Third time is a charm?

:ok:Good, no hold ups and everything's a go.
Hopefully this hip will be a breeze compared to those knees.
Triple bionic now.
Hope your day is a relaxing one.
 
@Eman85 surgery is at Northside Forsyth in Cumming, Ga. My OS releases the same day IF all is going well. We will stop halfway home to get out and walk. I did this last year for TKR. You are correct, being at home beats being in the hospital!
I have to admit, after this week at the beach, I am READY!
 
Hi there, @Thesoutherncook
So nice you got to the beach.
It's wonderful you're ready. It's better than being anxiety ridden.
Knowing "you've got this" and how it's going to be a game changer is certainly motivating.
Wishing you comfort as you await Tuesday.
 
My out of pocket on my health insurance would have been met if I stayed another night and many stay a couple of days, I guess they like it better than home. With a quick release like that I'm sure you'll just want to get home. With the next day release about 1hr down the road got us to a Mexican restaurant we like!
 
I'm taking this to my OS and PT!
[Bonesmart.org] Third time is a charm?
 
My OS also made sure I got dental clearance before my surgery. It’s kind of weird but not a big deal.
 
We are home from our beach week with Grands. My hip is DONE, ready for replacement. I have squeezed every ounce of use out of it! I have a day and a half to get “ready” for surgery ( groceries, laundry and putting away beach stuff). On Monday night we will stay overnight near the hospital since I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am Tuesday.
 
sounds like that hip has done its dash, southerncook..... looks like your nesting for version 2 is going well....hope 5.30 isn't too much of a shock to the system! :unsure:
 
@anny The best news is I can just roll out of bed, throw on comfy clotnes and be driven to hospital. No make up, shower night before and use special wipes, so it should be an easy wake up and go! Poor DH will need IV coffee!
 
Sounds like you're doing this right, @Thesoutherncook - I love that you scheduled a beach trip in! (Also love the pain chart, but didn't see it in time to respond to how utterly magnificent it is. Oh well.)

You'll be more than welcome on the fun side, where the parties never stop! :cheers:
 
@Thesoutherncook I hope all goes well for you on Tues. I like your plan for the night before. I did insist on driving to the hospital the morning of my surgery (15 mins across town), mostly because I wasn't sure when I would be able to drive again, and it gave me a distraction for that morning. Plus we had to be there at 6 am and I didn't trust hubby's driving before he had coffee in him lol.
 
@Bone-obo We go over the mtn from Hiawasee to Helen, GA. Not as bad as Blood Mtn ( Hwy 129) but still not a drive to make at 3 am! :bolt:
I'm hurting pretty bad tonite...can't get comfortable. I am sooooo ready to get this over with! Everyone says the groin pain is gone immediately! Hurraahhhh!
 
We go over the mtn from Hiawasee to Helen, GA. Not as bad as Blood Mtn ( Hwy 129) but still not a drive to make

I am familiar as I have driven that route before...and I wouldn't want to do it at wee hours:flabber:
Absolutely gorgeous in the day time though.
I was in desperation mode with chronic pain by the time my surgery came around, AND I felt the same way...just get on with it so this can go away!
Will be thinking of you:friends:
 
Back
Top Bottom