Tomorrow check in 7:45 am . 2nd hip replacement 12 weeks out

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jebrig3164 What did they do at post op appointment today? Did they have you get up on the table? Check ROM or anything like that?
 
@jebrig3164 How wonderful to read that you are doing so well. When I got on BS in January yours was one of the first threads I read. I could feel your despair and pain as you awaited your first surgery? Reading your recovery and witnessing your great faith gave me such hope as I waited for my op in March. Here we are in June - all done and on our way, with all our BS friends, to new, active and pain free living. We are truly Blessed. Joyce


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@jebrig3164 How wonderful to read that you are doing so well. When I got on BS in January yours was one of the first threads I read. I could feel your despair and pain as you awaited your first surgery? Reading your recovery and witnessing your great faith gave me such hope as I waited for my op in March. Here we are in June - all done and on our way, with all our BS friends, to new, active and pain free living. We are truly Blessed. Joyce


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®


Thank you and I give all Glory to Jesus. I'm glad your doing great and yes we are very bless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
@jebrig3164 What did they do at post op appointment today? Did they have you get up on the table? Check ROM or anything like that?



Yes they did. checked incision and checked motion and watched me walk. took X rays and checked them out. Said he will see me next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
@jebrig3164 - such great news!! I'm so happy for you and hope you will keep improving and be able to get back to a normal life again! You've been such an asset and support to others here too. Thanks for letting us know the news!
 
@jebrig3164 - such great news!! I'm so happy for you and hope you will keep improving and be able to get back to a normal life again! You've been such an asset and support to others here too. Thanks for letting us know the news!



Thank you very very much. I appreciate you kind words and support. We who have had hip replacements know the pain and suffering and we also know the hopes and desires to regaining our mobility and independence back. Each one reach one here were all connected by the struggle. ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
Jeff, great report!
Glad to hear you will becoming a full time pastor. That is perfect for you!
 
Jeff, great report!
Glad to hear you will becoming a full time pastor. That is perfect for you!


Thank you very much. I'm about to go for a walk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
Well tomorrow will be 2 months sense my left hip replacement and 5 months for my right hip replacement. I had the anterior approach about 6 inches scar on both front legs. I am doing excellent and moving with ease . No pain walking 2 miles a day. And able to do majority of the things I use to. I am able to walk sleep without pain. Still stiff some and numbness is still there but not as bad. I'm climbing stairs I can even touch my toes..... I use to weigh 600 lbs lost 300 then needed but hips replaced. Now I'm back on my weight loss and looking to be under 200 by my birthday in November. Yes you can have your life back and even a better life than before. So don't chicken out because of the risk hip replacement surgery has if your obese. Trust God,and go for it. Life is worth living ....... be encouraged family on your journey......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thats awesome. The weight loss and two new hips allowing you to move without pain.
 
Thanks Joel

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
Jeff, what a great testament to your faith in God and seeing it all through to the wonderful benefits.
 
Jeff, what a great testament to your faith in God and seeing it all through to the wonderful benefits.



Thank you for your encouraging words

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
@jebrig3164.
Your story is so inspiring! I can't wait to be on this side as well exclaiming about how my hip replacement changed my life! I can't wait to get back to walking without pain! I am so happy to have met you in the short time (3 days:) and your my inspiration as I push forward and refuse to let my weight issue be a barrier to my THR.
Take care and God Bless
 
@jebrig3164.
Your story is so inspiring! I can't wait to be on this side as well exclaiming about how my hip replacement changed my life! I can't wait to get back to walking without pain! I am so happy to have met you in the short time (3 days:) and your my inspiration as I push forward and refuse to let my weight issue be a barrier to my THR.
Take care and God Bless


Thank you my friend . Be encouraged and fight the good fight of faith. There is a whole lot of living to do for us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
Hey Jebrig, man o man been wanting to talk to you. I did it, now on Day 9 since surgery. Feeling better every day. Thanks to you for all your kind words over the last couple of months, glad to hear both hips are working for you. I picked up a sock from the floor today, smiling and thinking of you... :)
 
Hey Jebrig, man o man been wanting to talk to you. I did it, now on Day 9 since surgery. Feeling better every day. Thanks to you for all your kind words over the last couple of months, glad to hear both hips are working for you. I picked up a sock from the floor today, smiling and thinking of you... :)


Man I am glad that you are doing fine and on your way to recovery. I just came in from walking about 1 and half miles. I usually do more but got a full plate today. Picking that sock up off the floor just made a smile come across your face didn't it? Man I'm tieing my shoes now. It's only been 2 months sense my surgery. It's only get better and better friend. Be encouraged our future looks bright......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
Wish we were all in one big room, watching and helping each other get better every day!! My PT guy and I took my first walk down my driveway with crutches today, how about that...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom