Third time is a charm?

I'm so sorry..and that your wait is so long.
It truly is an awful pain and I was on the verge of desperation by the time I had mine done.
Just have to remind yourself it will be resolved or you do get destitute.
I lived on a heating pad for months when not in motion...
Much sympathy:console2:
 
Yay for a reprieve! Take care and have a peaceful weekend...
A few more months and that hip pain will be done!!
 
Well, that 5 days without pain ended with Easter prep! My daugnter and her family came for just 2 days,but there was a lot of food consumed and a lot of beds to be made, etc... oh well...it just confirms that I really DO need a new hip. (Some days, I am still in denial :thud:)
 
Lord knows I can still even after almost a year remember that horrid pain AND NO SLEEP:doh:
Sorry it will be a bit longer...but yep...have to get this show on the road!
Wishing you well:) :-) (:
 
Primary Care Physican signed off on surgery release for June 12. I still cannot wrap my head around 3 joints in 3 summers! Really!? Next summer, I need a better plan! Bring it on! Everyone says hips are a “piece of cake after knees”! :whistle:

BTW, Paris has been moved to November ( and now my daugnter will be able to go!)
And Italy is still in October! Places to go, food to eat, wine to drink!!
 
@Thesoutherncook I'm sorry to hear you've had to postpone your trip, but it sounds like you are listening to your body and being realistic about your current capabilties. As an aside I purchased that same cute folding cane last fall and took it on a trip to Paris and Frankfurt just prior to my surgery. It served me quite well and I used it after surgery as well.
 
My left leg has started to give out regularly, so I just use a walker all of the time. It’s easier than crutches for me. I have had my leg give out on the stairs, which is scary. The walker gives me great support and I’d totally recommend it.
 
Next summer you will be golden.
And this fall will be such a wonderful trip as you will not have this bone crunching pain.
Hope you have a Good Day!
 
Today I had a call from the OS office ...they need a dental clearance. Has anyone else been asked for this?
Then I had a call from the dentist's office that I will have to go in tomorrow for xrays!
This is all new since TKR last summer.
 
Not I. :umm:Good gracious...maybe the dentist knows your OS and needs a few more bucks to cover his Mercedes payment?
Well, that would have to be about it for preparation right?
 
Wow - I thought my OS was thorough. Oh well, I guess they want to go the extra mile to make sure that new hip doesn't get infected. Inconvenient, though!
 
Pre-op appt was this week. Surgery is scheduled for Tues, June 12 at 7:15, so we have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am! It's 2 hrs from our house so we will stay overnight in a hotel near the hospital! My OS does this as outpatient, so I should be home by late afternoon. Does that blow your mind? The PA I saw for pre-op says a 4” incision closed with glue! For someone who has had 2 TKR and 30+ staples each time, this was GREAT news!

Tomorrow we head to the beach for a week with my daughter's family ( 2 Grands ages 4 and 7!) I plan to get all the use left in this old hip before trading it in....like a set of tires?! :heehee:
 
Wow Helen....outpatient THR, that DOES blow my mind! And only a 4" incision? I was in for 4 days, and have a 8" incision.....so does that mean they'll only charge you half as much as me? :heehee:

Have a great time with your littlies....at 4 and 7 they should have more than enough energy for them and you put together, so let them run round you :dancy: Hope that hip goes quietly into the night and allows you a great holiday!
 
Have a great weekend @Thesoutherncook !
I went to the coast the week before my surgery, out to do some offshore fishing. I was going to get some salt air and even though all that bouncing was torture on my hips, I said they better be hurting when I go in to get this done!
No danger there.
Love the little ones..it will be so much fun.:SUNsmile:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Third time is a charm?


Having a great time at the beach. The hip behaved UNTIL we went bowling! I threw one ball and it was OVER for me! I used the kiddie helper alomg with my 4 yr old Grand but I won the game! Ha! Ha!
The anethesiologist's nurse called today for info. I'm pre registered at the hospital and up to date with everyone and their cousin. Should be good to go for Early Tuesday am...5:30 am arrival time.
 
Sounds great, what hospital? I did the same thing, about the same distance from hospital. Nice dinner out and a good nights sleep and you'll be good to go. I was there 30 hrs, could have stayed as long as I wanted but I'd rather be home. The ride home should include a stop to get out and move a little, they said to stop after 1 hr max.
 
Back
Top Bottom