TKR This Teacher's TKR Recovery Journey

Up, up, up we go. I'm right behind you!
 
Day 365...1 year

Happy Birthday Knee

Hard to believe that a year has flown by. So much better quality of life. 2 1-mile walks completed for charity towards my goal of doing 5ks again. There is still some strengthening to go, but have pool time on my horizon this summer.

Now it's on to year 2 :cheers2:
 
Happy birthday @Kazilla! It's hard to believe it has been a year already! Getting back to our normal living is what it's all about! My year is coming up shortly, too. It's great not to have that arthritis pain anymore! We are proof that this surgery does work! It just takes patience.
 
Yes, it does indeed work. Friday I have check on my left leg. It went thru so much for over a year leading up to my TKR on the right. Hoping that this one won't need the same. I'm just getting used to normal. I even have a great veggie garden going this year.

Tomatoes
Blueberries
Cucumbers
Spaghetti squash
Zucchini
Potatoes
Basil
Oregano
Mint
Cilantro
:yes!:
 
OK, I'm on the way over! Yum, yum! It's a job taking care of a garden, and your knee is up to the job!
 
Happy birthday to your right knee! Last year on my TKR anniversary I told my first graders that even though I was 59 yrs old, my right knee was only 3 years old. They were confused...:shrug:
 
It has been a busy summer.

First a 2 week vacay which entailed some walking. Returned, and adopted a new member to our family. A 4 legged fur boy. He's kept us quite busy as he came from a shelter and has some bathroom training to do.
The garden has kept us well stocked especially in tomatoes, peppers, cukes, and zucchini.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] This Teacher's TKR Recovery Journey
    20170617_085300.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 162
  • [Bonesmart.org] This Teacher's TKR Recovery Journey
    FB_IMG_1499173401123.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 155
Hey there Kazilla! So good to hear from you. It sounds like you are getting along super! Wonderful! Your newest member looks like she'll be a handful! She's blessed to be a part of your loving family! I'd love to chow down on those fresh veggies of yours! I didn't get anything planted this year but 3 butterfly bushes, and you can't eat those. But, the butterflies love them!

Enjoy your holiday and the rest of your summer. How's the left knee doing?
 
I am going for shot 3 tomorrow morning. It is still giving me a little pain, but shots have definitely helped. Having to get up and down to let the new boy out so much does aggravate a little. My oldest is giving us a storm door in back when he gets paid this week, with a doggie door built in. That should help a bit. Just need to arrange installation. Then when home we can leave back door open and he will be able to go out at will without letting a.c. or heat out.

I love going put to the garden and getting fresh veggies. Not that big of a garden just 4 above ground garden boxes. But it's enough for us.
 
I changed my 2 storm doors myself a few years ago. It's not that hard. Your son could probably do it. The sooner you can rest, the better!
 
We don't have one, and it's a double French door (only one side opens, other is not a working door it's only for show. It's not broken it is made this way). So we are looking into a handyman to install. Or let lowes do it all
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same thing. I put the storm door on it the way it is. I think having Lowes do it is the best idea. That way at least it is warranted!

I am a cat rescuer, so a pet door was a must! I've had as many as 13 cats at one time. Now, I'm down to 9. My oldest turned 21 in May! When I had my tkr, I had 12. They helped to rehab me!

How is the new family member making out in your household?
 
He's a little poop!! Housebreaking is taking some time as he came from a shelter instead of a rescue. It's getting better, but frustrating. Lol. Thank goodness for my mini Bissel spot carpet cleaner.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've got one of those, too! They certainly help for those little mistakes!
 
I hope it does, too. Being in pain is so draining.
 
I do love my doc, but his PA does much better with knee shots. She holds my leg between her knees so it doesn't move at all involuntarily during injection. As a result, I'm not sore or bruised. The doc doesnt, so yesterday it was throbbing, today there is a half dollar size bruise and a small knot where injection was. Guess it's ice and rest today for it.
 
My OS's old PA, before he worked for his group, used to give shots to professional football players. I never felt a thing! But, I sure did with the OS and his new PA. The good shot giver moved to Florida a couple of years ago. What a disappointment.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom