Thank you everyone for your kind words and for caring. I, too have a fondness for those of you who have followed my recover, as I've followed yours! I have your profiles marked as "follow," so I get to read all your posts & updates, no matter how frequent or infrequent they might be.
@Suz thanks for the kind words and the words of encouragement. I recognize you just had surgery and I will go in a re-read your recovery notes. BoneSmart helps so much, it really does. I have you marked as "follow," so this will make it easier for me to track your progress and posts!
@Macknit you are always so encouraging, positive and kind. I smile when I read about you and your family. You are obviously such a loving, kind and MUCH LOVED person...and I can see why. I am on a second marriage, no children, no grandchildren, no step-children. I have a sister in NJ, who I rarely speak to (long story) and one niece (this sister's daughter) with whom I am very close...along with my niece's 6 year old son. It's lonely and difficult at times but I've always managed somehow. I try not to over-rely on my husband (or anyone), so reaching out is hard for me. I've always been industrious, independent and self-sufficient. I realize there are times I MUST reach out and rely on the kindness of strangers...hard for me to do.
@flacie1 thank you for commenting and for checking in. I've been wondering about you, too. As I woke this morning, I actually thought about YOU and a few other folks who have already returned to work at 6 weeks. Yes, there is so much therapeutic about work and returning to that routine, a place where we find satisfaction, purpose and socialization. Yet, it's GOTTA BE HARD to sleep restlessly, wake with pain and move on with a routine. You also care for your son and family...you are a strong one, woman.
@Helizabug thank you for understanding! I appreciate it a whole lot.
@Celle thank you for once again taking the time to post. I've read your information and I am taking heed. Thank you.
So, as I wait for the Air Cast Thigh Cuff to arrive, I decided to give the thing another whirl with the Knee Cuff. I freeze three x 2-cup plastic containers with water and I take those frozen blocks, smash the last one up, fit all the ice in the canister and top the canister off with water )to the fill line) and some additional crushed ice. Saves us from having to fetch bags of ice from a local store 'cause we do not have an ice-maker. I re-position the knee cuff where it feels most comfortable and I place a ripped t-shirt piece under it all, as a barrier to my skin. Yes, icing DEFINITELY helps.
I definitely need to rest, ice & elevate more regularly and take acetaminophen on a regular basis.
I am not ambulating without the assistance of my cane. Haven't used my walker in several weeks, though. But my gait is still off, so I require the assistance of a cane to walk.
Yesterday was a bad day but today is better. It's up 'n down but we'll make it.
Cannot thank everyone enough for posting & caring.
