own hours for tomorrow. I'll probably go in at 730 so I'll be done at 4 pm. I plan to take Wednesday off and only have to work 4 days. I just wish I could have a place and time to elevate and ice but I can't. I'll have ice ready as soon as I get home!!
 
:giggle: I'm glad I could provide entertainment for the gang tonite!
That drained feeling comes and goes... It's part of the roller coaster ride. I hope tomorrow goes well at work. It's a shame there's no place to ice and / or elevate.... think creatively.... .?? :scratch:
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom