Guest viewing is limited

TKR TKR on right knee at 41

Often when I had an attack of tears or crankyness I realized it was because I was tired and needed to lie down. Other times who knows? Just the recovery roller coaster. :console2:
 
I really need to work on my expectations. I have been a work at home wife then mom for 19 years. I have everything where I want it and system for everything. It's hard to see things not put away or done correctly. I'm a seamstress and my studio is in our home ...so I walk past it every day and think I would love to get back to work... All in due time I know

I understand fully. I am also a seamstress and my sewing room is sacrosanct-no one touches that room! It's right across from my nest so I also see it every time I walk around. I will miss sewing this summer, but I'll survive it. I am also a full time homemaker, and have been for 43 years. My kitchen is my kingdom, but I had to learn to let loose a little when unable to work in it for a time. This morning I went in there and hubby had left it a mess last night. I was already in pain and tears from my ON-Q running out during the night (it's been refilled now and I'm okay again) and that almost set me off. I never, ever leave my kitchen a mess and he had left peach peels drying out in my nice stainless steel sink, dishes on the counter instead of the dishwasher, the trash smelled and needed to be taken out, one counter was completely covered with all kinds of breads and other food that needed to be put away, counters were sticky and dirty, etc. I was so frustrated I almost said something, but instead took a very deep breath and said nothing. That was extremely hard, especially since we recently gutted and remodeled my kitchen and I hate it messy or dirty, but I managed.

After he took me to the hospital, I came home and went to bed and he cleaned the kitchen. Granted, it's not as clean as I like it, but I will survive it. We need to pick and choose what really matters during this time vs what we can survive. In my case my hubby has taken time off work every surgery and cared for me so well that I can't bear to get frustrated with him when he doesn't do things to my standards. I know when I'm up and around again I'll have to hunt for things all over the kitchen and put them back where they belong, sanitize the entire place, etc, but I can do that. Hang in there and let your family care for you as well as they can, and soon you'll be back and able to once again care for your family and home.
 
Exactly! I take so much pride in my home and I have to just let it go for now. I'll get it all back right when I can.

I had p.t today and I'm at a 3 extension and 130 for bend. So that was uplifting. I got for my follow up next week on my 42 birthday and hopefully he will gift me no more p.t. ....

My husband and kids worked in the yard for me yesterday they are doing their best.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] TKR on right knee at 41
    Resized_20180701_190143.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 291
Oh I feel like the exact same when it comes to the house. It's so frustrating because it's a mess and you can't clean it which sends me into a tailspin. Hubby and daughter try but it's just not their strong suit :heehee:. My 3 grandchildren ages 4, 2 and 2 also live with us (daughters babies) due to a bad situation with the ex) so you can just imagine what my house looks like. I just bite my tongue and hide in my room lol. My son (who is autistic as well) is so helpful though. He doesn't like messes either so he's always trying to help clean up.

We ladies just have to grin and bear it :snork:
This too shall pass....I hope!! :friends:
 
I've come to the stage where I feel better and then I over do it. Today is a sore day because I felt so good yesterday. That fine line between just enough and too much is so hard for me to find.
 
Today I made it outside to water my flowers and pull a few weeds. I have to bend from the waist still to get the weeds since I have a bad left knee still and a new baby right one. Felt good to get outside and feel semi productive for a bit. I go the 11th for my 7 week follow up. I'm at 135° bend and 2° for extension.
 
Why is this part of my scar so dark? Just happened today.

[Bonesmart.org] TKR on right knee at 41
 
Why is this part of my scar so dark? Just happened today.
I need a bit more information about this
1. when you say 'it just happened' today, can you describe this event in more detail?
2. is it moist, wet or dry?
3. is it lumpy?
4. is it sore?​
 
It's dry, smooth and not sore. It seems to have resolved over night so I'm guessing it was from being up and about more yesterday.
 
Oh, good that it went away! Mine would turn purple when I was up too much.
 
Today is my 42nd birthday and I got two new pairs of comfy shoes. My knee likes them
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] TKR on right knee at 41
    Resized_20180711_210535.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 286
  • [Bonesmart.org] TKR on right knee at 41
    Resized_20180711_210509.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 290
I walked my neighborhood trails for the first time. We moved here last summer and my knees were so painful from the move then I had my right TKR May 24th this year. So I finally got a chance to stroll them and had no pain in my baby knee. Felt wonderful to stroll through and not feel pain in righty.
 
Will be 8 weeks Thursday. Had p.t. today. I'm at 135 for flexion and 0 for extension. Yaaay!. Pain is minimal now and easily managed with tylenol.
 
Thanks! I'm very grateful that it was without any issues out of the ordinary.
 
So today's 8 weeks for my baby knee.
I walked a mile today and the knee felt fine through it all. I made sure to keep my pace slow and walk with long heel to toe strides. The new knee and I are getting along just fine.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom