jboles
graduate
Today is my 6 week checkup. I have so many questions. What’s going on with my almost 2 year old left knee, why is it so painful in my right leg when I walk using anything other than my walker?? I bought a pair of walking sticks (posture canes) tried using them yesterday, outside walk and indoors last night. The pain down the calf just below the knee on the inside of my leg is almost unbearable. My husband says you’re walking so much better than before surgery, but I don’t see it. I only used a walker for a couple of weeks with my other surgeries, and I can’t seem to get rid of it this time. Any suggestions? Anyone else had problems getting rid of the walker?
United States
I guess I really need to ration them out. Wants to see me back in 3 months.
)
It’s things like this that frustrates me. You have this surgery to get your life back, not so you can sit on the sidelines while everyone else goes and does things. My daughter and I canceled our annual beach trip. My knee isn’t ready for a 4 hour trip and standing in line at restaurants, my knee just isn’t ready for much of anything. Can you tell I’m a little down?

I would have cried! Sounds like things were explained very weel, though, so you know why things have been hurting and where.
It always seems to be people who've never gone through this saying stuff like that. I used mine very sparingly - but if you have constant pain, staying ahead of it so you can walk and move in order to heal properly is of paramount importance.