Guest viewing is limited

TKR TKR on right knee at 41

Yay for a mile without problems!
 
Good deal! One of my first post-op celebrations will be when I walk my first mile.
Have you done that before, or was this the first time with the new knee?
 
Congrats! Your new life is unfolding before your very eyes, and it's a beautiful sight to behold! I can still only dream of a mile long walk. But, as they say, dreams do come true!
 
I've not had a nice long walk in years. I was very active as a child and teenager. Played a lot of sports. When I got pregnant with my twins at age 28 my knees really started declining. But he time I was 35 I was getting regular cortisone shots in them and then right at 40 had the first lateral release. I'm so happy to get my mobility back.

Today I was looking around my home a d taking inventory of what needs to done. I have slowly started cleaning everything throughly. I'm really working hard on now overdoing my knee. It's a tough balance but I think I've found a good balance for now.

My kids go back to school August 15th and I've decided to take a room a week and deep clean it. I'm one of those weird people who like cleaning my home...
 
I also played a lot of sports from childhood on up, until I hurt my knee. That ended my softball playing, my bowling (which is where I hurt my knee), and everything else but bike riding, which has also ended since my first TKR, but I'm hoping to get back on it in the future.

I can't wait until I can clean my home again, although I can't say I exactly love the actual cleaning, but I do love a clean, tidy and organized home. I'm one of those weird people who has every cupboard and drawer in my home perfectly organized. I never understand when I go to other people's homes, open a kitchen cupboard for a glass, for example, and also see papers, food, etc, along with the glasses. I don't care how others keep their homes, it's just strange to me sometimes. Luckily, I did most of the deep cleaning before my surgery, so should only need to do regular cleaning when I'm ready.

My husband has been doing the cleaning since my surgery, but doesn't clean as thoroughly as do I, bless his heart. I notice the cabinet and drawer fronts in my kitchen have some splatters on them, and have wiped a few of them off as I stand there. But the rest will have to wait. I will also have to clean and sanitize the counters; my husband never seems to remember to clean them so I've done some light cleaning there with some Clorox wipes, but will need to do a thorough job later. But, I guess it's good that I'll have plenty to do when I'm able as the boredom now is driving me nuts.
 
Feeling really well these days. I'm walking a mile around the neighborhood daily. My knee handles that like a champ. If I try to push much more beyond that it let's me know that a mile is the limit.
 
Back
Top Bottom