TKR TKR on right knee at 41

At this point I take a nap mid day and go to bed by 9pm. I have the energy of a slug. My knee feels great and I am moving it well. My body on the other hand is telling me it's still got work to do and will slow it down. I actually think I may go to bed at 8pm tonight. I didn't get my nap and I'm definitely feeling the need for sleep.
 
At this point I take a nap mid day and go to bed by 9pm. I have the energy of a slug. My knee feels great and I am moving it well. My body on the other hand is telling me it's still got work to do and will slow it down. I actually think I may go to bed at 8pm tonight. I didn't get my nap and I'm definitely feeling the need for sleep.
I still try to eek in a nap!!
 
Please tell me sometime in the near future I won't be tired out after cooking dinner for my family
Yes you'll recover. Right now your body is taking over, taking as much resource as it can to devote to healing. This is a Good Thing.

My husband jumps in and helps after work
Good for him. Does he understand how serious this actually is?

Mr Twindad: Hey, are you giving it 100% here? Your wife has been seriously traumatised, are you doing everything you can? Imagine what SHE would do for YOU if it were the other way round. There's your minimum standard, right there.

Cooking dinner might be a step forward, eh? And what about those two kids? Are you making sure that, just for once, they are looking after their mother, not the other way round? This is your chance to give back just a tiny bit of the looking after you've had. Just a bit, but these chances don't come so often.
My house has seen it's better days.
Is it burning down? Is there a flood? No? It's fine
Good enough is good enough right now.
...and just about anything is good enough.
 
Let the housework go or get your teenagers to do it. Autism isn't an excuse to not help. The ones I have known love to help people. Give him a chance. Your 'normal' teenager should be doing everything in his power to help you. He can cook. You just stay seated and let the men folk take care of you for the next few weeks at least! Your one and only job right now should be healing that knee. That's all! Overdoing will just slow down that healing.
 
Last edited:
Meal delivery services. Uber for school. A relative to come in and help. I agree, if you can possibly get them to squeeze in that other knee this summer, you will be a much happier camper sooner … others are happy to help … if asked. Are you a member of a church or temple? They will often arrange for meals (yeah, the daily barrage of casseroles gets nuts, but at least everyone is fed) and driving the boys to and fro. But if you don't ask, they will assume you have everything covered. You can pay it forward by pitching in to help someone else when you have two wonderful new knees!:angel:
 
I'm really ok with waiting on the second knee at this point. I remember the pain to clearly right now to want to do the left just yet.

The kids are helping out in their 14 year old ways. The problem really is me. They do the jobs correctly and I need to let go.
My twins are boy/girl. The boy has autism and is mentally about 9. The girl is 25 in her head and a royal pain in the booty right now. My husband comes home and puts them to work and helps out. I really need to work on my expectations. I have been a work at home wife then mom for 19 years. I have everything where I want it and system for everything. It's hard to see things not put away or done correctly. I'm a seamstress and my studio is in our home ...so I walk past it every day and think I would love to get back to work... All in due time I know. This is almost worse than the pain of the first two weeks. Patients is not my strength
 
I no longer earn money with my sewing but I still sew for myself. I had absolutely no interest in it for months after my surgery! But when I did start spending time in my sewing room, it was nice to be back to it.
I have been a work at home wife then mom for 19 years. I have everything where I want it and system for everything. It's hard to see things not put away or done correctly.
Yes it’s hard to watch things being done differently, but try to look at it as the temporary situation it is. You will improve to the point where you can do things your way again.

One of our members recommended wearing a tiara and directing people from your place of rest! :rotfl:
 
Now my waist length hair is shedding like crazy. I am thinking it's from having such a big surgery but made a appointment with my dr for bloodwork just to be sure. I'm so sad. My hair is best feature.
 
My husband lost a lot of hair after having three surgeries back-to-back. He's stopped shedding now and his hair isn't noticeably thinner.
 
My hair shed after surgery, don’t remember when it stopped. Hair is back to its’ normal self.
 
I lost hair, too, after each surgery, but it came back.
 
5 weeks.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] TKR on right knee at 41
    Resized_20180629_183713.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 244
A little over 5 weeks and I'm really feeling emotional these days. I'm not a person who cries easily and I feel like I could break down at any given moment. I'm just feeling down and over all of this .
 
You have the post-op blues, which is normal. :console2:
This surgery really does play havoc with your emotions. It's like being pre-menstrual, only ten times worse.
The blues will pas, but if they're really getting you down, go and see your own doctor. A short course of anti-depressants might help.
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
 
Back
Top Bottom