TKR Thesoutherncook's Second Time Around!

Thanks, friends. You are the BEST for support! I did not say any of this report to brag, just to point out that it WILL get better! Don't sweat the small stuff. Adjust your expectations...life after TKR will not be as it was 20 yrs ago, but neither is any other part of our bodies! :giggle:

After lots of gentle stretching in PT yesterday, I felt the best since surgery! Of course, now I have sore muscles and that great feeling is suddenly only a memory...but I believe with all my heart, it WILL return!
 
Ok, repeaters, I have a question! My first TKR has started clicking and popping on the outside when I ride the recumbent bike. Could it be from swelling as it has taken on a large amount of responsibility for the past 2 months? Could this be scar tissue breaking loose even now? It is not painful, just disconcerting!
@Celle...any wise words??
 
It could be because the first knee is taking a bit more of the load, Helen. I doubt it's scar tissue.

However, while I know the theory about why our artificial knees make noises, it often seems that there's no logical explanation. My right knee clicked and clunked for 5 years and then suddenly stopped, but my left knee never made noises. Neither knee feels or felt looser than the other one.

Maybe some extra icing and elevation for the older knee would help, but I'm not giving any assurances there.
As long as it doesn't hurt, I think you can continue to ignore the noise.
 
Every once in a while my TKR makes a weird sound when I ride my recumbent bike. It doesn't hurt, just weird.
 
Banner day! I drove over the big mtn to the art gallery, made my delivery, had a nice long lunch with my friend who went with me, shopped through Belk Dept store and drove back home ( 1.5 hrs). We were gone from 10am-5pm! The TKR did great! Just a little sore tonite, but have already iced and elevated once and about to go another round! Wahhhhooooo! 9 wks tomorrow! :happydance:
 
@KarriB When your knee makes the weird sounds, can you also feel it crunching/popping/rubbing?? I'm not sure what to call it, but I can feel it internally and, if I put my fingers on the outside, can feel it moving!
 
Yes I can feel it, but I've never tried to feel it with my hand. This doesn't happen often. It may just be your RTKR is letting you know it's been doing a lot of work.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Back
Top Bottom