TKR on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beast & Ski,
Welcome!!! This is the best place to have found. I wish that I had found it sooner. But I know I am Blessed to have found such wonderful friends.
 
Thanks Jamie and Calling-
Right now the plan is 3 days in the hospital and then probably a rehab facility--not sure for how long. I guess it depends on how I'm doing. Hubby would rather I come right home but I think that will be too much for him. I'm such a planner that it's hard to have all these questions. I keep telling myself "let go and let God" but I'm not listening very well-LOL
Thanks, again, and Blessings to you all,
Irene
 
Hi Irene, You are certainly in my prayers. I am sure everything will be fine. Yes it was a lil overwhelming for my husband at first. Kinda funny to . He tried to take my daughter to football practice and my son to cheer..Lol .Honest.. But he did great as yours will be terrific as well........ I will be thinking of you wishing you a speedy recovery......Kim
 
Kim--
That's as good as the year my dear hubby actually registered himself for preschool instead of our youngest daughter. It turned out OK as the class had many more boys than girls so the teachers were very happy to have Laurie rather than Steve in their class.
Thanks and Blessings,
Irene
 
That has got to be the funniest thing I ever heard!
 
I also learned to be specific when I made out the grocery list for my husband. I put "bananas" on the list, thinking 4-5 of them. But he said they were on special on got 18. Can we say banana bread ? There are only the two of us.He also got a 3 lb stick of summer sausage, and huge keg of herring ( he said it looked good). Gotta love the guy for trying.

Then I started writing brands and sizes very specifically. At 7 weeks I went myself and found if I went twice a week and got smaller amounts of groceries, I can manage OK by myself.
 
Sticker that was absolutly to funny, oh the men....sorry I so loved that story. And dont be worried about your surgery you will be fine. Just think of the advise you would give to someone else. You are a very caring lady, we will be right here for ya !!!!!!!!Kim
 
Stives...did you decide on that cruise to the place you showed me...That place is gorgeous..............Congrats if you did............Kim
 
Lakelover....what a funny story about your hubbie shopping!! I'm still laughing! I don't dare send Chris unchaperoned to the store or he comes home with all KINDS of odd things! Must be something about the Thrill of the Hunt....a guy thing.

You don't have to make all that banana bread at once....you know you can just freeze the nanners and they will be fine. You might try banana cookies too...a nice change from the bread. Chris LOVES 'em. 'Course he never met a cookie (that's biscuit for the Brits and Aussies) that he didn't like. He is the original Cookie Monster.
 
Jamie, When you freeze the bananas do you take the skin off and i never made banana cookies would you share the recipes? Cookies you cant get enough of them!
 
Skigirl,
Where are you located? I had BTKR in June of 08. I skied 8 times this year!
So, go and get it done and get your life back. Yes, it is a road of recovery, but you are getting better and are able to enjoy the things you are missing out on in life!
Best,
 
Jamie, When you freeze the bananas do you take the skin off and i never made banana cookies would you share the recipes? Cookies you cant get enough of them!

I peel 'em and mash 'em and freeze them in zip lock bags measured out and ready for either cookies or banana bread. You never have to be exact when using bananas in a recipe...more is fine. They just contribute to the moistness. I guess there would be a point where there was too much nanner in the mix, but I've been known to double what a recipe says with no problems. I'm posting the recipe in the recipe thread under Lifestyles.
 
I think this thread has got diverted a bit but if Jamie, super moderator, is contributing to the discussion on bananas then it must be OK!! I wouldn't have thought of freezing bananas, but that is a brilliant idea. Then they will be there for my biscuit (cookie!) making when I get inspired to bake.

On the same theme, we went on a coach holiday to Germany a few years ago, and a friend decided to buy 4 bananas at a local market. She didn't speak German, so tried to ask for 4 by showing her fingers. She ended up with 4 kilogrammes! One kg is 2.2 pounds in weight I think, so that's about 9 pounds of bananas. She didn't know how to say that it wasn't what she wanted, so paid for them and brought them back to the coach. We all had bananas with our morning coffee!! Now everytime we meet we remind her of the bananas - it was hilarious at the time.

Kim.....yes, the holiday to the Mediterranean is booked. There's quite a lot of strenuous walking involved! I've been looking it up on the net. We fly to Barcelona to pick up the cruise boat and call in at lots of different places. This trip is my big goal - I've got my walking poles (I put a photo of them on another thread) and I will definitely be taking them.
 
Stives that is so terrifc and I know you will make this goal.......I will be praying for you anyway but you can do it for sure.....and when you get back we will be saying Congradulations we new you could do it !!!!!!!!!!!...Kim
 
Just got diverted to change the bedlinen and put the washing machine on! It's a lovely sunny, very windy, day, so I thought I'd make the most of the good drying weather. I think the rest of the week is going to be wet!

Why are you posting at some unearthly hour in the night, your time? Can you still not sleep very well? Poor you. I hope you get those x-rays today!
 
No I can sleep and going to get some water to pour on hubbys head...He over there snoring so loud. I dont know how that doesnt wake him up? Ya he has been taking care of me all this time..And doing a great job, really now when he stands up you can here his knee crack and it takes him awhile to get up I do feel bad.......Hope down the road he doesnt need anything done...I am bad but he is worse when he gets a cold he is in bed for days, I mean its pretty bad. I dont wish this on anyone but I dont think he could make it thru a day without alot of screaming.Lol Sorry about the possible rain just cuddle up inside a relax.........That is sleeping weather........
 
Kim, your hubby sounds like a typical man on the medical front! All-colds-are-flu type! I hope for his, and anyone's, sake, that they don't have to have knee replacements , as it must be better to have what we were born with. However, when things go wrong (with me, sports-induced injuries) then it is brilliant that modern medicine can help us.

I wouldn't pour water over his head if I were you! If my hubby snores, which her does occasionally, I just push him over onto his side!!!

Are you going to get any more sleep before morning?! Have you written that list for Doctor Quack yet?
 
Stives, you are right....I did let this thread get way off topic (and even helped it along). So sorry to all. Let's make sure it stays on the topic of Thebeast's upcoming TKR. It's scheduled for tomorrow (Tuesday, May 12th). Here's hoping everything goes fast and smooth and we hear from you soon afterwards, Thebeast.
 
Wow Beast,
Just think tomorrow you will have a new knee!! Cann't wait to hear how everything goes for you!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom