THR THR tell me about your recovery

It's encouraging to read you're doing so well, Eman, your pain under control.
Whew, two hour drive home! You deserved an ice cream break during that long trek. You know how important rest is, lucky you're sleeping well. I would imagine things like log leg are more tolerable the second time around when you've already dealt with it once and realize it's temporary...thankfully.
It is a strange sensation, nonetheless.
I hope today is a good one...Happy Wednesday!
@Eman85
 
So happy to see the great updates from you! Welcome again to the healing side and look forward to what new info you'll be able to share from this recovery. Already sleeping well, staying ahead of the pain and stay iced, you have this! :egypdance:
 
Congratulations on getting to the sunny side of the street. You sound great and I can feel a great recovery for you again. It does seem like no two hips are the same. I can't seem to decide if this one is easier or my previous one. The best thing is that eventually it won't matter. We are done with the surgeries and on our way.
 
@Layla I never had log leg with the first one despite the large time in surgery and the amount of extra work the OS had to do. For some reason with the L I could do straight leg lifts pretty easily the day after surgery. I noticed right away that I'm not as pasty looking this time, obviously less blood loss, not as fatigued either. I showered today and the poop fairy keeps delivering, life is great! No pain while resting only if I put a strain on the muscles walking and such.
 
Congratulations on hip number two being behind you @Eman85 Really Hope this one is much easier than your first. Never heard of a polar ice machine, but it sounds wonderful. Sending healing vibes your way. You have lots of us willing you a text book easy recovery this go around. Take care!
 
How goes the battle today?
@Eman85
 
Pretty good day today. The contractor came and put a new roof on my shop building. I went out and walked around to check it out. Went out into the shop before supper and used my son's muscle to dig out some parts I have that someone wants. Leg feels pretty good overall and the only pain I have is muscle pain when I move it certain ways, sitting around or lying down I'm totally pain free. I've walked around in the house without the walker until my wife sees me. Still have some log leg but I can get in and out of bed with no problems. Last time I was using the bathroom a lot at night at the hospital from all of the fluids they pumped in me. This time it took a while so between me drinking a lot of liquids and the fluids coming out I've done a lot of walking to the bathroom and getting in and out of bed. I keep the polar pack on all of the time I'm sitting and even sleeping so no bruises and minimal swelling. Showering and dressing myself and using the sock aid and long shoe horn. I'm still a regular guy if you know what I mean. Might get my wife to drive me to town tomorrow just to get out a little. What can I say?, so far so good. I just need to not push it.
Thanks to everyone for the positive vibes.
 
I've walked around in the house without the walker until my wife sees me.

Haha! :heehee: Sneaker! That's awesome though. I was too chicken to try that soon. I hope your balance is good.

You're doing unbelievably well in my opinion. No bruises, minimal swelling, showering already and dressing yourself. Aren't you going to try to milk this at all? :heehee: Not even a teensy tiny bit?

Thankfully you know not to push it. I think you're going to do really well!
@Eman85
 
There's not much to milk, I'm retired. I do need to keep it slow and not get too far ahead of myself. I am very pleased with how it's all going and I don;t want to jinx myself. My OS has always kidded me that this one would be a piece of cake after my other and I hope he's right. My wife's off this week and she's happy to not be working and I'm not too much of a problem.
Looks like rain tomorrow and Sat, so I'll be indoors taking it easy.
 
It's obvious that know how to do recovery right from all the sensible advice you've shared on the forum. You also know one of your recoveries is going to be easier than the other, looks like this may be your better one. :fingersx:
 
Really glad to hear it is So Far So Good.
Yep, keep it all slow and easy as you have been and you'll be racing around by the spring.:tada:
 
How's the weekend treating you?
Leaping tall buildings in a single bound yet?
@Eman85
 
Boy I forgot just how much fun THR recovery could be! Hardest part is not doing anything and doing it either in the chair or the bed. This recovery has been a little less stressful in knowing what to expect and being better prepared. Big thing was putting tennis balls on the back legs of my walker. Last time there was carpet everywhere so it didn't matter. I just finished putting down floors and I don't want to scratch them now.
Pain's not bad, only get a few throbs once in a while. Of course it still hurts when moving around and I still have a bit of log leg.
So far my strategy of waiting until the weather changed has worked well. It's been cold,cloudy and rainy so it's not as hard to sit indoors.
 
I'm glad to hear this go round is a little less stressful. I can tell you're a bit bored, but as you know...it will pass. Thankfully your pain is managed well enough to be tolerable.

It's already your one week anniversary tomorrow. I was surprised, I'm sure you were too, how the weeks seem to click on by more quickly than you imagined when you were still pre-op. I continue to believe that by Christmas you'll be feeling pretty darned good!

Wishing you comfort and a good day. :)
 
You are doing so well and coming up on one week anniversary! Woohoo! :yay:

keep up the good work, you already know, slow and steady.
 
Sounds like you are doing very well. It's funny how we all strategize for when to have our surgeries. I liked having mine in nicer weather so I could enjoy sitting on our porch, or just enjoying the sunshine streaming in the windows. I like that we are all different.
Glad yoou are doing so well, Happy Thanksgiving!
 
Happy Turkey Day, @Eman85

Hope you are hanging in there and getting through these early days well.
Healing vibes coming your way...should be a mild day, weather wise here too.
 
Happy Thanksgiving, hope you've been having a restful day with lots of goodies.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom