Kelleytoons
new member
- Joined
- Aug 17, 2020
- Messages
- 10
- Age
- 75
- Gender
- Male
- Country
United States
Couple of weeks later but I thought I'd post for anyone reading this an update.
So my PT guy said I was almost 140 rotation (even though I read 135 is about the max. Whatever). I can't see, when I'm in the pool and can get a REALLY strong bend in both legs, much if any difference between the two, although I can still feel a lot of tightness in my replaced knee.
Last week I was working on cleaning our pool and in order to hook up the vacuum I had to kneel down and, stupidly, I knelt right on that new knee on the concrete decking. It did hurt at the time but I didn't think too much about it. However, that night it REALLY hurt and the next day I couldn't bend it at all.
I mean AT ALL -- it was like even trying to get to 90 was incredibly painful. It stayed that way for a couple of days and I even made an appointment with my surgeon for the soonest I could (the following week) thinking I had REALLY screwed something up.
But after the weekend (of just not doing anything but laying on the bed. Really) I tested my knee and all was well. I was back to "normal". So -- happy but a bit scared now. I'm nine weeks out and I will NOT kneel again until the end of the year (six months out) unless my life depends on it. Once bitten, twice shy.
(The other good news is this has made me a LOT more cautious about resuming tennis. I was going to "cheat" a bit and start playing now, but my plan is revised to wait the entire 13 weeks my doc suggested. So -- 27 more days and counting, but even then I will be taking it VERY slow. I do not want a relapse).
So my PT guy said I was almost 140 rotation (even though I read 135 is about the max. Whatever). I can't see, when I'm in the pool and can get a REALLY strong bend in both legs, much if any difference between the two, although I can still feel a lot of tightness in my replaced knee.
Last week I was working on cleaning our pool and in order to hook up the vacuum I had to kneel down and, stupidly, I knelt right on that new knee on the concrete decking. It did hurt at the time but I didn't think too much about it. However, that night it REALLY hurt and the next day I couldn't bend it at all.
I mean AT ALL -- it was like even trying to get to 90 was incredibly painful. It stayed that way for a couple of days and I even made an appointment with my surgeon for the soonest I could (the following week) thinking I had REALLY screwed something up.
But after the weekend (of just not doing anything but laying on the bed. Really) I tested my knee and all was well. I was back to "normal". So -- happy but a bit scared now. I'm nine weeks out and I will NOT kneel again until the end of the year (six months out) unless my life depends on it. Once bitten, twice shy.
(The other good news is this has made me a LOT more cautious about resuming tennis. I was going to "cheat" a bit and start playing now, but my plan is revised to wait the entire 13 weeks my doc suggested. So -- 27 more days and counting, but even then I will be taking it VERY slow. I do not want a relapse).