THR THR tell me about your recovery

Thanks @Layla! Like everyone 2020 isn't going as planned, but I can't complain. We have plenty to do at home so it's no big deal being safer at home. It's has been HOT and dry here lately and the AC has been going. We never used to use the AC much but anymore it's a necessity. Love open windows a lot more. My back has been bothering me which seems to radiate to my left hip. Right is doing good. The pain in the glutes tieing shoes and such has let up but still a little weak. I can do any and everything I want with the new hips which is great. The big win of course is the no joint pain especially at night.
 
Good to read an update on your progress, Eman. It sounds like you’re doing well, laying low like so many of us and dealing with the heat like so many also. It’s nice you’re able to stay busy at home. It helps the days pass and the need to feel you’re accomplishing something. I’m sorry to hear your back is bothering you. Hopefully it eases soon. At only eight months post op, there’s still room for improvement as you know from experience. I hope you continue to enjoy progress.
Stay safe and well!
@Eman85
 
:wave:Hello @Eman85
Just read about your cataract surgery elsewhere. Wishing you the best as you recover. While I have your attention....Happy One Year Anniversary! On the eve of. I hope, Righty, has healed beyond your expectations and that, Lefty, is doing just as well. Thanks for all the support you offer others on the forum. I’m sure many find your words a comfort and reassuring. I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving....it will be here in the blink of an eye. :wink:
 
One year? No way.... Gee time flies when you're having fun.:tada:
Happy one year Hipversary, friend.
 
Thanks for the well wishes. Time flies and on the way to cataract surgery yesterday I realized it was 1 year ago we were on our way to the motel for my THR. Yesterday was the 2nd eye so maybe this deal is now behind me too.
Back to the hips, the right has done well. Still have a feeling of weakness in the glute/hamstring area. That's where I had the pulling that took a long time to ease off so I could tie my shoes. No problems tying shoes or touching toes in any position but it still feels strained. Nothing I can't live with and it feels like it will keep improving. Also a little weakness in groin but very slight and it's improving. There's really nothing I can't do. I recently painted my shop building which is like a barn. Literally hundreds of trips up and down the ladder over a few days and didn't have any problems. We go walking/hiking pretty regularly and my hips do fine. I get muscle pains and stiffness but nothing beyond an annoyance.
 
Hello @Eman85
I hope your eyes are doing well with cataract surgery now behind you. I noticed elsewhere that you’re dealing with some wrist and shoulder issues. Hopefully nothing too serious. I’m sure you’ve noticed, but just in case you haven‘t, there is another section of the forum “Other Joints” where you’ll find shoulder and wrist threads, if interested in reading.
Thanks for your ongoing support here. Your wisdom shared through personal experience and the support you offer is appreciated.
Happy Sunday! :wave:
 
The eyes are doing pretty good. After over 50 years of wearing glasses all of the time I don't wear them for normal activities as I chose to have distance site. Now it's really weird not having eyes that adjust for things close up. Hard to work on things where you have to read a ruler or weld and such. I did get 2 great Christmas gifts that I didn't know existed. At Walmart they sell fisherman's sunglasses with a bifocal reading lens so fishermen can see the hook. The other is they also sell safety glasses with the bifocal lens in them. I guess they know their market is getting old! I have cheapo reading glasses everywhere now.
I have basically done a good job of getting my money's worth out of my body. Not too many joints that don't ache at times. Just lets me know I'm alive and reminds me that I can take it a little easier and not do more damage.
 
Hi @Eman85
I noticed you mentioned elsewhere that the three year anniversary for your first THR is coming up. Since it’s tomorrow, I’m wishing you a Happy Three Year Anniversary early so I don’t forget. I hope you have a nice weekend! :)
 
Really...3 years?
:cheers2: cheers, Eman.
I'm coming up on four and still feeling blessed with these new hips.
Hope you have a great weekend.... Maybe you will be tuning into the big race.:happydance:
 
Three years! How time flies! The getting rid of the deep joint ache and the sharp bone on bone pains has been great. I can do anything I want to do but still get some pretty good muscle pain in the hip area.
I used to go to Daytona every year, started in 81 but like everything life got in the way. We had a core group of guys that went every year and we've talked about getting together and going again.
This cataract deal isn't the walk in the park everyone makes it, a lot like the stories about THR. One eye has glare problems from lights and these reading glasses are a real pain. I made mention in another post about mis-stepping due to bifocals. I have safety glasses with a bifocal for up close, lots of fun on a ladder? Also annoying walking in the woods with a chainsaw.
 
Wow…Two years already. Happy Two Year Anniversary, Eman!
Your insight through personal experience, advice and caring consolation are always appreciated here. Thanks for your contributions. I hope you have a nice day! :)
@Eman85
 
Haven't heard from my OS yet, I am expecting them to email me. I need to contact him and give him another winners circle picture. I gave him one last time after one new hip now I have one for him with 2 new hips. Last couple of days my left has been sore, all muscle pain and stiffness from over doing and the weather. I don't have that horrid bone pain any longer but the stiffness is always there and the soreness can be induced when I get a little carried away.
 
I don't have that horrid bone pain any longer but the stiffness is always there and the soreness can be induced when I get a little carried away

My surgeons PA reminded me very early on that the prosthetic will never replace my once healthy natural hip, but added that the prosthetic does get pretty close. Through personal experience, I agree. I keep her words in mind when feeling any type of sensation that feels off. Eman, you often gently and wisely remind others that complain of stiffness of the date on their drivers license and as far as stiffness goes, that’s my first thought often for myself as I’m only one year behind you in age and sometimes feel I could use the Oil Can upon rising and after over activity.

Happy Friday…have a nice weekend!
 
Congrats, Eman! A belated Happy Four Year Anniversary to you! I’m coming up on five years in a few months and it’s hard to believe. Time really flies, more so as we get older it seems. In some ways it only feels like a couple years since THR.
Hopefully these joints last our lifetime. :praying:
Thanks for all of your helpful and kind contributions here. You are appreciated.
Best Wishes always!
@Eman85
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom