Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Third times the charm- hopefully

Jan, right now I guess we are supposed to try to relax and get ready. I'm having a hard time with that and alternate between calm and nervous. Right now, I can't think about anything else. I wish it had been done yesterday.
 
Wishing you the best of luck on your surgery. Give us a report when you're feeling up to it. You'll be so happy to have both knee surgeries behind you!
 
I'm going to second that. You will be sooooo happy to have both knee surgeries behind you! Best of luck on your operation.
 
Thank you @jaschembra and @SusieShoes for the good wishes. I’ve spent Saturday with my granddaughter, she wanted to get in her Nana time, she’s such a blessing. Then went to dinner with whole family. Been doing some cleaning that I won’t be able to do for a while, my husband said he would do it while I was recovering, but I wanted it done before, and my way, I’m sure some understand what I mean by that. I won’t find out when my surgery time is until Tuesday afternoon, and they are calling for snow here Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. The hospital is close to an hour away in good weather. I really hope it doesn’t snow. If it starts Tuesday night we may go ahead and stay in a hotel across from the hospital.
 
I think staying in a close hotel is a really good idea if the snow comes in. That way you'll be sure to be there on time and safely!
 
Having worked in the hotel industry for 34 years, can I just recommend - if you do stay in a hotel, you might ask them for a clean set of sheets just to make 100% sure you'll be sleeping on a clean set of sheets. I remember my instructions to shower with the antibiotic soap, sleep on clean sheets and shower again in the morning. It's the "clean" sheets that I'm mentioning in here. :) However, I hope it doesn't snow for your sake so you can be at home the night before surgery.
 
@jaschembra Yes, normally I love snow, being in central NC we don't get a lot of snow, but in this case, I hope the weather forecasters are not correct. They just upped the odds at the noon news, so who knows! I am concerned about the clean sheet thing at the hotel, it's sad that should even be a concern, but sadly, it is. I will be asking for a clean set just to be safe, if it comes to that. I really would like to be home the night before surgery, but I also don't want to be slipping and sliding my way to the hospital :yikes:
 
I am concerned about the clean sheet thing at the hotel, it's sad that should even be a concern, but sadly, it is. I will be asking for a clean set just to be safe,
Jan, I've travelled a lot and I've never stayed in a hotel where the sheets weren't changed for each occupant.
If it worries you, ask for a daily change of sheets.
 
Crossing my fingers that snow won’t be a big concern. I too have travelled extensively and haven’t known a hotel that didn’t change the sheets between guests. Unless this a real dump of a hotel, they’ll be careful about that. If you’ll be staying more than one day, leave a nice tip on the desk along with a note for housekeeping, should you be out of the room.
 
Well, the forecast is still calling for snow, so we are going to stay at hotel tonight. It’s a Hampton Inn, I’m sure it will be clean, but I think I may take my own sheets, just to be sure. I have to be there at 9:45, surgery is scheduled for 11:15. I feel sorry for my husband having to wait so long. He doesn’t do well in hospital settings, he had bypass surgery several years ago, since then he gets really antsy in hospitals.
 
best wishes for a successful surgery and as comfortable as possible recovery. enjoy your stay at the hotel, short as it may be, but one night of relaxation (well maybe not quite relaxed) and no housework, cooking or cleaning can be a well-deserved temporary luxury.:flwrysmile:
 
Yes he reads a lot, we both do. He’ll probably read an entire book while he’s waiting. My daughter commented that he reads constantly while they are in the waiting room. We’ve told our son and daughter to not come out in the snow, but I feel like they will both be there to wait with their dad.
 
I pick up 2-7 new/free books every week. I hope your husband has multiplebooks. Let me know if you are looking for more. I checkout library books tol, but it's nice to have many in different genres:yes:
 
Jan,
I'm sending you all my positive thoughts for tomorrow. Mine was done today and all is well. Take care and let us know how you are when you can.
 
I’m checked into the hotel across from the hospital. I have to be there at 9:45 and surgery is scheduled for 11:15. I was close to this same time last time. I guess they schedule people with diabetes first, so I will wait. They are still calling for snow, my husband booked 2 nights in hotel. I know why most schedule surgery for summertime, not nearly as many obstacles, like flu, pneumonia and inclement weather. I just hated giving up my summer recovering.
 
From the news, North Carolina is being hit hard. I'm glad you all chose the hotel. It's too cold to do much anyway so we can recover now and play in the summer!
 
I just woke up to several inches of snow and it’s snowing really hard. Joy... I really hope they don’t cancel my surgery...
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom