THR THR June 23 Dropped like a hot potato

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shhh, have your husband buy you some Depends ladies underwear for you to use while you're in the hospital. I used them, and it was a blessing not to have to worry about peeing in the bed or having the stuff run down my legs as I was trying to get to the bathroom. Sounds like you have a bunch of Nurse Ratchets around you, this time. :holysheep: I hope you can get a nice nurse or two who will really HELP you in your recovery!!
 
You know, hospitals are in competition (usually) with each other for your business, and if you have had SHAMEFULLY bad care from the nursing staff as you have, someone (director of nursing, who is often a vice president of the hospital) should hear about it in all its gory detail. They sometimes care a lot about patient's bad experiences since it can affect their business in the future.

I know you are tired and recovering from your surgery but please put your experience in writing (or ask your sister to do it) and send it to the hospital. Do it while the horror is fresh in your mind. They actually do usually do something when they get these letters.

BTW, what the heck is the "bad bracelet?"
 
Oh you poor dear. It is absolutely horrible, what they'd have put you through. I agree, that you or your sister make it known to the director of nursing. No one should be treated as you were. It's difficult enough trying to come out of anesthesia and coping with the type of surgery you had, and then having to deal with nurses from hell is just not right. I hope you are able to get home soon so you can get all nestled in and comfortable in your own surroundings. Best of luck to you.
 
The bad bracelet is one the nurses put on your wrist if you have gotten out of bed. It means high risk. I don't want anyone thinking that getting out of bed is a good idea. It's not! I had my right hip replaced a couple of months ago and didn't get out of bed. Of course, I had not been given rhat post op pain med either.
There is a survey the hospital sends out. I really need to write some things down. I thought after getting some rest, I would feel differently but I don't. Thanks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom