THR tomorrow's the day !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really wonderful to hear you are up and moving - and feeling better! Next step is going home :) And won't that be delightful!!!!
 
brit1chick.....I'm just catching up with the whirlwind you've been through so far. But I'm glad to hear you are making progress. Just remember that it can come rather slowly sometimes. But, all in all, it sounds like you're doing just fine. And, YOU'RE WALKING!!! Whooop! Whoop!!!
 
Congratulations!!!!!

I too had problems, they gave me Percocets and I was SICK!!!! Thankfully I was able to switch to Vicoden and Celebrex (only down to 1 Vicoden a day at bedtime !!!)

It's amazing how you feel after surgery, groggy, achy. The more that you move the better you'll feel, remember to take it easy, this is a long road, you'll be AOK!

Congrats again, and here is the best to a speedy recovery!
 
Managed to get out of bed without any help, paid a few visits to the bathroom, so bye bye bed pan ! Going to have a shower in a minute then I think I will be up walking !!! Thanks to everyone for their kind words x x x
 
Every day, new accomplishments! Keep up the good work and you will be able to look back soon and see the progress. Slow and steady wins this race...(although not really a race, just a new lease on life without pain). All the best to you.
 
Every day, new accomplishments! Keep up the good work and you will be able to look back soon and see the progress. Slow and steady wins this race...(although not really a race, just a new lease on life without pain). All the best to you.

Couldn't have put it better myself britchick remeber when you get the ok to go home have some of this :sleepz: as it really is important to take things easy when you get home. you will have good days and possibly some bad.
If you feel tired the best place to relax is your bed not the couch.
You seem a lot happier so don't try and to much to quickly take care.

Billy
 
Honestly, I have never slept so much in my life, its been blissful. The girl taking my x ray today was only out of the room for a minute, but it was a good chance for some more shut eye !
Doing the stairs tomorrow, then I think I may be ready to go home, although I could get used to all this pampering !
 
So glad you are getting that all important rest brit! Have fun on the stairs!
 
Hi Britchick,

You sound like your doing better, the pain pills must be working well now! Glad you got to have a shower, I think the shower is the best feeling after the surgery! I felt the same way about being in the hospital bing pampered it was so nice! Going home is good too. Love you are sleeping I've always thought sleeping is the most natural way to recover and heal.

Sending you lots of love,

Sarah
 
Brilliant that you are getting on so well, you will soon be home, then you can really start on the recovery. xx<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
 
Honestly, I have never slept so much in my life, its been blissful. The girl taking my x ray today was only out of the room for a minute, but it was a good chance for some more shut eye !
Doing the stairs tomorrow, then I think I may be ready to go home, although I could get used to all this pampering !

Mind and get your meds sorted out before you leave as there have been a couple of hippies sent home with not enough meds until they get to their own gp britchick so make sure everything is in place.
Also make sure to get some dressings as well to change your pads if needed.
The dreaded stairs you will manage fine the physio will talk you throught it so you understand.
Keep us updated when you get home if you have problems as we are all here to help.
 
:thumb: I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better, Britchick :) The stairs should be no problem now that the pain is under control. I too liked the pampering ..... but did not like getting wakened at odd hours for checking BP and other things. I was glad to get home where I could sleep as long and as often as I wanted to :th_heehee: Having your family and friends pamper you - and doing some self pampering - is great fun too :biggrin:
 
I am so glad your are feeling better Britchick.
Once you are home you won't be woke up at all hours of the night. I also liked the pampering and not having to worry about anything while at the hospital.
You will be fine with the steps. I had to do them also as I have a couple of steps to get into my house.
Bea
 
The only downside to all this sleeping is the crazy dreams I keep having. I keep dreaming I am tripping up but I kick out to save myself in real life and wake myself up . And then ny leg hurts for about ten mnutes cos I jerked it so hard !
 
Hi Brit, isn't it fantastic with no bone on bone pain. Sounds like you are doing famously - well done! xx Sandy
 
Hi B1C (have you got a real name?)

Funny about the dreams I get a similar thing!
My dreams are very vivid maybe it's the painkillers?
I also have the dream kick reflex perhaps the subconscious brain thinks we're going to dislocate if we relax too much?!
I also have an issue at the moment with tight muscles. When I'm asleep I think the muscles actually start relaxing and for reasons best know to my idiot subconscious it won't allow it. So I get woken up as my quads go into "super spasm" ..... granite is like putty compared to my quads when it happens!
I'm sure we're not alone with this reflex stuff there's probably hundreds of twitching Hippies out there:loll:

All the best

Charlie
 
The only downside to all this sleeping is the crazy dreams I keep having. I keep dreaming I am tripping up but I kick out to save myself in real life and wake myself up . And then ny leg hurts for about ten mnutes cos I jerked it so hard !

Time to change your deams bitchick think about how you will be going home soon and how you are gradually going to get your life back.to normality.
Focus on how you will get through your recovery, nice thoughts and how you will enjoy your time in the future.
Take Care Billy
 
Hi Brit.. yep difficult to program the brain to have fun dreams, have you tried going to sleep with music? I have had success with a deeper sleep with my iPod playing gentle music in my ear..

When do you get to go home.. That will be your next positive milestone.. You are doing so well :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom