Yes, the knee can be noisy early on but should fade (pun intended) over time. I had the ability to make those weird knee movements early on but the muscles and tendons are tighter now.
I've had some moments like that but as hawk2go said, as your muscles and tendons strengthen they'll mostly go away. I do still get some crunching sound from my right knee when doing maximum flexion under load.Question does anyone’s new knee feel loose and can hear noise if you lift your leg and shake it side to side? I can feel movement and hear it
United StatesOh dear!!! How is it now and what are you going to do?I just don’t want to be cut back open because it’s loose after I have finally gotten to this point in the recovery. When I lifted my leg and moved it side to side and it felt loose and sloppy and could hear it happening I just wanted to cry
How far and fast do you walk? Believe it or not, you may be overdoing it in your walks. Try cutting back distance, speed, or frequency of your walks until you can do them comfortably and then ramp up slowly. Speed was the very last thing that I tackled after I found a comfortable daily distance and was certain that my heel to toe form was solid. It all took several months and at more than 1 year, my speed is way better than pre-surgery.I’m at 11 weeks and my biggest complaint to this point is the stiffness and tightness I deal with when I go to walk.
I did, too, at 2 months post op, and for many more months. Your surgeon did major carpentry work and disturbed every millimeter of soft tissue in this area, and full healing takes a full year or more.In the evening I still need pain meds to get any kind of relief to sleep
That means it swells and causes that stiffness. It is to be expected at your short time out from surgery. I complained about tightness for months. It was the last thing to go for me. Even if you don't see a lot of swelling outside, but inside your knee still has it, too. It's not much room in there so any amount of fluid will make it harder to move because that fluid is in the way.I start walking after about a couple of minutes then I deal with it the entire day
i don’t really do much other then walking and that’s all it takes for it to make this uncomfortable feeling. I’d almost rather deal with the arthritic pain I had before the surgery then this uncomfortableness. So really whether I do a lot or do little it feels this wayUnfortunately, what you are describing is pretty much normal. Have you noticed your increased pain and swelling are coming from increased activities? I bet they are. Increase your resting, icing, and elevating, and your knee should feel better.
Yes I have in fact I had my 12 week follow up yesterday and told him how I’m feeling and he just said I’m still in the early stage of recovery that I could try rubbing cocoa butter on the knee to desensitize it but that doesn’t help. At this point I regret having the surgery doneHave you told your OS about this? Is it swelling? Are you icing and elevating? I found these two things really helped my pain and swelling. There is nothing wrong with you doing these the whole time you are sitting or laying down until the pain goes down. I found my swelling and pain decreased when I iced and elevated a lot. It's worth a try for you to see if it helps.
United States