Guest viewing is limited

TKR TKR on 8/8/22

Stationary bikes aren’t really that expensive if you get one without the bells and whistles…
This is especially true if you don’t need to use resistance, as is recommended here.

A lot of the differences in cost are for fancy resistance capability and you don’t need that.

Find something cheap on Craigslist and then sell it on when you are done with it.
 
You’re so right how different the outcomes are from person to person.
 
  • Like
Reactions: shr
My surgery was June 28th

Sorry you’re getting nothing out of your home exercises. I’ve been greatly benefitted by them…
But it is amazing how things can be so different one person to another…

Stationary bikes aren’t really that expensive if you get one without the bells and whistles…
Did you have any issues with tightness and stiffness above your knee cap in your quad area at all post surgery? That’s my only real complaint it’s annoying when I walk, well and some pain at the center part of the back of the knee when I bend to a certain point
 
  • Like
Reactions: shr
Oh I know exactly what you mean about it being annoying when you walk! I try so hard to ignore it and not let it throw off my form but is really uncomfortable and irritating. It’s weird because I can bend it much more than it bends when I walk with no additional discomfort. So you’d think it wouldn’t bother it walking. But it just feels icky to bend it at all I guess. Let me know if that feeling passes for you. It has to, right?
 
Oh I know exactly what you mean about it being annoying when you walk! I try so hard to ignore it and not let it throw off my form but is really uncomfortable and irritating. It’s weird because I can bend it much more than it bends when I walk with no additional discomfort. So you’d think it wouldn’t bother it walking. But it just feels icky to bend it at all I guess. Let me know if that feeling passes for you. It has to, right?
I was told by my therapist that when you sit and bend it’s not pulling on the quad and hamstring like it does when you go to take a step with your weight in it.‍ I don’t know kinda makes sense I guess
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
Reactions: shr
Oh, interesting! Yeah, that does make sense. The hamstring gets stretched and then releases right when you’re starting to bend that knee. It must put a different kind of pressure on the joint. Well thank you, it’s nice to know there’s a reason!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: shr
Oh, interesting! Yeah, that does make sense. The hamstring gets stretched and then releases right when you’re starting to bend that knee. It must put a different kind of pressure on the joint. Well thank you, it’s nice to know there’s a reason!!
I meant thigh I don’t know why I said hamstring
 
  • Like
Reactions: shr
Haha, well when I reread mine I realized that wasn’t right either. I guess it would be your quad stretching back right before you bend your knee. I think…?
 
  • Like
Reactions: shr
Never seen a tibia component like this n all the pictures I’ve seen. Anyone know who the maker is?
Hi @R2R ! I was browsing online looking for x-rays of knee replacement implants and found this one that's described as a "Zimmer Biomet NexGen." What do you think? Looks a lot like the one in your x-ray. Why don't you ask your surgeon next time you see him or her? It may also give the name in your patient portal records (if you have that) or on your hospital bill.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] TKR on 8/8/22
    Screenshot 2022-09-08_knee_implant.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Like
Reactions: shr
Never seen a tibia component like this n all the pictures I’ve seen. Anyone know who the maker is?
Hi @R2R ! I was browsing online looking for x-rays of knee replacement implants and found this one that's described as a "Zimmer Biomet NexGen." What do you think? Looks a lot like the one in your x-ray. Why don't you ask your surgeon next time you see him or her? It may also give the name in your patient portal records (if you have that) or on your hospital bill.
Thanks a lot for posting this. I do have an appointment today and that is going to be one of the questions on my long list
 
How'd it go?
 
  • Like
Reactions: shr
Well not only am I recovering from a TKR but I have been battling this PIA outer hip issue since I woke up from surgery so I got a cortisone injection for that. It is a Zimmer implant I will loaded picture of it in this comment. As far as the tightness I’ve been irritated by in the quad area my therapist suggested I try heat at this point and it has done wonders for it!!!! Here all this time I’ve been icing like crazy and I think it only made that those muscles even tighter.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] TKR on 8/8/22
    902348FB-473D-49B6-9784-BAF3DB82F73D.png
    90.8 KB · Views: 67
I'm glad you found some relief that works for you. Many ice the knee and heat the quad and calf muscles. Others ice ice baby.
 
  • Like
Reactions: shr
Hey folks I have had my best week yet and have seen some real good improvement compared to the prior weeks. I road my bike for about 2 miles yesterday and it felt much better then when I took a small ride last week. I still have this tightness above my knee cap I. The quad area when I walk so I started wearing a knee sleeve through out the day and it seems to help considerably. Hopefully I’ll be able to get in the pickleball court soon and start doing some dinking.
 
Yay for riding your bike that far! Pickleball is just around the corner!
 
Played 5 games of pickleball last evening. I’m paying for it today but I don’t regret it a bit
 
I am 22 days pistol. I took yesterday off from any exercises and elevated and iced all day. My knee is better. I can bend it easier and some swelling is gone. So I will gently do some exercises today.
 
I would do something physical one day and then take the next couple of days off. As time went on I was able to change it to one day of work and the next off. After that, I would just do 1 thing a day and then rest the rest of the day. I am single and was alone, having to take care of my house, yard, cats, and me. I still had to clean flowerbeds, wash clothes and dishes, clean litter boxes, and things like this that we have to do to maintain a house and yard. This was the only PT I did and keeping this schedule helped my knee stay happier.
 
  • Like
Reactions: shr
My surgery was June 28th

Sorry you’re getting nothing out of your home exercises. I’ve been greatly benefitted by them…
But it is amazing how things can be so different one person to another…

Stationary bikes aren’t really that expensive if you get one without the bells and whistles…
Did you have any issues with tightness and stiffness above your knee cap in your quad area at all post surgery? That’s my only real complaint it’s annoying when I walk, well and some pain at the center part of the back of the knee when I bend to a certain point
Yes, all that and much more. If that’s your only discomfort I consider you fortunate….:) :-) (:
 
  • Like
Reactions: shr
Question does anyone’s new knee feel loose and can hear noise if you lift your leg and shake it side to side? I can feel movement and hear it
 
  • Like
Reactions: shr

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom