Guest viewing is limited

THR THR 3 weeks out

@smokey1, sounds like FL is a much better place for you to be right now! I can relate, as I hope to begin swimming when the weather gets warmer (can't stand going out into the cold after being in a nice warm pool). I'd also like to get back to the seated elliptical again, as that helped so much before. I have some of the same things going on as you, back issues (spondylolisthesis) and staples that were very uncomfortable, less so since they came out about 10 days ago. I still can't lie on my affected side without discomfort, though it has gotten a lot better.

May I ask - when did you start doing the seated elliptical again? I am eager to get back to it but have been a more frequent member of the overdoers club than I want, and I certainly don't want to set myself back.
 
I had general anesthesia for Right hip in 2015. Was out of it for 2 days. Had Spinal (with trepidation) for Left hip 4 months ago. The spinal was wonderful for me. See what the Anesthesiologist recommends, but don't be afraid of he recommends the Spinal. Helps with recovery. ☺
 
So sorry that you still have the sciatica. You still are pretty early after your surgery so there many be lots of swelling left in that area which could impact it.

Florida sounds like a much nicer place to rehab than somewhere cold, but sciatic pain is a nightmare no matter where you are. Have you seen a doctor about the sciatica? It might help you know better what's going on. Here's hoping things get better. :flwrysmile:
 
Last edited:
Hello smokey,
I'm really sorry you're still dealing with the sciatica. It has to be miserable.
Consider visiting with your doctor in an effort to do whatever is necessary to find relief.
It saddens me to think you're dealing with back and knee pain and feeling like it's something you have to settle for. Please don't give up. We're here for you, stay in touch.
Big hugs to you.
@smokey1
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom