Bilateral THR Thing 1 and Thing2'

Hey Berber,
Playing ghost on us again.....you know we worry about you.
Hope you're doing okay and just busy, busy because the magic earring has you feeling like a new woman.
Give us a shout out when you're able.
Happy Tuesday to you!
@Berber7227
 
Hoping all is well with you and the weather is giving you a break.
I know you've had a lot of struggles and still have alot to contend with...but I think of you often and wish you marked improvement...:) :-) (:
 
Hey @Berber7227
Hoping all is well. Don't think you've ever been away this long.
Wondering how the Alpha Stim and new therapy are working...
Wishing you a peaceful weekend!
 
Had another major set back! MRI today! Maybe some answer!
 
Hang in there! We're all in your corner! Sending healing wishes your way!
 
Last week set record, 8 different medical appointments in 5 days!!
 
Yuck! That's worse than my 3 appts and 3 procedures in one day (the day my PCP broke me)!
 
You win - and definitely not a contest anyone wants to win! No wonder you haven't had time to come on here and hang with us.
 
Oh no, Berber! That's too bad.
I hope it's nothing serious. Please keep us posted.
We're here for you!
@Berber7227
 
Hi @Berber7227
I noticed you expressed elsewhere a feeling of hopelessness in the outcome
of your surgery. I'm truly sorry you're feeling such despair.

If you would be willing to share, in greater detail, why you're feeling that way, possibly someone will come along who can relate or has experienced the same. My hope is it could offer you some solace.

Consider tagging Jo again if you have any new information regarding your pain
or it's source. I'm not clear if your suffering is 100% BTHR related, or if something else is factoring in.

We'd love to offer support as you journey through. We will leave messages of cheer and encouragement, offer prayer etc but my hope is if you share more detail you'll receive suggestions and advice related responses which may prove beneficial.

Praying for your comfort and continued healing. We're here for you!
 
I too am curious to know if you think that your current pain is due to your surgery.
I hate that you are having to go to so many appointments but am hoping they are finding out what can be done.
Sincerely wish for you some peace.
 
That is way too many appointments for anyone to have to deal with in such a short time. Just remember that we are all here to support you and there maybe some who have dealt with the same issues you are. Hopefully you will find time to post an update soon. Sending healing thoughts your way....
 
MRI results, nothing wrong! I am just the lucky one in a million. Just have to live with the pain. Back to work Monday.
 
Hi :hi:
Well...I'm happy to hear the MRI didn't show anything.
The pain may ease or slowly disappear.
Maybe going back to work will help. Often pain feels less noticeable
when we're busy.
Is this the job where you have to be on your feet for long hours?
Hope you're last weekend off work is peaceful.
@Berber7227
 
I'm sure you were hoping the MRI would've given you some insight into why you are still in pain.
If you could be more specific about what kind of pain and where exactly and how it reacts to particular activity, maybe Jo could have some insight. You tend to be very vague about your particulars which makes it hard for all of us who SO want you to feel better to offer any advice.
I guess there is something to be said for ruling out major issues medically and resigning yourself to giving it more time to resolve.
Do try to ice and elevate after long days.
4 months is still not long after bilateral THR.
So sorry you are hurting !
 
I’m sorry you aren’t getting any answers. I know you feel you have to return to work but hopefully you can start with a few shorter days, at least for the first week, as you are going to find you are very tired. Josephine does usually have some good answers if you want to be specific in the pain and location. It might give you at least a starting point to resolve the problem. Sending healing thoughts your way and wishing you a restful, relaxing weekend.
 
Hi @Berber7227
I'm just catching up on everybody and saw you are back to work Monday. And still dealing with pain issues.
Just wanted to share that I have been helped quite a bit with my Quell devise. It is something you could use at work. I have to use their "sport" strips they seem more durable. You can google all of this.
It is like a TENS unit but seems to work a bit better than those units for me anyway. You can wear it 24/7 just have to change legs every 6-8 hours.even overnight. I did have to use it for a couple weeks before I noticed the best help. It is a gradual thing but I really do notice when I do not use it for a couple days. It promotes endorphins in your body. Since I have a lot of muscle/tendon pain in addition to my joint issues this does seem to help me.
This thing is kind of spendy but I bought mine from CVS online and had a coupon discount.
Just letting you know something that has helped me since I am not able to take a lot of other pain meds.
It might help you also.
Wishing you the best on Monday
 
I was so hoping they’d have some answers for you :unsure: I’m sorry you’re having such a rotten time of it.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom