Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

Your ROM sounds great! Sorry to hear you are still having pain down your leg. That is frustrating after everything you have been through.


RTKR January 6 2016
LTKR March 23 2016

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
12 weeks and also 11 months on the same day? I had my original TKR 11 months ago today. I had my revision 12 weeks ago today. I have very mixed emotions. I think that I would be all finished with my TKR and back into life without thinking about my knee all the time but I'm not there I'm 12 weeks out. I'm very pleased overall where I am. I never got to feeling this well at all for the entire 8 months I had that original knee. I remember the days after work that it took me quite some time to get my leg into the car without screaming out loud and scaring patients. That was with my seat all the way back too. I couldn't sleep at night because of the pain. I actually was worse off after the surgery than before. Then I found my new OS. It actually was luck because I was considering going to a major city (NYC or Philadelphia) to get some help after my original OS said I wasn't feeling as bad as I reported to him because everything was great with the knee. As soon as I met my new OS I felt confident in his abilities. It seemed everywhere I went I heard so many stories about him helping to fix the problems caused by other OS. He promised to me that he would always listen to what I said and he was true to his word. My ROM is 3 and 127. This is far better than it was pre surgery and the best I've had in many years.
I go back to work next week. I have long days in my job but I know it will be much better now than pre revision. All I can say to those early in recovery is that you will get there. There are bump as in the road along the way but eventually we get to our destination. If you truly think something is wrong don't sit and wait go get a second opinion. I saw my new OS at 6 months out so there are doctors that will see you that soon after your original TKR. Don't be silent about problems. We have to advocate for ourselves.
 
That's a great report for 12 weeks, Marian. :yes!::happydance::spin:

I'm so glad that the revision is a success.
Best wishes for you return to work. We both know that those long shift will be a trial at first, but with this revised knee you should do much better.
 
Good luck as you go back to work. Hopefully you'll stay busy and it will keep your mind off your knee. Before you know it, it will become part of a normal day. Keep us posted on how it goes!
 
I got very nauseous after dinner tonight and keep running back and forth to the ladies room. I haven't been able to sleep at all. Of course tomorrow morning I'm supposed to see my OS. I know if I cancel its very hard to get another appointment with him because he is always booked up for a month or two ahead. I'm not taking anything other than Tylenol today. I had to resort to taking an antacid and a little later some Zofran for nausea. So far I'm still not feeling very well. It's close to 4 am. I had the tv on and off and tried some music but here I am. I'll probably fall asleep right before I have to get up and get ready to go. I also have a psychiatrist visit at 5 pm. So this is probably the worse day to feel like that. I guess I did too much today. I went out for ah hour and then went to the large grocery store and bought a whole cart full of food to stock by freezer. I just don't know what to do. :dead:
 
I hope you are feeling better today. I notice that a good day allows me to do too much. So a bad day often follows. It is still hard to gauge how much is too much!


RTKR January 6 2016
LTKR March 23 2016

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I hope you're feeling better, Marian and able to see the OS. We have a bit of a stomach flu going here in western PA. Could it be a touch of the flu?
 
Dear Marion I really feel for you, it is truly lowering to have something else on top of a TKR and to have it happen just when you need to be better. Doesn't this always seem to happen. I hope you get to see your OS. Lots of hugs.:elevate: Hope you feel much better by now.
 
Just catching up. Congrats on the new bike!! Gravel riding is very fun. I bought a new bike to do just that.

It took me about 8 months to feel "normal" on the bike on the road. I've done two races and even last week, I STILL had the "if I fall my knee will shatter into pieces" thoughts going on. So don't get down on yourself about being cautious or afraid on the bike. It will come.
 
Marion I hope you are feeling much better and am able to do the things you need to do today.
 
@KarriB Thats a possibility. I didn't fall asleep until 430 am because of it. I think I just passed out!

@ironclm My bike is a hybrid model. Basically a fancy old ladies bike. I think my problem riding is from the fact I have only used recumbent bikes at PT and I'm a lot heavier than the last time I've ridden a bike. I've got my trainer put together finally ( like putting ikea furniture together!) and getting used to riding it indoors now and then I'll go out a bit more here.

I did see my OS today for my 3 month checkup. He was very happy with my recovery. He told me I had better ROM than he had expected me to get. I asked him about a few spots where I still have some minor pain and he told me he had to do fairly extensive soft tissue work to get my kneecap to where it's supposed to be ( put there by old OS). So he said I'll probably have some low level pain for a while but by a year I won't even think about my knee any more. He also told me I will have some swelling for quite a while but it will decrease as time goes by. The pain in my lower leg ( which really feels like a sunburn) will always also decrease. I don't have to go back until my 1 year check up in March.

I can't help but think I've done so well this time without all the prayers and well wishes which led me to this OS who was then able to help me so much. I thanked him but I think I owe all of my friends a bigger thanks. You've kept me sane while going through all this. I especially want to thank @Josephine and all the moderators and administrators of this site for their invaluable expertise. I plan to try to keep up with this forum and offer moral support to those going through the same things I have. Thanks again to everyone!!!
 
I hope you're feeling a bit better now, Marian. Maybe you picked up a little tummy bug? These things seem to hit at the worst possible time.
 
I can't help but think I've done so well this time without all the prayers and well wishes which led me to this OS who was then able to help me so much. I thanked him but I think I owe all of my friends a bigger thanks. You've kept me sane while going through all this. I especially want to thank @Josephine and all the moderators and administrators of this site for their invaluable expertise. I plan to try to keep up with this forum and offer moral support to those going through the same things I have. Thanks again to everyone!!!
That's so nice, Marian. It's good to get a pat on the head now and then!
[Bonesmart.org] Totally recovered at last!
 
Im so sorry for your feeling lousy. I hope you are feeling a bit better. The OS report seemed like he was happy with your progress. I hope that gives you some mental/ emotional encouragement at least. Take it easy today. Feel better.
 
Congratulations, a well- deserved report. Now you just need to practice on the bike and take lots of deep breaths in the lead up to your first day back at work but you seem definitely poised for success...No problem.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Felt much better today. Ran a few errands and road my bike on the trainer for a very short time. I found myself walking fairly quickly today when I walked out into the parking lot from my eye doctor appointment it was raining. I almost broke into a trot! I walked up a steep incline at one point without any thought. And I also walked down with no problems. It's full speed ahead for me. I'm very happy.
 
Wonderful news, Marian. You've been through enough, and I'm so glad to hear things are on the right track.
 
:yay::happydance: I just received the best news about my oldest daughter. She got back her biopsy report and thank God it shows that she does not have cancer!! It was just two benign growths. I feel like I can take a deep breath again. Thanks again for the prayers. They worked!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom