Tomorrow check in 7:45 am . 2nd hip replacement 12 weeks out

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not red of swollen or smells or got pus coming out cause I pushed it. My nurse said it just talking a little longer to heal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That's good. They told me the same thing when I inquired about if it would drain. You should be fine. :)
 
Thanks I'm starting to juice today making my own vegetable juice . Mostly all vegetables. I'm going on a 60 day juice fast so I can reboot my system detoxify my body and become a vegan so I can loose the extra weight. Want these new hips to last 30 or more years. I'm 45 now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That's great! You'll feel fantastic. I lost some weight before the surgery and have a little more to lose now. I agree- want the hip to last 30 years!
 
Being able to walk without pain is a great leap forward, so to speak :)
Once you get the drain problem sorted, you'll be well on your way!
 
Yes I thank you this morning for your words of encouragement. I'm looking forward to getting my mobility back and dependence. We have a lot of living to do. Thank God its really not a lot of drainage. Only specks where the incision has not totally closed yet. We got living and laughing and good times ahead of us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That's the goal waterman1. It's healing but just a slow.. almost completely closed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@jebrig3164 Great 3 week update....My 3 week will be posted soon. I am so glad you are doing well, and our buds from the April 30th day seem to be doing ok :)....May you continue to stay healthy and stronger everyday my friend. All my best...Sue :)
 
Hello everyone my incision is healing very slowly and I have a two small parts that is not totally closed. I keep it covered and change it often. My surgeon said it is looking good and he is not worried about it. I was wondering if I put some anti bacterial cream on it would it help? I have some called Mupirocin ointment, usp 2%. What do you guys think?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
I wouldn't put anything on your incision @jebrig3164 . I was told to keep my incision covered and dry. Let's tag @Josephine and see what the nurse recommends.
 
Thanks very much for your information. It's not drainage bad. Not much just a few spots that's not all the closed yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
never ever put creams, lotions, potions or ointments on a new-ish wound. Specially ones that you already have in your cupboard and have been opened and previously use. They are likely to be contaminated and you don't want to introduce bugs to your wound! :no-fin:


Also, you don't need to quote a post every time to reply to it, so please don't do that.
Just scoot on down to the bottom of the page and start typing!
 
I put just a dab on there barely enough to even see it. I will change it now. Thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
Hi @jebrig3164 I contacted Emory last week about that. Surgeon's nurse said, "Keep it clean and dry." Hope that helps! He said it was normal to have small amount of drainage. Hope that helps!
 
Thanks younghippie it makes a big difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
Hey Jebrig what do you mean it's not healed up yet? Is it sore to the touch? How many weeks since surgery? Anybody have the same problem out there you have talked to?
 
No it's not sore to touch and it's not red and it's just about healed up completely. I will be 4 weeks out this Wednesday. My surgeon said he is not worried and sometimes it heals slow completely. He said if it was red and sore to touch and had pus coming out of it that he would be worried. But it looks good except a couple of very very small openings .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
This is all new territory for us, so from what I have read every surgery is different for the bilateral crew. Just do what the doc says, and don't sleep on it, maybe. I am still mostly on my back cuz I know the second one is coming, might as well be ready, right? Are you still sleeping mostly on your back?
 
Yea I'm still on back but no pain at all and sleeping good. I'm getting around a whole lot better now. I can walk with one cane around the house .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom