TKR Three weeks out getting impatient!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, what does it mean when there is an orange star on the post?
Hope all is well with you
 
Good for you! Today was my first week back to work also. I am also working 1/2 days for 2 weeks. After work I had PT so I was really ready to ice it up when I got home.
 
That tightness and vice-like feeling is actually another form of pain. Some people describe it as having a tight rubber band around your knee. Unfortunately, you can't do anything to make it go away. It will only go in its own sweet time. Please understand that there is nothing you can do to make your knee heal faster.

Check out the Article "ITB (Ilio-tibial Band) Issues And Treatments". Also do a search here, on this website, about IT Band. The stretches/exercises that the BoneSmarties teach really do help.
 
Hello all,
Just reporting in that I saw my OS on Friday. He is very very pleased with my bend didn't measure it as I can bend it as well as the other leg and straighten as well. He explained that I simply can't exercise my way out of this and is very happy with what I am doing which is getting on with things. I still use one crutch when I need to but not for short distances. He was fine with this. I am still taking sustained release tramadol at night but only panandol 3x daily. Generally he felt the same as me - carry on with my life and one day I will think when did I last use my crutch and when did I last take painkillers? I am back at work full time and have taken on all of the usual home chores. So am generally pretty happy and getting back to normal even though I move a bit slower! This may be a good thing!
Hope al is well with all my lovely helpers from BS and there is light at the end of the tunnel for those who areon the journey.:egypdance::thankyou:

NZshaz
LTKR 18/12/13
 
what does it mean when there is an orange star on the post?
Where do you see this?
He explained that I simply can't exercise my way out of this and is very happy with what I am doing which is getting on with things. Generally he felt the same as me - carry on with my life and one day I will think when did I last use my crutch and when did I last take painkillers?
:yes!: I love him!
 
The star was on the top right hand corner of my post a wee while ago but has now disappeared so I am not sure what that means-no matter. And Josephine you can't love him as much as me!
Take care,
Nzshaza
LTKR 18/12/13
 
Hello again fellow bone smarties well I thought I was so clever but I have a patch of pain sweeping and hotness on the left hand side of my knee. It has never gone away from 18 Dec 2013 when I had the TKR on the left side. I have complete range of movement just tightness and pain in one spot just under the patella and moving towards the left hand side. I am still taking tramadol SR 100 mg at night. I am working full time again, doing everything as usual but am still in some considerable pain by the end of the day. It's not going get me down but I would like to know what others are experiencing. I have been a bit slack with the exercises due to family circumstances but have gone back to a physio/ Pilates instructor who seems to be good so far. Anyway enough of the bleat would just like to know if anyone else has had this experience.



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Let me tag @Josephine so that she can comment on your question.
 
The star was on the top right hand corner of my post a wee while ago but has now disappeared so I am not sure what that means
It just means we had a forum upgrade recently so some things have gone and others arrived!
I am still taking tramadol SR 100 mg at night

I am working full time again, doing everything as usual
am still in some considerable pain by the end of the day
I have been a bit slack with the exercises but have gone back to a physio/ Pilates instructor who seems to be good so far
Well, there's your problem! If you are working full time, don't do exercises. And as you're 6 months out you don't need them for your knee anymore!

Tell me the exact site of your pain using this chart
Please note the instructions in the smaller image

[Bonesmart.org] Three weeks out getting impatient!


[Bonesmart.org] Three weeks out getting impatient!
 
D LF4


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

@Josephine
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Any thoughts Josephine about the pain? I am going back to my surgeon this week on the advice of my GP I have an abnormal CRP result.



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Jo is at a conference for a few days, but let me tag her again so that she can get back to you..... @Josephine
 
Sorry to have left you!

Is this where you pain is?
[Bonesmart.org] Three weeks out getting impatient!



I have a patch of pain sweeping and hotness on the left hand side of my knee. It has never gone away from 18 Dec 2013 when I had the TKR on the left side. I have complete range of movement just tightness and pain in one spot just under the patella and moving towards the left hand side.
I would suggest that this pain is an ITB (ilio-tibial band) issue. which can be readily remedied either by this Acupressure massage or a good chiropractor. But it can be a pest.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom