TKR on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
And --thank this board for all posts. I live alone --lots of friends helping and supporting. All info helped me prepare my home--shower, toilet, meds etc. thanks everyone.
 
Beesknees, You are only 5 days out from your surgery and are on tylenol arthritis is that what the hospital gave you to go home with?God bless you I know i was on harder drugs for some time after.
 
I agree dont sit in pain. If you need it take it. If you have any questions at all please post here. All we want is for you to get better . Your in my prayers......Glad you have some help.........Kim
 
i take arthritis tylenol and then next week probably darvocet 1 hour before pt on wed. and friday. i am taking it slow --luckily baseball is on t.v.

And is that controlling the pain enough?

Gives me the shudders just trying to think about managing with that!
 
Beesknees,
Sorry, not trying to be ugly but, Either you are my hero or you are nuts!! Only tylenol for pain! I am now 8 days out of RTKR and I have come off of the really strong meds (oxycodone 5-325 mgs), and am now taking the mid-meds(Hydrocodone 10-325mgs). I supplement with the extra strength Tylenol.

My PT is going well, getting stronger everyday but, at times I still have some pretty intense pains. I should get the staples out tomorrow and hopefully PT will be easier.

Hang in there and let me know how you are handling that PAIN!!

P.S. I am 51 and normally very active helping with high school cheerleading and basketball. The knee put a stop to that this last year. I hope to get back in there in the fall.
 
I guess i am suprised as much as many are --Today is day 14, got my staples out, had new xrays and all looked A o.k. PT on thurs and friday was challenging. I was able do do most exercises. I take 1 darvocet at night and 625 mg tylenol during the day. I'm walking w/o cane and feel pretty good. i do take fish oil. Doc said i may be able to drive next week. yeah!
 
beesknees, I went off the prescription pain meds after about a week and a half. I didn't enjoy the pain of surgery, but the effects of the meds were more bothersome to me. I think we all handle pain differently. I could deal with the pain. I couldn't deal with the constipation and nausea of the Vicodin.

I'm glad you're doing well! You rock!
 
Wow you are doing great. And well ahead of a lot. (esp. Me)
The doc would not let me come off the cane until the 5th week or so.

I still have to use it when I over do and esp. when the weather changes. Both knees start up and it just makes it less stress for them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom